Shaq had recently left the Lakers
    The Clippers had a better record than the Lakers
    Melo was playing in Denver
    The Knicks couldn't even win 25 games
    The Trail Blazers were even worse than the Knicks
    Katrina took out the Hornets
    the Sonics were still an NBA team

If we were still in 2005-2006
    What is the most surprising event to occur since 2005-2006?

ya you are correct

economic recession of 2008, i guess not a surprise for a small minority but for the majority it was.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [x ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [x]
    Win Championship [x ]

5 years ago Dwight Howard was not even a "Top 25" player, now he is arguably the best player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    5 years ago Dwight Howard was not even a "Top 25" player, now he is arguably the best player in the league.
    obviously people saw that he had the potential to become one of the best players considering the
    five years ago, dwight WAS a top 25 player.
    and he isnt the best player in the league . top 5? yea. best player? no
    Last edited by itsripcity32; 11-07-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsripcity32 View Post
    obviously people saw that he had the potential to become one of the best players considering the
    At 15ppg-12rpg-1.5bpg on 53FG%-59FT% who only knew how to dunk a ball, no he was not a top 25 player. At 6'11" 240, the only thing that stood out about him back then, was his leaping ability. I'm sure you were riding high on the Dwight-bandwagon back in '06, when Kobe was dropping 81pts, AI was still filling up the stat sheet, Lebron just broke out and Shaq was still relevant. I'm sure you were sitting there watching the Magic suck their way back into the lottery and saying "that Dwight guy who jumps high and rebounds pretty well is gonna be a top player in this league"

The only player in the league on Dwight's level right now is Lebron, and arguably Wade, you're an idiot to think you could name 4 players better than him atm.

That made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by itsripcity32 View Post
    oh ok

At 15ppg-12rpg-1.5bpg on 53FG%-59FT% who only knew how to dunk a ball, no he was not a top 25 player. At 6'11" 240, the only thing that stood out about him back then, was his leaping ability. I'm sure you were riding high on the Dwight-bandwagon back in '06, when Kobe was dropping 81pts, AI was still filling up the stat sheet, Lebron just broke out and Shaq was still relevant. I'm sure you were sitting there watching the Magic suck their way back into the lottery and saying "that Dwight guy who jumps high and rebounds pretty well is gonna be a top player in this league"

The only player in the league on Dwight's level right now is Lebron, and arguably Wade, you're an idiot to think you could name 4 players better than him atm.
    Durant, Wade, Lebron, and um ok if i tried to name a 4th it would take too long haa

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    5 years ago
    Lebron was a Cav
    Melo was playing in Denver
    The Knicks couldn't even win 25 games
    1.5 years ago?

This is just shameless plugging. I'm going to assume you were drunk.

It was pretty obvious that Dwight had HUGE potential 5 years ago. In fact, thats probably why he went #1 out of high school 7 years ago.

I would say that the Heat form a super team add the best player in the NBA and a top 15 player go back to the finals once again play the Mavericks but lose to the savvy vets.

Quote Originally Posted by MTar786 View Post
    That made me lol
    if you think its not even arguable for dwight to be considered the best player in the game, than i don't know what to say about your basketball knowledge, you should probably stop watching the nba all together.

5 years ago the suns had an incredible team.

The Seattle-OKC relocation.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast