Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Jerry West's Dream Game

So I just got finished reading Jerry West's autobiography, and the fun part is toward the end he creates a dream game, where all the players he admires play with and against each other in their prime. He makes a point to note that players will only be acreditted with an assist if their pass leads to a basket, and also makes sure to point out that hand-checking will be allowed (sorry MJ, looks like you won't be getting the MVP in this game). He has the game being played at Madison Square Garden, and Spike Lee and Jack are both courtside with Chick Hearn calling the game. Oh, and NO TRAVELLING!!!! And yes, two-and-a-half steps IS IN FACT TRAVELLING (sorry again MJ). And no crab-dribbles (sorry LBJ). Whilst dribbling, the hand must be ABOVE the ball, not beside it or under it. The rosters are as follows:

East:
    Kobe
    Dr. J
    Dwayne Wade
    Larry Bird
    Oscar Robertson
    Bill Russell
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Tim Duncan
    Dennis Rodman
    Steve Nash
    Charles Barkley
    Coached by Red and Phil

West
    Jordan
    Elgin Baylor
    LBJ
    Rick Barry
    Magic
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Karl Malone
    The Dream
    Stockton
    Jerry West
    Coached by Pat and Pop

He gives honourable mentions to the following, who he thinks to be under valued, and/or underappreciated, and/or underrated:
    Walt Frazier
    Dick Bannett
    George Gervin
    Clyde Drexler
    Scottie Pippen
    James Worthy
    Moses Malone
    Robert Horry
    Kevin Garnett
    Paul Pierce
    Nique
    Bill Walton
    John Havlecek
    David Thompson
    Gary Payton
    Grant Hill
    Kevin McHale
    Nate Thurmond

Notably missing: Thomas and Dumars? I thought Dumars would be on his list for sure, Thomas, I'm not surprised for some reason to see his name not included. But Gail Goodrich is also missing, as is Dave Cowens.

And one point of note: West has Russell on the opposing team. I would have thought after six losses in the NBA Finals to Bill Russell, West would have made sure to save a roster spot for him on his own squad! Rivalries never die (enter Russell cackling). Cousy also failed to make the cut?

Thoughts? What match-ups would be good to watch? Who would shine? And who would be playing in your dream game? Who else is missing? And who wins this game?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

West dominates. Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Kareem, and Olajuwon?? Geez. Talk about being fair.

Did you add in the parts with the brackets yourself? I don't understand the "handchecking" comment. MJ played when there was handchecking and he dominated.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    Did you add in the parts with the brackets yourself? I don't understand the "handchecking" comment. MJ played when there was handchecking and he dominated.
    Dumars manged to contain Jordan pretty well three out of four years ;-)
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.