Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

dan gilbert > you ..reason for nba nixed trade? "dwight & paul WOULD end up w lakers"

with the chris paul trade that just got nixed.. and now reading dan gilberts alleged letter.. i can understand what the owners were seeing .. and why dan gilbert for all the heat he takes is a smart man.. ..SOMETIMES lol

IF the league is forced to continue with the deal.. the lakers save 11 million after the trade? am i correct?

incoming : paul = $16,359,805
    outgoing : gasol & odom total =$27,614,150

now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space

the lakers can offer the EXACT trade that the nets are offering for dwight..except dwight can force his way to l.a now

brook lopez & picks for dwight howard and the contract of hedo turkologu

instead now its bynum & picks for dwight howard and hedo turkologu

if im seeing things differently than fine.. but if this whole scenerio plays out this way which can truely happen if the court case reverses this nixed trade and than dwight forces his way ..

i might be done with cheering for other star players forever..

ill just stick with rose and not this girly wave of players wanting to cheat their way to winning a title.. lebron didnt need wade or bosh ..and ironically he lost to a guy who didnt need another allstar to prove it..

ima bulls fan by the way lol
    sorry if im being a troll about lebron but i just find that too ironic..

p.s dont tell me that because dwight is saying he likes nj now he isnt using that as a p.r move for him looking like he wasnt torn with the lakers and now woke up this morning with that decision and spoke to his mom and now feels more better about it out of nowhere.. dwight paul and bryant are probably speaking about this now..

i cant be the only one who sees this possibilty..
    Last edited by Yunqn; 12-09-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Where in the world would Lakers have 17 million cap space? Kobe takes literally 2/3 of Lakers cap.

Not sure if you would have said the same thing if Stern blocked a potential Dwight trade to Chi-town...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Not sure if you would have said the same thing if Stern blocked a potential Dwight trade to Chi-town...
    Trading Dwight to Chicago isn't as lethal as LA getting CP3 and Howard. Chicago would probably have to give up more anyway because that's the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Lakerland View Post
    Where in the world would Lakers have 17 million cap space? Kobe takes literally 2/3 of Lakers cap.
    He said save, not cap space. LOL

And small market teams shouldn't complain about trades. If they have nothing to trade then why are they so upset?

Make more smaller/better trades and work yourselves up. No sense in trying to mortgage your whole team for a superstar that will never get any support.

The only reason why they didn't want this trade to go down is if the lakers got cp3 then it's a lock that they get Dwight and the league dosent want another super team like the heat. Even tho if the trade did happen an then the lakers got Dwight lakers vs heat would be great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidgta1 View Post
    The only reason why they didn't want this trade to go down is if the lakers got cp3 then it's a lock that they get Dwight and the league dosent want another super team like the heat. Even tho if the trade did happen an then the lakers got Dwight lakers vs heat would be great to watch.
    Right.. this is collusion...
    2010 - ATLANTIC CITY CRAPS - NBA Re-Draft Champions!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Trading Dwight to Chicago isn't as lethal as LA getting CP3 and Howard. Chicago would probably have to give up more anyway because that's the way things are.
    +1

the bulls would have to disintegrate their roster just for dwight..

Quote Originally Posted by Yunqn View Post
    with the chris paul trade that just got nixed.. and now reading dan gilberts alleged letter.. i can understand what the owners were seeing .. and why dan gilbert for all the heat he takes is a smart man..

IF the league is forced to continue with the deal.. the lakers save 11 million after the trade? am i correct?

incoming : paul = $16,359,805
    outgoing : gasol & odom total =$27,614,150

now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space

the lakers can offer the EXACT trade that the nets are offering for dwight..except dwight can force his way to l.a now

brook lopez & picks for dwight howard and the contract of hedo turkologu

instead now its bynum & picks for dwight howard and hedo turkologu

if im seeing things differently than fine.. but if this whole scenerio plays out this way which can truely happen if the court case reverses this nixed trade and than dwight forces his way ..

i might be done with cheering for other star players forever..

ill just stick with rose and not this girly wave of players wanting to cheat their way to winning a title.. lebron didnt need wade or bosh ..and ironically he lost to a guy who didnt need another allstar to prove it..

ima bulls fan by the way lol
    sorry if im being a troll about lebron but i just find that too ironic..

p.s dont tell me that because dwight is saying he likes nj now he isnt using that as a cover up for him looking like he wasnt torn with the lakers and woke up this morning with that decision and spoke to his mom and fells more better about it out of nowhere.. dwight paul and bryant are probably speaking about this now..

i cant be the only one who sees this possibilty..
    You have some giant holes in your logic here.....

1) the 17 million in reduced salary you speak of is NOT money the Lakers can spend on other players, because we are NOT below the cap.

2) Dan Gilbert complained about the salary difference because the $40 million (over 3 years) that the Lakers WILL pay in luxury tax, gets distributed among the league (into Dan Gilbert's pocket). With this trade, that money doesn't go into his pocket...

3) To fix this, the Lakers could take back Emeka Okafor, then the money is set for all and everyone is happy, right? WRONG... then Gilbert would be mad that we gave up Gasol and Odom and got Paula AND Okafor - it would have been better if we had just taken less salary! - no way to win with this guy... its always going to be "a travesty"

Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    So priceless. A Bulls fan that is applauding the NBA vetoing the trade in another thread to the Lakers doesn't think trading Howard to the Bulls would be worse than LA getting Paul with a hypothetical trade for Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by LAOwnsAll15 View Post
    He said save, not cap space. LOL

And small market teams shouldn't complain about trades. If they have nothing to trade then why are they so upset?

Make more smaller/better trades and work yourselves up. No sense in trying to mortgage your whole team for a superstar that will never get any support.
    "now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space "

Sounds to me he's talking about being under....

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfrk View Post
    You have some giant holes in your logic here.....

1) the 17 million in reduced salary you speak of is NOT money the Lakers can spend on other players, because we are NOT below the cap.

2) Dan Gilbert complained about the salary difference because the $40 million (over 3 years) that the Lakers WILL pay in luxury tax, gets distributed among the league (into Dan Gilbert's pocket). With this trade, that money doesn't go into his pocket...

3) To fix this, the Lakers could take back Emeka Okafor, then the money is set for all and everyone is happy, right? WRONG... then Gilbert would be mad that we gave up Gasol and Odom and got Paula AND Okafor - it would have been better if we had just taken less salary! - no way to win with this guy... its always going to be "a travesty"
    its not free cap space im talking about.. the lakers will forver be over the cap.. its the way that they can trade within the same salary % i think 20 % or so.. he explains it in his letter.. well thats what i took from it..

if im wrong then im wrong ..i just see how the lakers actually can with the amnesty and prehaps retirement of maybe fisher & or walton.. it just makes too much sense.. and buss & mitch are smart enough to do it..

Man another thread....
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

+1

the bulls would have to disintegrate their roster just for dwight..
    The Lakers didn't disintegrate thie roster for Chris Paul? They traded two 7 footers (Odom is 6-11) their starting all-star power forward/back-up center and their back-up PF and sixth man of the year for Paul. What team would give up more?

It was even a three team deal to get the Hornets younger players and picks.

its not free cap space im talking about.. the lakers will forver be over the cap.. its the way that they can trade within the same salary % i think 20 % or so.. he explains it in his letter.. well thats what i took from it..

if im wrong then im wrong ..i just see how the lakers actually can with the amnesty and prehaps retirement of maybe fisher & or walton.. it just makes too much sense.. and buss & mitch are smart enough to do it..
    And if it's in the rules? Why shouldn't they be allowed to? The NBA should NOT be allowed to veto something because they think the team would be too good... thats damn ridiculous...

If the Lakers were doing something illegal.. fine.. but THEY built up assets.. THEY got ready for trading season, and they found something that worked for them... its ridiculous to quash that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast