Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are the lakers creating cap room for 2012?

Can someone explain what the lakeshow are doing. They recently traded Odom for two ps3 controllers let Brown go. They then went out and signed Mcroberts and G Green to replace them.

Are they rebuilding or are they creating cap room for 2012

Your thoughts on Lakers surprising off-season moves.

Its the Lakers...they MUST have plan up their sleeves. Whether or not that plan comes to fruition remains to be seen.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Brown was garbage, not that big of a loss. Decent bench guy at best.
    Odom just had a great year, still inconsistent and will not replicate that in Dallas, mark my words.

I predict they end up trading Bynum and Gasol for d12 and turkeyglue.
    Then amnesty turkuglu next season.
    Then sign a free agent named Chris Paul.
    Last edited by 310Casper; 12-13-2011 at 05:00 PM.

They might be. They would definitely need to get rid of Gasol though for a larger expiring contract(s), but I'm not sure if a team will be willing to do that since they don't reallly have another prospect to send away. If they do, then next offseason, they can basically decline Bynum's Option and Amnesty Metta or Walton and be in the range to add another max player.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Green will not make the roster and they essential replaced browns money with McRoberts, a big whose as gd if not better than brown. However the Lakers are still looking to acquire Dwight or cp3. The Lamar trade gave them the best assets to offer Orlando. Now we wait and see. There hasn't been much rumors from the Dwight front these last few days which is a gd indication something is about to happen

Lakers aren't a "cap room" type of team. It's impossible for them to get under the cap and still maneuver--they exist over the cap.

That's why the Sasha and Odom trade exceptions are so valuable for them... $8.9M and $6.4M that they can get back in trade.

And seriously, get used to the idea that Artest or World b Peace or whatever is gonna have a monster year.

Artest is so much better than Odom it's ridiculous. Look what Artest did in the 2010 Finals. It's difficult to imagine Odom doing anything like that. Artest is a GREAT piece of the Lakers puzzle.

Kobe / Goudelock / Green
    Blake / Morris / Fisher / Millsap
    Pau / Caracter / McRoberts
    Bynum / Daniels / [backup center] / Majok
    Artest / Barnes / Ebanks / Kapono

Walton is the clear amnesty here... $5.5M for 2 years = $11M + $11M in luxury tax, so amnestying him clears a bit of space but also saves $11M in luxury tax... other option is amnestying Fisher. They could've considered amnestying Odom if Mike Brown just really didn't like him

Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post

Odom just had a great year, still inconsistent and will not replicate that in Dallas, mark my words.

Sounds like a plan, it would be hard to trade both Bynum and Gasol for Dwight but if thats what it takes to get Dwight then the Lakers have to do that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post

If traded, I am pretty sure he will be ineligible for amnesty, it has to be someone under contract with their current team at the time the lockout ended.

we wont be a free agent play till 2014, where we'll have pic of the litter

but Mitch has proven himself in the past & i trust wutever he's doing

When kobe is earning almost half of the salary next year we cant be players for FA...
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

I'm done trying to figure out what they're doing. Every time I get to thinking about it, I end up even more lost.

Free As Seagull.

It really has been a confusing off season. They clearly had a shot for at least one more championship run.. but now I don't even know anymore.

GO JAYS GO!!

Follow me @3mikee_

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    I'm done trying to figure out what they're doing. Every time I get to thinking about it, I end up even more lost.
    I'm gonna go hang out with avenged on this one.

WTF...

everything is so close to the vest b/c they don't want Stern **** blocking them anymore.

PSD Sim League | Phoenix Suns GM

i think they will figure it out, but if they don't its going to set them back for quite a while.

Never count the Lakers out....even Mitch said he has some big deals coming....and I think all the Dwight staying in Orlando is a dilemma. And he's not going to New Jersey because if he would, then he would have gotten traded by now since the offer never changed. I think he's coming here. Mathematically it wouldn't make sense traded Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard (

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast