Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    That was incredibly quick. That's a crazy contract, thanks for all your efforts paps! You will be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

Time to burn my jersey. He's gone but honestly I'm tired of him blowing games where it's a must save situation. O's before and the Angels before.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Time to burn my jersey. He's gone but honestly I'm tired of him blowing games where it's a must save situation. O's before and the Angels before.
    That Angels playoff game was one of the games that made me the most angry in my life. I put a hole in my wall throwing the remote. Looking back I'm more angry because Lackey owned us in game 1.
    Bring back MacDime

Quoted for truth, but his incredible 2007 season can be remembered along with the up's and down's. He's been reliable, but there are headaches as well. Take the compensation and move in on Jon Broxton. Madson is not the right idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    WOW. Will miss you Paps Time to get Ryan Madson or Heath Bell!!!
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/1...medium=twitter
    Us Yankee fans are gonna miss him too! We love how he stares in with that dumb fish mouth look and then gets smoked.
    Hate to see you go Paps!!

Look forward to killing you in the World Series! Hey, maybe the move is not so bad!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports that the Red Sox are not sold on Daniel Bard as their closer and are targeting both Ryan Madson and Heath Bell.
    Bard arguably has better stuff than both Madson and Bell, but his struggles down the stretch might have convinced the Red Sox not to entrust him with the ninth inning just yet. Bell wants to stay in San Diego and has said he'd take a hometown discount, but the Red Sox might be able to blow him away with an offer.
    Worst

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    If this is true. Ben your a total JERK! You layed back and did nothing but interview managers. Paps was the best yes he had his ups and down but was the best damn closer. I hope the owners fire Ben for his ***** up. Unless Ben can pull some magic and grab Madson. Right now if this is true and we did loose Paps I do not like Ben.
    I hate ignorant rants like this. Papelbon signing elsewhere does not mean that the Sox did not get in touch, have a dialog, and make offers. Until you produce some contrary evidence it's just a baseless assertion wrapped up in a childish whine.

Now, if you care to make a reasonable discussion out of it, check out what Cherrington has been saying about the "back and forth" that is required in the FA market. There's not one independent observer who didn't fully understand that that was a thinly veiled reference to Papelbon. Translation: we're talking but hearing very little back and both sides might choose to go in another direction if it keeps up.

Face it: Papelbon has wanted out for the highest dollar since November 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    That's all. Are my assumptions off? Maybe crummy teams don't have to surrender their best picks for signing A level guys? Why would we get the 31st pick for the Phillies signing Paps, and get a lesser one if the Mets did? Serious question, not sarcasm --- I have no idea.
    Yes, your understanding is off. Assuming that the FA rules from the last CBA carry forward, teams in the bottom half of the (combined) standings do not forfeit their first round pick. They give up their second round pick instead. In either case MLB gives a sandwich round pick between the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Jayson Stark
    Now hearing Papelbon's deal with Phillies will include a vesting option. If exercised, would make total package worth more than $60 million.
    That's the only thing that makes sense. He's rambled on at length about how he needs to set the bar for future closers (so noble of him to take the highest salary for all the little guys). Anything shy of Mo's deal would be an "insult" to such a great guy.

Now all he needs to do is do it for another decade.

And win four more WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Good riddance? Its unlikely anyone we sign outproduces what he did over the past six seasons, so why say it like that? He was a great player for us for the past six seasons (and part of a seventh)...Nothing but best wishes from me. He got paid, and is staying with a contender in the process.

Him and his agent did a great job. I wouldn't pay him 50 million, but he's one of the best closers in the league and he certainly deserves to get paid like one. I would have called him dumb if he took a discount to come back here.
    I don't have a problem with "good riddance" here because it's a reference to the dollars and future. It doesn't diminish his past except that it says, "your past is not quite what you think it is." Personally I think that's true.

Idc what anyone says WE ARE SO ****ING STUPID!!!! Bard to close? really? HAHAHA time to burn my jersey.....yet burn all my jerseys WTF ARE WE DOING!!!!! He blew what 3 saves all season. Stupiest move ive seen in years!!!!!!! Philly congrats on ur already dominating pitching staff. I hope ryan howard breaks his legs

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Us Yankee fans are gonna miss him too! We love how he stares in with that dumb fish mouth look and then gets smoked.
    Hate to see you go Paps!!

Look forward to killing you in the World Series! Hey, maybe the move is not so bad!
    Yea his 3.86 ERA vs the Yankee's is so horrible, you guys crushed him all the time. Beat it, nerd.

If Ortiz walks too i will burn down Fenway

Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    Get ready too then. We don't need him either. I'd rather give time to Lavarnway.

Worst
    Agreed. I hope we don't "blow away Heath Bell". It would take about a month in the AL East for him to lose the closers job.
    Bring back MacDime

Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    time to change ur name....belllester......bellester the molester!
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

Get ready too then. We don't need him either. I'd rather give time to Lavarnway.
    Really Towelie? i respect ur opinion more than anyones around. But if anyone i say get rid of Youkilis

Yea his 3.86 ERA vs the Yankee's is so horrible, you guys crushed him all the time. Beat it, nerd.
    Just about the only ones who have not deserted Fenway yet are the hotdog vendors! Yet.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast