Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thompson and Tyler yet to be signed; Biedrins made two free throws

Marcus Thompson II
    Rookies Klay Thompson and Jeremy Tyler are still unsigned as Warriors management, actively pursuing more players, holds on to as much salary cap space as possible.

Therefore, the two can't participate in training camp, and just two weeks remain before the start of the season.

"It's unfortunate," said forward Ekpe Udoh, who missed his rookie training camp last season because of injury. "I know they want to be out here, just seeing them on the side and seeing the look in their eyes."

It is still uncertain when they'll sign. The Warriors have yet to sign Los Angeles Clippers restricted free agent center DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet, as they were preparing to do Friday, according to sources. Also, the Warriors are still trying to acquire New Orleans point guard Chris Paul -- or see how they can get involved in his seemingly inevitable trade.

Until the Warriors make a move, Thompson (the No. 11 overall pick) and Tyler (a second-round pick whose rights were acquired from Charlotte) will have to work out on the side and pay attention.

"Continue to keep their game in tuned," forward Dorell Wright said. "Get conditioning in. Get extra shots. Paying attention. Being focused. Having a good attitude as far as what's going on right now. Just stay positive. If they do all those things, they'll be fine."

Though he can't participate, Tyler left his mark on camp Saturday during a pickup game before practice. Right under forward David Lee's right eye.

"He hasn't been able to practice with us," Lee said, "but he was sure before we started to announce his presence by throwing an elbow."

Before a conditioning drill could end, someone had to hit two free throws. Of course, center Andris Biedrins wound up at the line.

He nailed them both.

Sign of a new, more confident Biedrins? Perhaps. But coach Mark Jackson said he isn't too concerned with Biedrins' free throws.

"My stance on his free-throw shooting is," Jackson said, "I want him to make them, but at the end of the day, it's overrated. He's going to be at the foul line two or three times a game. Make or miss, how much does it matter if he's rebounding, if he's blocking shots, if he's finishing at the rim? (Free throws) can be overblown. I want him to be the Andris Biedrins he was when he was dominating the paint area. "

Biedrins is a 51.1 percent free-throw shooter in his NBA career, including 14 for 56 (25 percent) the past two seasons.

Jackson said he put in a couple of offensive sets Saturday. Still, he estimated about 90 percent of camp has been focused on defense.

If they don't land a big man on the free agent market, or if Biedrins doesn't return to form, the Warriors have another option for center.

"Put me in there," Udoh said. "I'm ready to battle and do whatever I can to help my team be successful."

Udoh, a 6-foot-10, 245-pound power forward, filled in for an injured Biedrins late last season. Udoh started 18 games at center, averaging 5.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.3 blocks in 25.5 minutes. Udoh is arguably the team's best defensive big man.

The Warriors announced the signing of three rookie training camp invitees: forward Chris Wright out of Dayton, forward Gary Flowers out of Southern Miss and former Siena swingman Edwin Ubiles, who was called up from the Dakota Wizards, the Warriors' NBA Development League affiliate.

Biedrins is having a great camp so far. Good to know that Jackson is enforcing defense, but with two weeks, shouldn't he be putting in some offensive sets.

dude...Biedrins

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    dude...Biedrins
    This lol. Did you go to the eclipse?

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    This lol. Did you go to the eclipse?
    yes sir.

DISAPPOINTING. Moon was small as hell but it turned orange for a bit..most people decided to watch the sunrise lol.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

yes sir.

DISAPPOINTING. Moon was small as hell but it turned orange for a bit..most people decided to watch the sunrise lol.
    That supposedly the last one until 2014.

thats why i went...had to see it before 2012 mayne...

new avatar

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

thats why i went...had to see it before 2012 mayne...

new avatar
    "Put an end to your world like the Mayans" lol. Love the avatar dude, its a keeper. And im confused about the Jordan situation. The NBA forum says that Jordan will sign the offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    "Put an end to your world like the Mayans" lol. Love the avatar dude, its a keeper. And im confused about the Jordan situation. The NBA forum says that Jordan will sign the offer?
    peep the lines in my sig..i came up with them myself.

and he will, but clippers will definitely match..unless the owner is way too stingy and decides not to. i wonder if he will open up his checkbook when blakes contract is up.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

peep the lines in my sig..i came up with them myself.

and he will, but clippers will definitely match..unless the owner is way too stingy and decides not to. i wonder if he will open up his checkbook when blakes contract is up.
    That bron' line is pretty sick.

my man you rap? or write?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

my man you rap? or write?
    Me and my boy had a thing doin, but we got into it and I quite. Since then I've been writin.

spit a punch..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

spit a punch..
    Off the top.

Im in it for the win, do whatever it takes. I go hard like Monta all gas no brake, my lines are juicy, call em Salisbury steak.

Yeah and you know we clutch, break ya ankle have you usin a crutch.

Boy you best step aside, messin with me is suicide.

But thats just off the top

monta and curry hittin in clutch, like they changed gears

steph curry bustin treys like he worked at the cafeteria

monta on a fast break, duncan like tim.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast