Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eric Gordon wants extension with Hornets

Shooting guard Eric Gordon said he’s willing to sign a long-term contract extension with the Hornets, who have until Wednesday to make that happen. But as the clock ticks away on that deadline, it’s also ticking on the timeline that is keeping Gordon sidelined with a bone bruise in his right knee that has limited the Hornets’ leading scorer to just two games this season.

Gordon said his agent, Rob Pelinka, has had ongoing dialog with the Hornets about an extension, and that the Hornets have expressed an interest.

“You know they’ve told me they want me here, they want an extension,” Gordon said. “But it’s all about what they think is the worth in me. They see that I’m capable of helping this team win, capable of playing hard every night offensively and defensively. Now it’s all about dealing with what I’m worth.”
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...open_to_a.html

Great news for Hornets fans. Also puts a stop to the "he's not happy in NOLA" thing.
    Last edited by nolafan33; 01-21-2012 at 11:36 AM.

He is a restricted. Most players that are ending their rookie contract resign due to the fact that it's either resign or demand a trade.

Willing is not wanting

Next free agent crop is getting slimmer & slimmer.

If I'm him, I'd do the extension and tellm, you have the duration of my contract to make this team elite.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Willing is not wanting
    Im very open to a long-term extension, said Gordon, the seventh pick in the 2008 draft. Its all about having enough security to where Im able to be here.
    Willing or want. There is no difference here. He likes being in New Orleans, and he's WILLING (the definition of willing is ready, eager, or prepared to do something) to sign the extension when the Hornets offer him one. So...

He's ready to sign an extension with the Hornets.
    He's eager to sign an extension with the Hornets.
    He's prepared to sign an extension with the Hornets.

See what I did there?

He would probably do it if that team gets the 2 of the first 3 picks in that star studded draft in 2012
    Stay Humble

Lebron and Bosh signed a deal.

Let's see him resign the 2nd time after going through more struggles.

Stern will veto the extension.

he's going to want a max deal or pretty damn close to it... his agent was asking the Clippers for this deal this is what made him expendable for the trade..

Kinda feel bad for the guy. Wants to stay loyal and he might be dealt, yet again. He's going to royally screw one of his next teams in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Stern will veto the extension.
    Lol'd ..... but sadly probably. Then force a trade to the Clippers for a 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft.

it more the " im restricted this mofos are not letting me walk so i better say some stupidity that is good for PR, there will be time to highjack the team later" attitued.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by raps08-09 champ View Post
    he is a restricted. Most players that are ending their rookie contract resign due to the fact that it's either resign or demand a trade.
    qo.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

For a player like Eric Gordon looking to establish himself in the league, i think staying with the Hornets is a smart move. If I were him i'd rather be option 1 on the Hornets then signing with another team and being option 2. He's a player that the team can build around if he continues to improve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast