Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Dwight Howard end the 2012 in a Laker uniform?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 51.65%
  • No

22 24.18%
  • Not Sure

22 24.18%
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by show34 View Post
    Like whats the latest on arenas? And steve nash? Do we still have a shot at swight howard im just like in a state of panic because every body making moves except us after the cp3 thang fell through we just havent been active . Just being concerned for the best organization in basket ball
    to be honest, there's nothing much going on that is of real substance. check back towards the trading deadline.

postgame Nash said Kobe is the best player in the world....

Get'em Mitch! lol

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    postgame Nash said Kobe is the best player in the world....

Get'em Mitch! lol

Hed be perfect for our system right now. Imagine allllllllllll the pick and rolls with Pau gasol. and allllll those 3s. hed be averaging 15 dimes a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Hed be perfect for our system right now. Imagine allllllllllll the pick and rolls with Pau gasol. and allllll those 3s. hed be averaging 15 dimes a night.
    Wouldn't we have to send Pau for Nash? :/
    2010 - ATLANTIC CITY CRAPS - NBA Re-Draft Champions!!

If management somehow fails to get a veteran PG/solid passer before the deadline, I would do this trade:

Rockets get Gasol
    Magic get Bynum+Lakers/Dallas/Rockets picks
    Nets get Scola+Martin+Hedo+Blake/Dragic
    Lakers get D-Will+D12

If the Nets dont want Hedo then the Lakers or Rockets should get him, but basically all these teams win IMO

Nets: Blake or Dragic/Martin/Hedo/Scola/Lopez
    Rockets: Lowry/Lee/SF/Pau/Dalembert
    Magic: Nelson/Richardson/SF/Anderson/Bynum
    Lakers: D-Will/Kobe/Barnes/McRoberts/Dwight
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

kobe sucks, lets amnesty him and lose all hope of winning a championship to sign deron/dwight or both

After All-Star W/end, the trade winds will blow but not before.

Cold hard fact is ORL's last and best opportunity to convince Dwight to stay is the circus act that is All-Star w/end, in Orlando. This is their best opportunity to showcase their city and culture to prospective stars and/or convince Dwight it's the place to be. This is too big for ORL not too wait out for and not trade Dwight, just yet.

Once that is all over the muddy waters will clear, teams will have a greater idea where they are at and the biggest domino that is Dwight will either stand fast or tumble. Once it tumbles, so will the others. Most GM's will have their war room table covered in prospective trades, but like draft night, you have to wait and see what the teams before you, which in this case is ORL does. And frankly there is nothing anyone can do until they make their move.

Yes the Lakers could use help at the point and they have a number of valuable assets. Eg. TPE, 2 firsts, Bynum and Pau. But their target is Howard, it has to be, and until ORL play their cards Mitch will stand fast. Any trade for Howard or their 2nd choice in Williams won't necessarily be a like player for like player scenario. Yes it may well be a C for a C with Howard, but if it's Deron it will be a 1 for a 5. The TPE will then be needed to get another big. If we miss both big fish then the TPE and the picks may be used to get a lower level 1. But more options will then be open as the Dwight and Deron cards will have been played and their will be a long list of losers in the same boat looking to retool or stock pile picks and cash.

Speculation for a trade, and I'm one of the worst, will just have be just that. Nothing will happen until All-Star. Frustrating as that is. How do I know? More than a hunch, I listen and it just makes sense.

Just trade for Dwight.. Tryout the big 3 of Kobe-Pau and Dwight...

see what we can get via the TPE...if we cant land a good pg... just get a good sg...

roll with blake and fish for the last time..

then sign nash in the offseason for a 2 yr mini mle deal...
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

I totally agree with all of this. I just really hope we keep Pau and trade Drew, Ebanks and our first rounders for Dwight plus filler. We might not get the PG we've been wanting for this season, but I think Steve Blake will be serviceable for this year only under Mike Brown's offense. But, I agree, if we get Dwight, then we get Deron, maybe via S&T because NJ Nets would look like fools to give up D.Will for nothing. Deron wants to play with Dwight and Dwight wants to play in LA. Thus, Deron wants to play in LA. Keep those 2 away from West Rival Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Cold hard fact is ORL's last and best opportunity to convince Dwight to stay is the circus act that is All-Star w/end, in Orlando. This is their best opportunity to showcase their city and culture to prospective stars and/or convince Dwight it's the place to be. This is too big for ORL not too wait out for and not trade Dwight, just yet.

Once that is all over the muddy waters will clear, teams will have a greater idea where they are at and the biggest domino that is Dwight will either stand fast or tumble. Once it tumbles, so will the others. Most GM's will have their war room table covered in prospective trades, but like draft night, you have to wait and see what the teams before you, which in this case is ORL does. And frankly there is nothing anyone can do until they make their move.

Yes the Lakers could use help at the point and they have a number of valuable assets. Eg. TPE, 2 firsts, Bynum and Pau. But their target is Howard, it has to be, and until ORL play their cards Mitch will stand fast. Any trade for Howard or their 2nd choice in Williams won't necessarily be a like player for like player scenario. Yes it may well be a C for a C with Howard, but if it's Deron it will be a 1 for a 5. The TPE will then be needed to get another big. If we miss both big fish then the TPE and the picks may be used to get a lower level 1. But more options will then be open as the Dwight and Deron cards will have been played and their will be a long list of losers in the same boat looking to retool or stock pile picks and cash.

Speculation for a trade, and I'm one of the worst, will just have be just that. Nothing will happen until All-Star. Frustrating as that is. How do I know? More than a hunch, I listen and it just makes sense.
    +1

I completely feel the same way. Especially about the part that all of the other teams that want to rebuild will want our draft picks and TPE of we don't use them. That can set us up for some servicable help IF we lose out on Dwight and deron or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cano-Montero... View Post
    Just trade for Dwight.. Tryout the big 3 of Kobe-Pau and Dwight...

see what we can get via the TPE...if we cant land a good pg... just get a good sg...

roll with blake and fish for the last time..

then sign nash in the offseason for a 2 yr mini mle deal...
    This is honestly the best and most realistic plan to date. We have the trio of KB-Pau-DH2012 , and then next season get the best passing PG in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmLaker View Post
    kobe sucks, lets amnesty him and lose all hope of winning a championship to sign deron/dwight or both
    This.

We should trade Bynum for Rubio, Wes Johnson and Darko.
    ]

Possible Lakers Final Roster!!!!!!!!!

I understand this would be hard to pull off but very possible.If we can make a trade for a point guard and dwight we would be set to win a championship. Lets face it kobe can't do it himself anymore and the lakers need someone that can get assists and score. IMO dj augustin can e a great fit for the lakers.
    If the lakers can pull off a three team trade with the magic and bobcats where the lakers get dwight and dj augustin Would be amazing. If we can pull off this trade without giving up bynum i would do it in a heartbeat but if we can't we should try to make to separate trades with both teams .
    Our lineup with both if we do the trade
    C Bynum
    PF dwight
    SF matt barnes if we don't trade him
    SG Kobe
    Pg DJ

IMO THAT WOULD BE THE BEST STARTING LINEUP IN THE NBA IF ONLY WE CAN PULL IT OFF.
    AND NOW THAT THE BOBCATS HAVE KEMBA I THINK THEY WOULD TRADE DJ THE ONLY QUESTION IS WHATS THE ASKING PRICE.

Not a fan of having Bynum and Dwight playing together. No spacing.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast