Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some NBA players (Kobe and Fisher) are in favor of a 50-50 split

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/10/2...5050.bri.split

"Jason Whitlock from FoxSports and Stephen A. Smith from ESPN are not known for breaking NBA news. However, the fact that both of them came out with the same report within hours from one another is rather interesting. According to the report, both Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant are in-favor of a 50/50 revenue split between the Players and the Owners. Smith broke the story on his ESPN radio show, Whitlock in a column on FoxSports.com."

Jason Whitlock (via FoxSports.com);
    According to my source, at least one five-time champion, NBA superstar with the initials K.B. was on board with Fisher’s push for a 50-50 split. Hunter is firm that the players should not accept less than 52-48. According to my source, Hunter and a member of the executive committee convinced Fisher to stand firm at 52-48 after they questioned the Lakers point guard about his relationship with Stern and deputy commissioner Adam Silver.

Stephen A. Smith (via Tommy Beer from HOOPSWORLD.com):
    FWIW, Stephen A Smith reported on ESPN radio that Fisher and Kobe are willing to accept 50%, while other players (KG & Pierce) would not

im guessing its because they have been in the league forever and just want to hurry up and chase their 6th ring

while kg and pierce want the best deal for the players

thoughts?

i think the players will cave soon
    Last edited by RekeHavoc; 10-31-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Lets not spin this that hard... I am sure they are not "in favor" of 50-50.

Big difference between being willing to do something and favoring it...

I am willing to take out the trash...doesn't mean I want to or think I should... just means that I am willing to do it for one reason or another.

duplicate post
    Last edited by daleja424; 10-31-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    Lets not spin this that hard... I am sure they are not "in favor" of 50-50.

Big difference between being willing to do something and favoring it...

I am willing to take out the trash...doesn't mean I want to or think I should... just means that I am willing to do it for one reason or another.
    i can agree with your point

Honestly...it doesnt surpise me though. I think the more intelligent players are starting to realize that:

a) they have no leverage
    b) they are fighting over money that they will never get back...and they would rather get their money than stand on principle.

I am starting to think the players should come to the league with a 51% offer to split the difference. Just take the high road here and force the league to accept the concession or risk being painted as the bad guy.
    Last edited by daleja424; 10-31-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    Honestly...it doesnt surpise me though. I think the more intelligent players are starting to realize that:

a) they have no leverage
    b) they are fighting over money that they will never get back...and they would rather get their money than stand on principle.

I am starting to think the players should come to the league with a 51% offer to split the difference.
    Just take the high road hear and force the league to accept the concession or risk being painted as the bad guy.
    I agree with you 100%

I think the owners eyes will grow if players come in at 51% within the next day or two. They will just say no and hold out for 50%.

If players want 51%, they will have to continue the posturing game for at least another week.

I dont think the owners will move off 50% in the short term though beasted...and it is becoming clear that momentum is building among the players to take 50-50 and get back to basketball.

I feel like it it worth the PR boost to be the side to make the split offer...especially if the players might rally together to take 50% anyways.

Last edited by daleja424; 10-31-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: duplicate post again. PSD is going crazy slow and messing me up.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think the owners eyes will grow if players come in at 51% within the next day or two. They will just say no and hold out for 50%.

If players want 51%, they will have to continue the posturing game for at least another week.
    i think the owners can accomodate them by taking the 51% with some convincing, and the fact that there is live money at stake if they dont deal now

Does this mean kobe will still lend money to players who need it?? or will they have to support 50-50?? just curious...

back on topic: if this is true, then the players will surely be agreeing to 50-50... my feeling is though, with sterns remarks about 'recouping losses for the owners' with these missed games, the owners are going to go to like 48% percent as soon as the players agree to 50... just my gut feeling...
    [IMG]/IMG]

just say yes already
    “You can’t worry about things you have no control over.”

"Above and Beyond"

-- Steve Nash

"I don't even care how much I score.
    I just want to win."
    -- Ron Artest

I think the players are going to cave in soon. I think they realize by doing so is the only way we'll see a NBA season this year. 50/50 is fair for both sides.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

it's easy for kobe to say something like that because he knows either way he'll get max money...The players who get screwed by this are the average players (non stars)

oh yeah. real screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast