Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Let's say, we win the next 3 games hypothetically...... do we still win the division?
    yes because the giants and cowboys are tied record wise...obviously giants technically are head of the division by the win over the Cowboys if both teams win the next two games who ever won the last game of the season will have the top record in the nfc east...heck if I am reading everything right...Cowboys need to only win 2 of these next 3 to make the playoffs but one of them has to be against the Giants if the giants win one or both of their next two games

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserZr View Post
    yes because the giants and cowboys are tied record wise...obviously giants technically are head of the division by the win over the Cowboys if both teams win the next two games who ever won the last game of the season will have the top record in the nfc east...heck if I am reading everything right...Cowboys need to only win 2 of these next 3 to make the playoffs but one of them has to be against the Giants if the giants win one or both of their next two games
    No because if we lose to PHI and then beat the Giants we will both be 3-3 in the division and then the next tiebreaker is common opponents and the Giants beat us there.

Here is my post from another thread...

We cant lose against PHI even if we beat TB. Because its a divisional game and that would be the tiebreaker if we tie the NYG. If the Giants lose Sunday to WSH and we beat TB then we can lose to PHI because our divisional record would be 3-3 (assuming we beat NYG) and the Giants would then be 2-4.
    Assuming the Giants win Sunday since theyre home and WSH seems dead (you never know though), we need to beat PHI. But like I said, if we beat TB Saturday and the Giants lose Sunday, then we can lose to PHI and still win the division by beating the Giants week 17.

IMO we are done we always fold up like a tent... we had our chances

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures

The six postseason participants from each conference are seeded as follows:

The division champion with the best record.
    The division champion with the second-best record.
    The division champion with the third-best record.
    The division champion with the fourth-best record.
    The Wild Card club with the best record.
    The Wild Card club with the second-best record.
    The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Strength of victory.
    Strength of schedule.
    Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Best net points in common games.
    Best net points in all games.
    Best net touchdowns in all games.
    Coin toss

Look guys it is simple as this. Saturdays game means absolutely nothing to Dallas. All we have to do is beat Philly and NY and we are in so this whole 3-0 talk is nonsense. If the Giants win their next 2 games they go into week 17 with a 9-6 overall record and 3-2 in the division. We can lose to Tampa, but if we beat Philly at home we go into NY with an overall record of 8-7 and 3-2 in the division. Meaning if we beat NY we both end the season 9-7 but we are 4-2 in the division and they are 3-3. Dallas wins the division.

So although we always want to win Saturday nights game is not a must win game for us. Beat Philly and NY and we are in period. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs if we can't do that anyways.

Now I'm not selling the Tampa game short I'm just saying if we lose don't panic it's still not over. I do think our easiest way into the playoffs is to win vs Tampa and Philly and hope the SKins and Jets can beat the Giants so that week 17 game is irrelevant. That's our best shot at the playoffs cuz our guys wont win that game in NY with everything on the line. I want them to so badly there's just nothing this team has shown any of us over the last 15 years that would lead me to believe they can win. Sucks but it's true.

^ thats the thing....what have you seen from this team that suggest we would beat the Eagles or the Giants...please tell me cause I watch every minute of every game...every year...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Wash 17, NYG 3 @ half time

come on skinS!!!!

We control our own Destiny...
    That scare me. lol

my goodness...The Redskins are going to beat the giants....it's not over yet, but a 20 point lead with under 5 minutes to play

We can wrap up the division next week with a Jets win against the Giants and us beating the Eagles

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

^^lol, thank you for stating the obvious... thank you washington Redskins... back in 1st baby!

Thanks Redskins... now all we need is the jets to win.

Quote Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS315 View Post
    Thanks Redskins... now all we need is the jets to win.
    ?? we need the jets to win and the Cowboys to win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast