Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Let's say, we win the next 3 games hypothetically...... do we still win the division?

if the Cowboys can somehow win the next 3 games and get to the playoffs on a 3 game win streak, that would be huge, I just don't see it happening.

Im hoping NY will at least lose a game before playing the cowboys...

Quote Originally Posted by spurs4#5 View Post
    at the minimum we can go 2-1 in these last 3 games...but one of those victories has to come against the giants..unless somehow the giants lose the next 2 games....
    Not true. If the Giants lose to both the Cowboys and Eagles, we could go 1-2 and we still have the tiebreaker.

But in all likelihood, who really thinks the Eagles are going to beat both of us.

Also, if there was a situation in which the Giants lost the next two games and we win the next two, we could rest our players against the Giants in week 17 because we will have clinched the division.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayin'zona View Post
    Not true. If the Giants lose to both the Cowboys and Eagles, we could go 1-2 and we still have the tiebreaker.

But in all likelihood, who really thinks the Eagles are going to beat both of us.

Also, if there was a situation in which the Giants lost the next two games and we win the next two, we could rest our players against the Giants in week 17 because we will have clinched the division.
    giants play skins, jets, cowboys

cowboys play buccs, eagles, giants

the only way we win is if we win out, or if the giants go 1-2 and we go 2-1...these are the only way we win the division

also if for some reason the giants go 0-3 and we go 1-2 we would still win

or we could both go 2-1 but we would have to win at giant stadium

ya'll are dreaming... were done.

hopefully the Cowboys prove me wrong... but since week #1 we have blown leads and I'm hurt, it hurts bad... I love the Cowboys with everything, just tired of them hurting me.

I don't think we can make the playoffs...I just don't see how we can beat the Eagles or Giants...we may get past Tampa Bay saturday but its gonna be a close game and come down to the 4th Qtr...this is an 8-8 team...Jerry said it in the ESPN interview that this team is just starting out...so an 8-8 season this year is not so bad...we're getting younger and only need to make a few moves to sure up the secondary and pass rush
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    I don't think we can make the playoffs...I just don't see how we can beat the Eagles or Giants...we may get past Tampa Bay saturday but its gonna be a close game and come down to the 4th Qtr...this is an 8-8 team...Jerry said it in the ESPN interview that this team is just starting out...so an 8-8 season this year is not so bad...we're getting younger and only need to make a few moves to sure up the secondary and pass rush
    and comments like that is why we are a mediocre team(JJ's comments, not yours)...he is already trying to save face with his poster boy for "intelligence" by taking the hammer out of the equation...when seeing that piece on ESPN, is actually depressed me quite a bit...knowing that we will have this douche as a HC into next season is just a horrible feeling

btw, to answer the question of the thread, yes, I think we make the playoffs, but our best chance could actually be as a WC team at 9-7...I think we win this week, we beat the eagles, and then lose in NY...we finish 9-7 and squeak in...of course, we would need help from other teams to accomplish that....

Yea I doubt we get in as a wildcard just because ATL will beat JAX and then lose to NO and then beat TB at home week 17. They'll be 10-6 because theres no way they are losing at home to JAX and TB with the playoffs on the line. You never know though but most likely they will be 10-6. Thats one wild card spot.

The other wild card spot will be between us (assuming we finish 9-7 and the NYG win the division) and DET CHI SEA ARZ.
    DET and ARZ will need to finish 8-8 because if they finish the same as us they get in because of the head to head loss.

UPDATE- I just went on ESPN playoff machine and there really is no way for us to get in at 9-7 as a wild card. We dont own the tiebreaker vs DET ARZ SEA CHI.
    The only way we make it in as a wild card at 9-7 is if DET loses out @OAK, vsSD and @GB (possible I guess since @OAK is tough and SD is now surging) and CHI loses 2 out of the next 3 vs SEA @GB @MIN (eh) and SEA loses 1 more @CHI vsSF @ARZ and ARZ loses one more vsCLE @CIN and vsSEA. For the bolded part to all occur is extremely unlikely. We need to beat the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    and comments like that is why we are a mediocre team(JJ's comments, not yours)...he is already trying to save face with his poster boy for "intelligence" by taking the hammer out of the equation...when seeing that piece on ESPN, is actually depressed me quite a bit...knowing that we will have this douche as a HC into next season is just a horrible feeling

btw, to answer the question of the thread, yes, I think we make the playoffs, but our best chance could actually be as a WC team at 9-7...I think we win this week, we beat the eagles, and then lose in NY...we finish 9-7 and squeak in...of course, we would need help from other teams to accomplish that....
    yea but in year's past Jerry would've made some open ended comment that would've had the media all over Valley Ranch asking the same question every single day...by saying what he said...you're right he is saving face but I see it as positive because at least the team don't have to address that..1 less distraction, ya kno...however, Jerry can sure blow a good smoke screen...but for right now for the rest of the season this team wont have to answer questions about who's gonna be the coach next year
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

it was exposed sunday night on NBC... we don't have a defense... Manning was never pressured, he had all day to throw, then when we threw our guys couldn't cover their guys. Giants don't have a defense either...so if some how, some way by God's grace and love if we end up winning the next 2, maybe we could come out on top at the end of the season... you never know... I doubt it, but it is possible.... I think this last game sucked all the fight out of the Cowboys.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast