Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Chauncey Billups: Me and CP3 are going to cause teams a lot of problems

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chauncey-billups-im-in/

Great read. Also explains how Clippers won the Billups bid in detail. I still don't get how teams are going to guard CP3, Billups, Butler and Griffin. Any one of them can iso. 3 of them shot 40+ percent from deep last year. Griffin ranked second in the L for points in paint. Then you have DJ where if you leave him wide open he will dunk on you.. if you don't box him out he will kill you on offensive class.

Alot of tough talk... I know Billups can back up his words tho

Yea they are, too bad the games are on so late...will have to watch them when they play in the east coast

Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Yea they are, too bad the games are on so late...will have to watch them when they play in the east coast
    LOL yea most games for the team start at 7:30 pacific.. which means start time of 10:30 for you. Good news is we have the 5th most nationally televised schedule in the NBA last I saw in the new 66 game schedule. Meaning many more mid day games. I think Clippers have 23 nationally televised games compared to like 8 or 10 last year.

Just glad Billups went to a great team like the Clippers
    Deal with it

Much ado about nothing.

He must mean they are retiring together, or something like that. Weird.

CP3 and I will cause teams a lot of problems.
    So billups is playing the 2 spot?

No. Its gonna be Paul and Griffin that will cause teams a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Yeah 4.30am is a little bit worse than 2am

Quote Originally Posted by xnickx5757 View Post
    So billups is playing the 2 spot?
    Yup.

CP3
    Billups
    Butler
    Griffin
    DJ

Bench: Foye, Williams, Bledsoe, Thompkins and Leslie (rookies, good upside), Brian Cook.

Team is looking to move one of our guards (probably Mo) for a back up center right now.

Oh now he's happy

I don't know about him and CP3 causing a lot of problems but CP3 and Blake will.

Free As Seagull.

Who is Billups kidding? He doesn't cause a matchup problem in any way. He isn't tall enough to guard a lot of 2 guards in the NBA, and it's not like he's that fast where he is going to blow by bigger 2s. Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but they are going to have the matchup problems on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by beardown4243 View Post
    Who is Billups kidding? He doesn't cause a matchup problem in any way. He isn't tall enough to guard a lot of 2 guards in the NBA, and it's not like he's that fast where he is going to blow by bigger 2s. Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but they are going to have the matchup problems on defense.
    Are you ignorant or jealous? I can't tell which. Billups doesn't cause any match up problems? He's been a match up problem on offense his entire career. The guy put up 17, 3 and 5.5 last year. Now he's in a system with MANY more unselfish players and players who demand more defensive attention. Meaning tons of wide open shots. Playing with a CP3/Griffin duo is going to be much easier for wing players than playing with Melo/Amare. Why? Because both are elite playmakers/passers for their position. Griffin loves passing and CP3 is arguably the best passer in the game.

Unlike the Knicks... who have two guys you have to worry about.. the Clippers have 4 guys that can burn you for 20+ any night. Wait and see for yourself. Sure on D he may struggle but the elite guards like Kobe.... but he's a physical, underrated defender and will do fine against most of them.

So before he only wanted to go to the Heat but suddenly he's a-ok?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast