Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will Dwight Howard end the 2012 in a Laker uniform?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    47 51.65%
  • No

    22 24.18%
  • Not Sure

    22 24.18%
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1009
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    24,171
    Quote Originally Posted by show34 View Post
    Like whats the latest on arenas? And steve nash? Do we still have a shot at swight howard im just like in a state of panic because every body making moves except us after the cp3 thang fell through we just havent been active . Just being concerned for the best organization in basket ball
    to be honest, there's nothing much going on that is of real substance. check back towards the trading deadline.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,171
    postgame Nash said Kobe is the best player in the world....

    Get'em Mitch! lol

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,853
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    postgame Nash said Kobe is the best player in the world....

    Get'em Mitch! lol

    Hed be perfect for our system right now. Imagine allllllllllll the pick and rolls with Pau gasol. and allllll those 3s. hed be averaging 15 dimes a night.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Hed be perfect for our system right now. Imagine allllllllllll the pick and rolls with Pau gasol. and allllll those 3s. hed be averaging 15 dimes a night.
    Wouldn't we have to send Pau for Nash? :/
    2010 - ATLANTIC CITY CRAPS - NBA Re-Draft Champions!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,901
    If management somehow fails to get a veteran PG/solid passer before the deadline, I would do this trade:

    Rockets get Gasol
    Magic get Bynum+Lakers/Dallas/Rockets picks
    Nets get Scola+Martin+Hedo+Blake/Dragic
    Lakers get D-Will+D12

    If the Nets dont want Hedo then the Lakers or Rockets should get him, but basically all these teams win IMO

    Nets: Blake or Dragic/Martin/Hedo/Scola/Lopez
    Rockets: Lowry/Lee/SF/Pau/Dalembert
    Magic: Nelson/Richardson/SF/Anderson/Bynum
    Lakers: D-Will/Kobe/Barnes/McRoberts/Dwight
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Hollywood
    Posts
    746
    kobe sucks, lets amnesty him and lose all hope of winning a championship to sign deron/dwight or both

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,320

    After All-Star W/end, the trade winds will blow but not before.

    Cold hard fact is ORL's last and best opportunity to convince Dwight to stay is the circus act that is All-Star w/end, in Orlando. This is their best opportunity to showcase their city and culture to prospective stars and/or convince Dwight it's the place to be. This is too big for ORL not too wait out for and not trade Dwight, just yet.

    Once that is all over the muddy waters will clear, teams will have a greater idea where they are at and the biggest domino that is Dwight will either stand fast or tumble. Once it tumbles, so will the others. Most GM's will have their war room table covered in prospective trades, but like draft night, you have to wait and see what the teams before you, which in this case is ORL does. And frankly there is nothing anyone can do until they make their move.

    Yes the Lakers could use help at the point and they have a number of valuable assets. Eg. TPE, 2 firsts, Bynum and Pau. But their target is Howard, it has to be, and until ORL play their cards Mitch will stand fast. Any trade for Howard or their 2nd choice in Williams won't necessarily be a like player for like player scenario. Yes it may well be a C for a C with Howard, but if it's Deron it will be a 1 for a 5. The TPE will then be needed to get another big. If we miss both big fish then the TPE and the picks may be used to get a lower level 1. But more options will then be open as the Dwight and Deron cards will have been played and their will be a long list of losers in the same boat looking to retool or stock pile picks and cash.

    Speculation for a trade, and I'm one of the worst, will just have be just that. Nothing will happen until All-Star. Frustrating as that is. How do I know? More than a hunch, I listen and it just makes sense.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westside...
    Posts
    1,268
    Just trade for Dwight.. Tryout the big 3 of Kobe-Pau and Dwight...

    see what we can get via the TPE...if we cant land a good pg... just get a good sg...

    roll with blake and fish for the last time..

    then sign nash in the offseason for a 2 yr mini mle deal...
    Lakers Wishlist...

    Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,788
    I totally agree with all of this. I just really hope we keep Pau and trade Drew, Ebanks and our first rounders for Dwight plus filler. We might not get the PG we've been wanting for this season, but I think Steve Blake will be serviceable for this year only under Mike Brown's offense. But, I agree, if we get Dwight, then we get Deron, maybe via S&T because NJ Nets would look like fools to give up D.Will for nothing. Deron wants to play with Dwight and Dwight wants to play in LA. Thus, Deron wants to play in LA. Keep those 2 away from West Rival Dallas!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    san bernardino, Ca
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Cold hard fact is ORL's last and best opportunity to convince Dwight to stay is the circus act that is All-Star w/end, in Orlando. This is their best opportunity to showcase their city and culture to prospective stars and/or convince Dwight it's the place to be. This is too big for ORL not too wait out for and not trade Dwight, just yet.

    Once that is all over the muddy waters will clear, teams will have a greater idea where they are at and the biggest domino that is Dwight will either stand fast or tumble. Once it tumbles, so will the others. Most GM's will have their war room table covered in prospective trades, but like draft night, you have to wait and see what the teams before you, which in this case is ORL does. And frankly there is nothing anyone can do until they make their move.

    Yes the Lakers could use help at the point and they have a number of valuable assets. Eg. TPE, 2 firsts, Bynum and Pau. But their target is Howard, it has to be, and until ORL play their cards Mitch will stand fast. Any trade for Howard or their 2nd choice in Williams won't necessarily be a like player for like player scenario. Yes it may well be a C for a C with Howard, but if it's Deron it will be a 1 for a 5. The TPE will then be needed to get another big. If we miss both big fish then the TPE and the picks may be used to get a lower level 1. But more options will then be open as the Dwight and Deron cards will have been played and their will be a long list of losers in the same boat looking to retool or stock pile picks and cash.

    Speculation for a trade, and I'm one of the worst, will just have be just that. Nothing will happen until All-Star. Frustrating as that is. How do I know? More than a hunch, I listen and it just makes sense.
    +1

    I completely feel the same way. Especially about the part that all of the other teams that want to rebuild will want our draft picks and TPE of we don't use them. That can set us up for some servicable help IF we lose out on Dwight and deron or both.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano-Montero... View Post
    Just trade for Dwight.. Tryout the big 3 of Kobe-Pau and Dwight...

    see what we can get via the TPE...if we cant land a good pg... just get a good sg...

    roll with blake and fish for the last time..

    then sign nash in the offseason for a 2 yr mini mle deal...
    This is honestly the best and most realistic plan to date. We have the trio of KB-Pau-DH2012 , and then next season get the best passing PG in the NBA.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,958
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmLaker View Post
    kobe sucks, lets amnesty him and lose all hope of winning a championship to sign deron/dwight or both
    This.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    44,119
    We should trade Bynum for Rubio, Wes Johnson and Darko.
    ]

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    146

    Possible Lakers Final Roster!!!!!!!!!

    I understand this would be hard to pull off but very possible.If we can make a trade for a point guard and dwight we would be set to win a championship. Lets face it kobe can't do it himself anymore and the lakers need someone that can get assists and score. IMO dj augustin can e a great fit for the lakers.
    If the lakers can pull off a three team trade with the magic and bobcats where the lakers get dwight and dj augustin Would be amazing. If we can pull off this trade without giving up bynum i would do it in a heartbeat but if we can't we should try to make to separate trades with both teams .
    Our lineup with both if we do the trade
    C Bynum
    PF dwight
    SF matt barnes if we don't trade him
    SG Kobe
    Pg DJ

    IMO THAT WOULD BE THE BEST STARTING LINEUP IN THE NBA IF ONLY WE CAN PULL IT OFF.
    AND NOW THAT THE BOBCATS HAVE KEMBA I THINK THEY WOULD TRADE DJ THE ONLY QUESTION IS WHATS THE ASKING PRICE.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,994
    Not a fan of having Bynum and Dwight playing together. No spacing.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •