Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Orleans Saints Fans Check-In Thread

This is made so that we could all get to know each other by introducing yourselves. Any guests, feel free to sign up and check in!

Here is the link for new visitors to start the FREE registration process: http://www.forums.prosportsdaily.com...s/register.php

1. Location -
    2. Favorite Current Saint -
    3. Favorite Former Saint -
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? -
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? -
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? -
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? -
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. -

--------------------

I've rebooted the 'check-in' due to the last one being 5 years old and many of the posters no longer being here. The link to the old one is below.
    I ask that the veterans here please re-do this one more time when you have some time.

OLD FAN CHECK-IN THREAD:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=59939
    Last edited by iamaj; 09-02-2017 at 01:42 PM.

1. Location - Charlotte, NC

2. Favorite Current Saint - Drew Brees

3. Favorite Former Saint - Dalton Hilliard

4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - Close to 20 years

5. How did you become a Saints fan? - I was playing "Tecmo Superbowl" for the NES in the early 90's and was playing with my friends. I closed my eyes to pick a team and said, "that'll be my favorite team from now on". I landed on the Saints and have stuck with them ever since.

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - NBA - Suns, MLB - Yankees, NHL - Penguins

7. What's the story behind your User Name? - I am a fan of the band 'Faith No More' and became attached to one of their songs called, "King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime".

8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - Before becoming a Suns mod, I attempted to change my tag to "DarkPhoenixSaga" but was not allowed to as it will confuse posters who see 10,000 posts for a user they've never seen before.

1. Location - VA
    2. Favorite Current Saint - Vilma / Brees
    3. Favorite Former Saint - Willie Roaf
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - 14 years
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? - From La kind of grew on me
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Heat LSU Detroit Tigers
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? - Saints are underdogs infinity
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - Who Dat Nation represent!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

1. Location - Long Beach, MS
    2. Favorite Current Saint -Drew Brees
    3. Favorite Former Saint -Just one? I loved Morton, Deuce, Swilling. Pick one lol
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? -My earliest memories of being a regular fan were in 1993, so I'll say 19 years
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? - Local team
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? -Baseball - Atlanta Braves, college - USM
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? -My name's AJ
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - I'm a procrastinator who never fin

1. Location - La
    2. Favorite Current Saint -Drew Brees
    3. Favorite Former Saint -Darren Sharper
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? -6 years
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? -When they signed Drew Brees
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? -Nba-lakers
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? -I Own a Pontiac Trans am GTA
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. -We're going to wipe the floor with those whiners.
    WHO DAT!

1. Location - Gonzales, La
    2. Favorite Current Saint - Drew Brees
    3. Favorite Former Saint - La'Roi Glover, Sammy Knight
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - early 90's
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? - been going to games since i was a young'n
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Hornets fan
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? - nothing at all

Favorite current saint: vilma
    Favorite former saint: joe horn
    How long have you been a saints fan? Since I was old enough to understand the game of football
    How did you become a saints fan? I always watch them play with my dad on Sunday
    Other sports you enjoy? Other teams you root for ? I enjoy playing golf and MLB:braves
    What

1. Location -Maui, Hawaii
    2. Favorite Current Saint - Graham / Brees
    3. Favorite Former Saint - Joe Horn
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - 7 years
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? - Signing drew brees. Drafting reggie bush . I liked the insignia and colors.
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Basketball- Celtics, Clippers, Thunder. Baseball- St. Louis Cardinals
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? - whodat for the saints. 808 for Hawaii area code.
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - Geaux Saints
    ...Russell Westbrook is a chucker

Russell Westbrook's response, "If das whacha say bruh"

1. Location - Houston, Texas since 1993

2. Favorite Current Saint (s) - Pierre Thomas / Jimmy Graham

3. Favorite Former Saint (s) - Rickey Jackson (This guy was a bad ***) / Duece McAllister / Rueben Mayes

4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - 35 years

5. How did you become a Saints fan? - After Jackie Smith dropped that pass in the Cowboys / Steelers SB in 1978. I pulled for the Cowboys and the Saints. Dropped the Cowboys though figured if I'll pull for a suck team let it be a home state team. Damn the Saints were awful back then! :cry:

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - College Football / Golf. After this season's BS championship fiasco which totally screwed LSU; I'm thinking about devoting more time to my Golf game.

7. What's the story behind your User Name? - see #4.

8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - If the BS championship committee and the NCAA don't get their act together and implement a true playoff system for big time college football they will kill the college football game!!!
    Last edited by SAINTFOR35; 01-16-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling correction, can't leave out Duece

1) Location- Nashville, TN

2) Favorite current Saint- Pierre Thomas or Marques Colston

3) Favorite former Saint- Deuce!!!

4) How long have you been a Saints Fan- Since I could really understand the game so.....16 years.

5) How did you become a Saints fan? I was born into it. From New Orleans, so naturally my whole family were Saints fans. My first Christmas present was a brown paper bag.

6) Other sports? I love my New Orleans Hornets and those LSU tigers.

7) Story behind my username? BU- Belmont University where I go to school. Saints- for obvious reasons 23- Pierre Thomas.

8) Anything else? I'm relatively new here so i'm glad to finally find some people I can talk real Saints football with. These Titans fans in Nashville are no fun.

Oh, we're doing this again? Well I'm back from hiatus anyway.

1. Location - Currently Baton Rouge, LA (may change to Seattle, WA or New Orleans on any given day, as I move back and forth frequently)

2. Favorite Current Saint - Drew Brees/Jimmy Graham

3. Favorite Former Saint - changes all the time...I'll go with La'Roi Glover

4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - since I was 11

5. How did you become a Saints fan? -grew up in NOLA

6. Other sports you enjoy? Football is my one true love in sports, so college football certainly. I pay a great deal of attention to college baseball and I casually will watch some others.

7.What other sporting teams do you root for? - LSU Tigers (football and baseball) and Auburn Tigers (football). I also have a few more universities whose programs I follow but I don't necessarily "root" for: Washington Huskies, North Carolina Tar Heels, Texas Longhorns, Florida Gators

8. What's the story behind your User Name? - I study dinosaurs and other extinct animals (mostly mammals). Neovenator is a dinosaur.

9. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - Not sure if I like the NFL season or the NFL draft season better...
    Last edited by neovenator250; 02-08-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Quote Originally Posted by BUSaints23 View Post
    8) Anything else? I'm relatively new here so i'm glad to finally find some people I can talk real Saints football with. These Titans fans in Nashville are no fun.
    I feel ya bro. When I was at Auburn, there were Falcons fans and Titans fans galore. It was depressing

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Well Ive been stalking you guys for like two years now. Finally decided to stop watching from the sidelines and get in the game.

1. Location - Victoria, Texas
    2. Favorite Current Saint - Brees
    3. Favorite Former Saint - Dome Patrol
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - since we went 12-3 in 1987
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? - the 1987 season and all these damn cowboys fans...
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? -I like college football and basketball during the playoffs. Go Spurs!
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? -twiztid=from the rap group
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. -Im so excited for the upcoming year and hope for an improved defense. Spag-nola!

^^ Glad to have you aboard! For a successful franchise, we've struggle getting fans in the Saints forum, whereas Giants and Packers fans are all over this forum.

It'll be slow during the offseason but when the draft and free agency hit, it'll pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    1. Location - Gonzales, La
    2. Favorite Current Saint - Mickey Loomis
    3. Favorite Former Saint - La'Roi Glover, Sammy Knight
    4. How long have you been a Saints fan for? - early 90's
    5. How did you become a Saints fan? - been going to games since i was a young'n
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Hornets fan
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? - nothing at all

edited

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast