Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Caron Butler said he would consider joining the Heat

The real point of this story is not Caron Butler, but rather what Caron Butler could represent for the Miami Heat.

In speaking with Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports, Butler — the free agent last with the Dallas Mavericks and coming off major knee surgery — said he would consider coming back to play for Miami.

“It’d be interesting,” Butler said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about the prospect of returning to the Heat.

Asked whether Miami is on his list, Butler eventually said, “Yes.” But he didn’t want to talk too much about the Heat, which is understandable

Butler will have a few teams reach out to him, although it’s hard to envision him landing anywhere but back with Dallas. The NBA champions were better with him on the court last season and if he returns they improve their chances at a repeat. If Mark Cuban wants someone, he usually gets them.

Plus, adding another quality wing player to go behind Dwyane Wade and LeBron James is far from the Heat’s biggest need. That is not where they need to spend their resources (and it will take a few bucks to get Butler).

But for Heat fans there is a larger point — really good free agents are thinking about the Heat. They realize the Heat are a team where they will be in the running for a title, where they can live in a warm weather city and a state with no state tax.

The Heat need to put better role players around their stars (and keep said role players healthy, unlike last season). The likely amnesty clause in the new labor deal — which will have teams releasing overpaid players but some guys who can contribute in a role spot — are the kind of things that matter to the Heat.

Bottom line: at the end of a frenzied free agent period, the Heat will be a better team than last season. That should scare the rest of the league.
    They dont need his position really but the amnesty clause could really help the Heat if all the overpaid "but still talented" players decide that since they have already been paid might as sign for the minimum and have a great shot at a ring ....and southbeach
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ying-for-heat/

Heat need a bigman and a PG who's not a liability. Caron Butler would be a great role player off the bench but him signing a vet min. is as likely as Charlie Sheen getting back with Two and a Half Men.

The Heat needs a quality backup for Wade and James. They'll happily take Caron if they can, although Jamal Crawford is still a better option if they can get him.
    PSD's Nick Naylor

PSD's Longest-tenured HEAT fan

Just in: 40K posts in 2 years, all facepalms and baiting. Get a life you loser.

R.I.P. Clara

[IMG]http://oi39.tinypic.com/e98dok.jpg[/IMG/]

Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Heat need a bigman and a PG who's not a liability. Caron Butler would be a great role player off the bench but him signing a vet min. is as likely as Charlie Sheen getting back with Two and a Half Men.
    why he left the show?

OLYMPIAKOS 2011-2012,2012-2013 BACK TO BACK EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!

Nooo, what we need is a center, not another Mike Miller.

I hope this is what all the good players do. I hope that they flock to the big markets to spite the owners. Owners are trying to control where these guys can and cannot play... well I hope the players throw it in their faces and join the good teams anyways.

One of the main reasons we are in a lockout is that the owners are trying to prevent a team from following in the HEAT's footsteps and grabbing alot of talent. They are punishing everyone even though the HEAT followed all the rules they themselves agreed to in 1999.

Free agency is going to be crazy this year. I wonder what kind of time frame players are going to have to sign.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised if this HARD BALLING by some owners meant that players steered clear of those places all together. Like can you really imagine that any player wants to play for Dan Gilbert?... I can't.

I would love to see him back in Dade County

Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    Also, I wouldnt be surprised if this HARD BALLING by some owners meant that players steered clear of those places all together. Like can you really imagine that any player wants to play for Dan Gilbert?... I can't.
    Very GOOD point right here.

The owners can not control player movement, they will have to sacrifice this year before anything can really change.
    Last edited by Dade County; 10-11-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greek miami hea View Post
    why he left the show?
    Which is why his point was great

if the players don't care about money, why are we still in a lockout???

they will go to the highest bidder, as always...
    [IMG]/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by UPRock View Post
    Nooo, what we need is a center, not another Mike Miller.
    Caron Butler is by no means, Mike Miller

Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Caron Butler is by no means, Mike Miller
    Yeah that was flat out ignorant.. Mike Miller is complete garbage. This is just Heat fans giving no credit to any other player outside of Miami.

why would he wanna go to a loser?

Haha, Could you imagine Crawford AND Caron coming off the bench? I know it wont happen, But....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast