Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is KG's act getting old..taunting in pre seson games

Video> http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...sct=nba_bf2_a7

Kevin Garnett is getting old now, but he’s still Kevin Garnett, which means he’s doing ridiculous things like this in preseason games:

Honestly, I couldn’t do a better impression of Garnett’s cartoonish trash-talking if I tried. Yes, this is stupid and probably unsportsmanlike, and it’s doubly and triply crazy because it happened in a preseason game and at the expense of yet another Raptor. Garnett once pulled the same clapping-an-inch-from-your-face-and-screaming thing at a startled Jose Calderon, and he got on all fours and barked like a dog at current Raptor Jerryd Bayless when Bayless was still in Portland.

The list goes on and on. I recounted a dozen or so of Garnett’s nuttiest incidents early last season, after Detroit’s Charlie Villanueva (a former Raptor!) claimed Garnett called him a “cancer patient” in a particularly nasty bit of trash talk. He even refused during a visit to Indianapolis in the summer of 2009 to meet with Pacers’ rookies Tyler Hansbrough and A.J. Price, telling a Pacers employee, “[Expletive] your rookies,” according to the Boston Globe.

I’ve had maybe two conversations with Garnett, so I don’t know him at all, and he certainly has no idea who I am. If you follow me on Twitter, you know Garnett’s face serves as my avatar, and that’s in part because he is one of my all-time favorite players, based simply on his on-court contributions. I have never seen a better defensively player in my lifetime, and I learned a lot about how team defense can work by watching Garnett. He plays with unusual intensity, and it seems clear now he has to go to some scary places — some borderline inhuman places — to fuel that intensity. Poor Andrea Bargnani is the latest victim, and he didn’t seem all that upset about it.

KG is a douche. Nothing new about that. He's stepped it up even since he won a ring. Guess the ego is getting to his head.

But to others, it's his intensity.

Imagine you would have to hang around with this clown every day. No surprise that no good FA signs with the Celtics.

To answer the title question, yes. He's a complete meathead. He knows the game and can play it well, but just comes off like a jerk.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

Garnett has always been like that. Pretty sure things like this from Garnett don't surprise me. He's the true second coming of Dennis Rodman.

^ Lmao! I couldn't help but picture KG in a wedding dress, sue me!

I think that within his personal life, KG is a semi-reasonable jerk. As in, he's not going to do something insane, but he may not treat some people, and fans, with the respect that they deserve. Telling kids "You've got a better chance of catching Bin Laden than getting an autograph from me," may seem funny to him, but it's devastating to youth to have your favorite athlete treat you like ****.

KG isn't going make as many headlines as Rodman did, but he wishes he could when he's on the court. Something happens to that man when he puts on a jersey and steps out in front of people. Insecurity, anger, whatever the reason, the man goes from an unreasonable person to a unsportsmanlike imbecile.

Again, the man can play, but sports are not always about wins and losses.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

He is a competitor in every aspect.
    He strives when his opponent is rattled or not on their game
    It may seem childish and silly but maybe thats what he needed to get himself going.
    Got to admit its at least a bit amusing.

Who gives a ****? He's not a rapist, not a mass-murderer, not a drug dealer... He's a hard-*** on the basketball court. He does it to get into the opponents heads... AND GUESS WHAT -- it works!

(not a celtics fan either)

Its just getting into people heads. Trash talking is everywhere in sports from the nba to the park down your street and even the headset when you play 2k.....and it works on the other 2 levels for me n seems to be working for him the last 15 years in the NBA just fine....the WEAK are gunna hate tho

How about that fuggly *** thug demar derozan walking over Avery Bradley. That's real taunting.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by magichatnumber9 View Post
    How about that fuggly *** thug demar derozan walking over Avery Bradley. That's real taunting.
    Thug????? lol hes a pretty melo guy

Quote Originally Posted by stawka View Post
    Who gives a ****? He's not a rapist, not a mass-murderer, not a drug dealer... He's a hard-*** on the basketball court. He does it to get into the opponents heads... AND GUESS WHAT -- it works!

This

Quote Originally Posted by stawka View Post

I think it a tech but for some reason he seems to be the one player in the NBA that is allowed to do stuff like this..im not calling for him to be beheaded or anything lol

I find it a bit embarrassing and over the top, but he gets it done so it is what it is. The only thing that bothers me is that he's yet to pull this off on someone with a pair of balls. I'd have less of a problem if he tried it on someone like Kurt Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadwayjoe NY View Post
    I find it a bit embarrassing and over the top, but he gets it done so it is what it is. The only thing that bothers me is that he's yet to pull this off on someone with a pair of balls. I'd have less of a problem if he tried it on someone like Kurt Thomas.
    I think KG does this to European players because they are all aloof and have there own little clique. Other then that he only does it to players he doesn't respect like Andre Blatche. But seriously Kurt Thomas, he's a boss in the league, very respected.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast