Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sources: Celtics & Mavericks willing to "loan" CP3 for a season

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...on-sources-say

There is also a small handful of teams that has informed the Hornets they are prepared to trade for Paul with no assurance that they can keep him beyond this season. That list, sources say, includes the Rockets, Boston Celtics and defending champion Dallas Mavericks.

Each of those teams would be gambling that Paul would be won over by his new surroundings and either elect to play out the final season of his current contract (valued at $17.8 million in 2012-13) or opt out of his contract on July 1, 2012, and sign a new deal. Paul's 2011-12 salary is listed at $16.4 million.

Boston would appear to have the most to offer in such a scenario if the Celtics are willing to include point guard Rajon Rondo, but sources say that the Hornets are convinced that they can receive more from any of the so-called gambling teams than from the Knicks, who are widely regarded as Paul's No. 1 preferred destination.

Wow, Houston? I guess they could put together the best package for a trade, but they'd have to get another star or two to put around him to convince him to stay. I mean, Scola and Kmart are great players, but they might have to give up one of those two in the deal, and of not, it still might not be enough to convince Paul to sign an extension.

Doubt we will get him, just like Howard is willing to come to Dallas too

Of course I would LOVE to have them, but we have nothing to trade and our draft picks mean nothing

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

wtf, celics are willing to gamble rondo away like that....i think its foolish, but i hope it happens. this way he doesn't end up with the lakers or dwight, so the knicks can just sign him as a fa.

Don't understand Dallas
    Celtics are fooling themselves. It's been clear they have wanted Rondo gone, I doubt he is a welcomed player in a trade as the centerpiece despite his skills.

hornets need to trade him on dec 9th to the bobcats for kemba walker or to the bucks for jennings. paul deserves nothing but to have an awful season.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

I dont believe this source.

Celtics willing to gamble away Rondo for CP3 "loan". THATS ********!....but something even more ******** is the Mavericks willing to trade assets that WON A CHAMPIONSHIP for a CP3 rental.

Source is fake.

Fail! Why would anyone loan Cp3? Lmfao. I'm starting to not look foward to this season.

if you cant win a ring let alone be a bit successful in the playoffs without going to a team with a whole bunch of star players you shouldnt be considered a super star.

Melo - not a superstar
    Amare - def not a superstar
    Wade - superstar
    Bosh - hardly even a star
    Lebron - was a superstar no longer a superstar
    Paul - not a superstar
    Celtics big 3 - none were superstars
    Kobe - superstar
    Durant - superstar
    Dirk - superstar
    Williams - allstar
    Last edited by BallIsAll; 12-05-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

hope Boston will bite on this. im not a big rondo fan but id rather have him then anything New York has.

After all this Rondo talk the Celtics are gonna have to trade him. Kinda reminds me of the Cutler deal with the Broncos.

Celtics trading Rondo for a one year rental makes no sense what's so ever. This "gamble" is completely foolish.
    What can Dallas offer for a rental?
    Houston? No.

Quote Originally Posted by BallIsAll View Post
    if you cant win a ring let alone be a bit successful in the playoffs without going to a team with a whole bunch of star players you shouldnt be considered a super star.

Melo - not a superstar
    Amare - def not a superstar
    Wade - superstar
    Bosh - hardly even a star
    Lebron - was a superstar no longer a superstar
    Paul - not a superstar
    Celtics big 3 - none were superstars
    Kobe - superstar
    Durant - superstar
    Dirk - superstar
    Williams - superstar
    LeBron and Paul are not superstars but Deron Williams is?
    That's just not true

Boston makes the most sense because they only have a 2 year window to win it all with the big 3. why not add Paul for a year and try and win another. they will be rebuilding in a couple of years anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 29$jersey View Post
    LeBron and Paul are not superstars but Deron Williams is?
    That's just not true

Lebron was a superstar but he no longer is..
    Williams was a mistake..
    Paul is def not a superstar he cant even get to the playoffs by himself.

Agreed

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast