Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't Feel To Bad For Wade's Injury, Receives Unbelievable Gift

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/17/dwyane...r-crane-miami/

Dwyane Wade got a SICK $230,000 sports car at his 30th birthday party in Miami this weekend -- but the most impressive part of the gift is how it was AIRLIFTED into the hotel pool without a scratch.

The car is a brand new 2012 McLaren MP4-12C -- given to him for FREE by the owner of a local luxury car dealership. Wade is the brand ambassador for that particular dealership.

The guy wanted the presentation of the car to be super-fancy -- with the McLaren waiting for Wade on a platform in the middle of the hotel pool. Problem is, you can't just drive that thing inside the hotel.

Instead, the car was loaded up onto a crane in the alley next to the pool area ... hoisted above the hotel wall ... and carefully lowered onto the waiting platform, positioned inside the pool.

Props to the crew -- because the whole thing went off without a hitch ... and D-Wade accepted his present in front of famous friends like Usher, Common, T.I., LeBron, and Chris Bosh.

Was the pool filled with water?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

cool

The whole setup to deliver and present the car probably cost half it's value already.

Not impressed. So much just for a simple car. The world is so materialistic sometimes, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

"It's the joy of proving people wrong, especially when people don't expect you or your team to win." - DRose

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    he can buy that himself pretty much out of his pocket
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

He's 30? Didn't realize that. Still has a ton left in the tank

Quote Originally Posted by bovice163 View Post
    Not impressed. So much just for a simple car. The world is so materialistic sometimes, but it doesn't bother me anymore.
    Most of these cars are priced way too high just for the aesthetic value, not that they handle or accelerate like it's worth it.

I drove a McLaren SLR a couple days ago for the first time. Yes, it was blazing fast, but I was not impressed with the overall finish of the car. You can buy 3 SLS roadsters for the price of that one SLR. What's crazy is I liked the SLS better regardless of the price comparison of the two.

sounds like my birthday party

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Most of these cars are priced way too high just for the aesthetic value, not that they handle or accelerate like it's worth it.

I drove a McLaren SLR a couple days ago for the first time. Yes, it was blazing fast, but I was not impressed with the overall finish of the car. You can buy 3 SLS roadsters for the price of that one SLR. What's crazy is I liked the SLS better regardless of the price comparison of the two.
    That's pretty cool, but you missed my point entirely. People seem to hold so much weight on physical material possessions in this world, and completely forget what's important. I can't blame him though, he has all this fame and money, and what can you do other than make the most of it. Good for Wade. I'm happy he's had such a fantastic career and so much success to go along with good health, but his possessions are irrelevant to me.

"It's the joy of proving people wrong, especially when people don't expect you or your team to win." - DRose

Quote Originally Posted by bovice163 View Post
    That's pretty cool, but you missed my point entirely. People seem to hold so much weight on physical material possessions in this world, and completely forget what's important. I can't blame him though, he has all this fame and money, and what can you do other than make the most of it. Good for Wade. I'm happy he's had such a fantastic career and so much success to go along with good health, but his possessions are irrelevant to me.
    Well the way I look at it is, I never degrade someone for spending their money regardless of what "possession" they buy. I know some people who fly off the handle when they watch a TV program and it says a guy bought a $1.5M yacht.

The way they see it is this guy is some greedy bum who could have put that money to charity, but I actually see it as a good thing by him putting that money into the economy. He bought the yacht which means all the production line and engineer guys got paid. He's going to have to pay a dock to store and fuel the yacht, going to hire a crew to man the yacht who will get paid, he's also going to have to maintain and upgrade the yacht... and if you know anything about the Marine industry or boats it's that things corrode and break all the time, and that technology is the fastest changing thing with GPS systems, radar, sonar, etc...

If guys weren't buying high end luxury cars, I for one wouldn't have a job.

So I never look down on someone for spending their money... the problem always rises in how they raised the money. These billionaires and millionaires will step over anyone and anything, destroy people's lives, or do whatever it takes to make money, an usually drastically underpay employees.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Well the way I look at it is, I never degrade someone for spending their money regardless of what "possession" they buy. I know some people who fly off the handle when they watch a TV program and it says a guy bought a $1.5M yacht.

The way they see it is this guy is some greedy bum who could have put that money to charity, but I actually see it as a good thing by him putting that money into the economy. He bought the yacht which means all the production line and engineer guys got paid. He's going to have to pay a dock to store and fuel the yacht, going to hire a crew to man the yacht who will get paid, he's also going to have to maintain and upgrade the yacht... and if you know anything about the Marine industry or boats it's that things corrode and break all the time, and that technology is the fastest changing thing with GPS systems, radar, sonar, etc...

If guys weren't buying high end luxury cars, I for one wouldn't have a job.

So I never look down on someone for spending their money... the problem always rises in how they raised the money. These billionaires and millionaires will step over anyone and anything, destroy people's lives, or do whatever it takes to make money, an usually drastically underpay employees.
    You're absolutely right. I didn't mean to come off as a know it all or anything. I wasn't attempting to judge him on his character, because I obviously don't know the guy. All I know is that he's charitable and cares for his mother since he bought her a Church on the Southside of Chicago. There's just a difference between DOING it, and LIVING it. I don't want to get all deep and spiritual, nor do I want to impose my beliefs on anyone else, only just want to get my opinion out there. Money to me is just something that I need to survive and live comfortably in this World system. Other than that, I find that it generally leads to imbalanced lifestyles which eventually revolve around it, but I speak only from my experiences. But again, everything in this world is perspective, and it would be wrong of me to judge someone from my own interpretations of them, and your post helped me remember that, which I thank you for.

They absolutely have the right to spend their money in any way they want, but if they're going to do things like this that are about nothing more than showing off how much you have and how excessively you can spend, then they really need to tone down the ******** about how much they love communities and how much it means to them to really help those worse off than themselves. I realize they do a lot for those communities, but your motivation sort of seems pretty hollow when you're also burning money like this.

(and yes, I realize he didn't actually pay for it, but I'm talking about these people in general).

I didn't know he was 30

didnt wade and lebron promice like 7 ships ? wades gonna be winning ships at 37

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast