Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Stern: Deal Tuesday (10/18) or Christmas Games Cancelled

Stern: Deal Tuesday, or Xmas games out

David Stern told Mike Francesa on New York radio Thursday that if a deal isn't reached on Tuesday, there won't be any games played on Christmas Day.
    The good news is that there is another meeting set for Tuesday and there's still a chance a deal can be reached to end the lockout. Stern is calling Tuesday a very "big day," but we're not getting too excited, as we've already had at least seven of those in the last month or so. Tuesday sounds like the next date we're going to get a new heat check on the likelihood of getting an NBA season, so stay tuned, as usual.

Oct 13 - 4:42 PM

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/1...xmas-games-out

More follow up...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/70...o-deal-tuesday

NEW YORK -- Commissioner David Stern says his "gut" tells him there will be no NBA basketball on Christmas without a labor deal by Tuesday.

Owners and players are to meet with a federal mediator that day. Owners are then scheduled to meet for board meetings Wednesday and Thursday.

Stern tells New York radio station WFAN that without an agreement Tuesday to bring to the owners "we potentially spiral into situations where the worsening offers on both sides make it even harder for the parties to make a deal."

Christmas is traditionally the first big day of the NBA season. This year features the NBA finals rematch between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat.

That is not a guarantee but he said that what his gut is telling him.

It's not like that is completely set in stone and already agreed upon though.

Someone needs to slap his gut and him. October 18th to cancel games on December? Are you serious? You just dropped the 2 weeks of the season, atleast work towards the last 2 in Nov and the first to in December before throwing out that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    Someone needs to slap his gut and him. October 18th to cancel games on December? Are you serious? You just dropped the 2 weeks of the season, atleast work towards the last 2 in Nov and the first to in December before throwing out that statement.
    The players are not accepting a 50/50 split though. As much as it sucks theres gonna be no NBA this season, i cant blame the owners if they decide to sacrifice the season in order to protect their investments. I mean, when it all comes down to it, this is a business. As much as I wanna see NBA ball this season, if the players try to stand pat on their greedy demands, the owners have no reason to have a season while they lose money. Its sad how greedy someone can get when they play a freaking game they love that makes them millions of dollars.

Stern: does it matter that Christmas games will be cancelled? Maybe he knows the fans want to see the Heat lose to the Mavs and he wants to deliver that wish come true.

its getting bad, really bad in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

I'm not following this as much as I should so I don't really understand this but w/ Stern continuing with his threats by cancelling games, doesn't he lose out in the end as well?

Free As Seagull.

i wish there was a way for fans to have a voice in this... At the end of the day, the players will all be millionaires and owners will all be billionaires... Fans in the meantime are the only people who lose something.

No basketball on X-Mas... :cry:

Stern didn't say that, I heard the entire interview.

Franscesa asked him if he thought there would be basketball on Xmas, Stern said they needed to get a deal done tuesday or else it would be hard. He said his gut told him Tuesday is the day to get it done.

This thread and title make it seem as if Stern said he would be cancelling games into January if they don't get a deal done Tuesday. need to edit the title...

Stern is killing the NBA, and if this season is cancelled, It would take years to get the NBA back to the level it was last year...Or maybe it will never get back to the level it was last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Stern is killing the NBA, and if this season is cancelled, It would take years to get the NBA back to the level it was last year...Or maybe it will never get back to the level it was last year!
    I'd urge you to listen to Hunter & Stern on the radio and see who's being reasonable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    The players are not accepting a 50/50 split though. As much as it sucks theres gonna be no NBA this season, i cant blame the owners if they decide to sacrifice the season in order to protect their investments. I mean, when it all comes down to it, this is a business. As much as I wanna see NBA ball this season, if the players try to stand pat on their greedy demands, the owners have no reason to have a season while they lose money. Its sad how greedy someone can get when they play a freaking game they love that makes them millions of dollars.
    Its been explained to you countless times its not a 50 split..

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

Breaking news: Stern is a bully

...oh wait...we already knew that.

Stern continues to play this silly little media spin game...and the people who analyze the NBA continue to call him out on it...

I really hope this goes to court at this point...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast