Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Vitters

Lightbulb Josh Vitters

Now that Aramis is gone, do you think that Josh Vitters should be our 3B. Given that Theo wants to develop our player and that we will have 2 bating coaches (Jaramillo & Sveum) it doesn't sounds too crazy to me.

who?

He'd have to have a hell of a spring to even have a shot at a roster spot. At this point, I don't see Vitters being a serious candidate for the job.

No, he hasn't even produced at the MiLB level...

Welcome back Theriot... and say hello to my little friend...

Should have been called up in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu View Post
    Should have been called up in 2009.
    Or traded for Adrian Gonzalez.

No he shouldn't. He needs to improve his fielding and his numbers at the plate aren't exactly blowing anyone away either at .283 .322 .448 .770. While he still is only 22 it is time for him to get his **** together before it's too late. He has dropped in the rankings every year since he was drated number 3 in 2007. His 25 errors in 158 attempts is a bit shaky and not exactly what Theo and Co. are looking for. Do i hope he gets it together and turns into a good 3rd baseman, well yes i do. Another note on him is the possibility of moving him to left field because of his lackluster D at the hot corner.

Quote Originally Posted by PanterA View Post
    No he shouldn't. He needs to improve his fielding and his numbers at the plate aren't exactly blowing anyone away either at .283 .322 .448 .770. While he still is only 22 it is time for him to get his **** together before it's too late. He has dropped in the rankings every year since he was drated number 3 in 2007. His 25 errors in 158 attempts is a bit shaky and not exactly what Theo and Co. are looking for. Do i hope he gets it together and turns into a good 3rd baseman, well yes i do. Another note on him is the possibility of moving him to left field because of his lackluster D at the hot corner.
    Hi is however tearing the cover off of the ball in the AFL...I don't think his defense will allow him to stick at 3rd base or if he will ever be selective enough to be a good MLB hitter. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it...we will see.
    #FreeYags #FreeGato #FreeCubsstuckinstl #FreeCubbieSteve.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme" Isn't a Jeffy a cigarette?

Quote Originally Posted by PanterA View Post
    Crawford's Numbers didnt either and look at he became minus last year.

He would need to have a "Tyler Colvin 2010 Spring Training" to make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Hi is however tearing the cover off of the ball in the AFL...I don't think his defense will allow him to stick at 3rd base or if he will ever be selective enough to be a good MLB hitter. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it...we will see.
    This. and its been said over and over defensive stats mean nothing in the minors..not like we're seriously contending next season let him go through the growing pains. Well if he earns it in spring..

Quote Originally Posted by ST.maarten'stop View Post
    This. and its been said over and over defensive stats mean nothing in the minors..not like we're seriously contending next season let him go through the growing pains. Well if he earns it in spring..
    Where has that been said??? defense means a hell of a lot in the minors and everywhere else....let me ask you a question are you JTSunamis' brother or something following me around and responding to everything I post?

Where has that been said??? defense means a hell of a lot in the minors and everywhere else....let me ask you a question are you JTSunamis' brother or something following me around and responding to everything I post?
    I think your other self actually agreed with you, because your other self started his post with "This."

But now you're responding harshly to your other self, presumably mistaking the agreement for disagreement.

I hope this play-by-play is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    I think your other self actually agreed with you, because your other self started his post with "This."

But now you're responding harshly to your other self, presumably mistaking the agreement for disagreement.

I hope this play-by-play is correct.

lol, when he said "This." he was signalling his agreement with your post. But you went off on him anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast