Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Dwight Howard end the 2012 in a Laker uniform?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 51.65%
  • No

22 24.18%
  • Not Sure

22 24.18%
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    I think the only deal, realistically, would be a trade with the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith($12,400,000) and Jeff Teague($1,579,920). It would not only give us a replacement starter at the 4 and a Young PG but it would would give us youth, athleticism and defense. Gasol is making $18,714,150, ATL is $68,325.036 in salary cap so there would have to be some more players added or a 3rd team. The Hawks play like there is no chemistry and no passion. It would help the Hawks stay competitive and move Horford to the 4.
    I would do that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesyLakeShow View Post
    I've heard from other sources so when it happens hit me up I would like to put up 100 for the land
    State your sources son.

Kmart signing makes no sense at all...
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

I think the only deal, realistically, would be a trade with the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith($12,400,000) and Jeff Teague($1,579,920). It would not only give us a replacement starter at the 4 and a Young PG but it would would give us youth, athleticism and defense. Gasol is making $18,714,150, ATL is $68,325.036 in salary cap so there would have to be some more players added or a 3rd team. The Hawks play like there is no chemistry and no passion. It would help the Hawks stay competitive and move Horford to the 4.
    idk if the Hawks would do that trade, they wouldnt have a PG, unless we trade them Blake too which I wouldnt mind doing
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    idk if the Hawks would do that trade, they wouldnt have a PG, unless we trade them Blake too which I wouldnt mind doing
    I dont see a reason the Hawks would'nt accept this trade. It would give them a bigger center and some veteran leadership and a chance at winning the east, Joe Johnson, Horford and Gasol, thats a handful for any team and a group of good half-court players. As for the Lakers it would help their bench defense when Bynum goes out with a shot-blocker in J. smoove.
    Hahahaha oh man addition by subtraction big time. So happy Eyebrows is gone. That tan Bieber was such a waste. Snake oil salesman. You lip-licking, eyebrow-rubbing, skinny jean-wearing, bandana in 60 degree weather-wearing, no defense-playing, false-leading, denture-wearing, drag queen. So happy you're gone. But I will miss jacking it to pictures Of you.
    Mr. Jones on Dlo trade.

I dont see a reason the Hawks would'nt accept this trade. It would give them a bigger center and some veteran leadership and a chance at winning the east, Joe Johnson, Horford and Gasol, thats a handful for any team and a group of good half-court players. As for the Lakers it would help their bench defense when Bynum goes out with a shot-blocker in J. smoove.
    Our FO is too caught up on the D12/D-Will sweepstakes
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

That would be an excellent trade. I really like Jeff Teague at the 1 and Josh Smith is a capable defender.

We have to get this guy now. Time is wasting and if Bynum goes down with an injury we are screwed!

We need a PG soooo badly.

We need a pg badly... I'm sorry we won't win anything without a true starting pg. Kobe needs help on the perimeter. The guy just cannot do it on his own for the full season and playoffs.

How about we go back to Houston and trade Pau for Scola , Lowry and Lee (or) Williams.

I know Scola is worst than Pau. But Lowry would be a huge upgrade. Williams or Lee coming of the bench would also be nice

Then we go to Orlando and ask about D12

Should we have a separate Avenged24 speculation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by krrys11 View Post
    How about we go back to Houston and trade Pau for Scola , Lowry and Lee (or) Williams.

I know Scola is worst than Pau. But Lowry would be a huge upgrade. Williams or Lee coming of the bench would also be nice

I like the prospects of this trade. It would solve our PG situation, but it more importantly solves our tenacity problem. Right now we have three consistent players who give it their all every night (Bryant, Barnes, and McRoberts [when he plays]). There is something to be said about this part of ones basketball game. It is used as a motivator for the team collective as well as can demoralize an opposing team (flat out make them tired on OFF/DEF). This is another reason why i think it is important to go after Howard in the long run.

Giving up Pau would be hard, but i feel to often he plays like the "Lion with no heart" from the Wizard of OZ (doesn't consistently play with passion, that and quickly loses confidence). I don't think he believes he is the best PF in the league and I think he can be, but unless he can get the Kobe mindset down, he will continue to fall short of what he is capable of (thus being a facilitator not the imposing force he can/needs to be).

As for Bynum... he just checks himself out sometimes. He can effect a game just as much as Dwight can, but he has to work on decision making under duress (force shots, and turnovers have been his outcomes). This is why if the front office is patient and strikes at the right time a possibility at Dwight (with the omission of Pau) is the right move.

The Laker's lack teeth... our team has the talent in my opinion to when a championship, but there is a missing mentality for a great portion of our roster. I think Scola and Lowry (I'd compare him to what Fisher would have been without the Triangle) would bring us closer to being a contender than with our current roster. Pau is great, but his size and skill don't make up for our greatest need...tenacity! Plus Scola would still spread the floor which would give Bynum at least the same spacing he is currently getting (also making him the clear #2). Pau has also show that his size doesn't aid as much to our defense (Smaller forwards seem to put up decent numbers on him pretty consistently, 9/12 games Pau's man scored 15*ppg... where Scola's gave 3/10). The disparity is at rebounds and about 8% FG% (which is where Pau's size is a benefit).

I think its something to chew on. I think our front office is smart and taking a patient approach to this season. We have a steep learning curve with new systems (OFF/DEF) and no time to work them out (pretty much only OJT). Kobe is keeping us in contention, but I am not sure he will be able to keep this kind of production up (he's been incredible). With only nine days off for the rest of this month I can see us really getting tired. Especially with our bigs (Murphy and McRoberts being out is putting alot of time on Bynum and Pau)

Quote Originally Posted by krrys11 View Post

I mentioned this trade already.problem is ,the rockets arent giving up lowery for Pau .So like i mentioned before maybe the three team deal works out with orlando.Goes like this

We get Lowery JJ redick Howard and hedo, Houston gets Pau barnes and duhon or quentin richardson.Magic get Kevin martin,Bynum, ebanks and scola with first rounder
    Lowery
    Bryant
    Hedo
    Mccroberts
    Howard

Steve Blake
    T.williams
    M.Barnes
    Pau
    Dalembert

J. Nelson
    Kevin martin
    E banks
    Scola
    Bynum

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I would do that trade.
    I think we need hedo and I would trade essentially pau away for him in a three team deal with no doubt . Hedo is almost 50 percent from the three and averaging 14 points a game he will start at the 3 an stretch the field with him Dwight and McCroberts we are big on the front court and the 3 point threat we need McCroberts can hit those 13 foot jumpers and essentially almost look like the days when we had glen rice Horace grant and shaq days... If we stole miller from Denver he could be our Ron Harper ... Just saying

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast