Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Better Offseason investment?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rollins

7 10.45%
  • Reyes

32 47.76%
  • Neither will be worth it/Other

28 41.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

who is the better off season investment?

Who do you think will be the better off season investment between Rollins and Reyes... Clearly reyes is the better player and a game changer but Rollins is still pretty good and will likely get less years. So if you had to choose would you rather throw 7 years at reyes or 3-4 years at Rollins?

reyes. dudes 28, and clearly in his prime. sure he had injury issues but they are way over-blown...jose has played 120 or more games in 6 out of 8 seasons since he has been a full time major leaguer...rollins is 32 and still a good player, but not nearly as good as he was, and not on jose's level....in 09 and 10 he outrighted sucked and this year hes was ok
    Who knew kool aid made condoms?

Reyes, but 7 years is a scary commitment.

Reyes but it really isn't that safe.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by heysuckit View Post
    reyes. dudes 28, and clearly in his prime. sure he had injury issues but they are way over-blown...jose has played 120 or more games in 6 out of 8 seasons since he has been a full time major leaguer...rollins is 32 and still a good player, but not nearly as good as he was, and not on jose's level....in 09 and 10 he outrighted sucked and this year hes was ok
    That's bad.

Id go 5 years with a 6th year option on reyes. If he accepts then obviously id rather have him.

If someone knows the expected years/Money for Fielder/Fat Albert you could also make a thread and poll about them as well. I am not sure of the numbers or I would

Reyes or neither

As for Reyes and the injury issues. I feel as long as you have enough plate appearances/at bats to qualify for the batting title, then that is a healthy enough season.

Which, Reyes has done all but one season (2009) in his 7 full years of a big league career.

6 out of 7 seasons of being rather healthy isn't a bad track record. However, his hamstring is necessary for him to have a productive season. He would obviously have to pass plenty of physicals, and in any deal I would offer him, it would have qualifiers based on plate appearances to reach bonuses or potential income.

Considering J-Roll sucks, I'd go with Reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by heysuckit View Post
    He didn't suck in 2009. Some stats were bad, such as his obp and ba wasn't up to par as his past seasons, but he did hit 21hr, drove in 77 runs, stole 31 bases, and had 43 doubles. His defense was fine in both of those years too. And in 2010, only played half the season.

As for the topic question, it'd be hard to give Reyes 7 years. At 5 years, I'd say the choice is Reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Considering J-Roll sucks, I'd go with Reyes.
    He sucks? He still has value from the defensive side at an important defensive position while being a valuable base runner even with his declining speed. He is not on an offensive level like reyes but he does not suck either. Would I want him back on the phillies...For 3 years hell yea but anything greater and I will pass. So again reyes is the much better player but Rollins might be a safer option

i wouldnt give rollins more than 3 years. id make it 2 years with a 3rd option. he can play he just cant stay on the field. same could be said for reyes, except his price could be 3x as high.

i went with neither because i just dont think the risk is worth the reward

Jroll is getting old and has has his injury trouble. Im surprised to see he played 142 games this year, but i know he was being a man and playing through some pain. 88 games in 2010 as well

Jose Reyes is a china doll. 7 years is crippling

Not really close in this instance, Reyes would definitely be the better investment. I do agree though that 7 years is a scary long term investment, but it will be hard for some teams to pass on his overall versatility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast