Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    The names that came to my mind immediately were Bobby Cox and Cito Gaston as possible fits. I know there is absolutely no way Coy will manage again,but I think(but that's just a gut feeling) Gaston can be talked out of retirement. If you want a guy that controls a clubhouse Gaston might not be the best fit though.
    There isn't much out there. Maybe Brenly? But otherwise there are just unproven commodities like Martinez, or Sandy Alomar

Since one of you brought up Ozzie: The media in Chicago absolutely loved him. He gave them easy headlines and quotes. And they could make him look like a buffoon. it was a perfect symbiosis.
    Ummm no to Gaston, he is even more disengaged and a weaker in game Manager the TF. His yoda shtick depended on a great roster of players.

Bobby Cox is older then dirt. He has intensity and he's a smart guy, so he's a better choice then Gaston, but how how long will he last?

The Sox do not like having anything buffonish in the organization. A Brooks Brothers outfit if there ever was one. They won't mind more fire on the field, but certainly not in the pressers.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Thread already posted

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Wow, didn't really see this ugly divorce coming but as an outsider it sure seemed to me like Theo was pulling some knee jerk deals in the last two years. The club didn't seem to be in that much of disarray but aparently it was and was hidden.

I would expect the Sox to go after a big name right away and to me I could see them trying to entice Gardenhire from the Twins. I think he would be a great fit but I'm not sure if they can pry him away, although, at times this year it looked as if Ron had his fill in the small market. Barring a big name I would say the following 5 MLB manager prospects would have to be considered. Theo seems like he wants more credit than the manager so my feeling is that if he can't get Gardenhire then he goes no name minor league manager or bench coach:

1. Torey Lovullo (Coach- Toronto, former Boston Minor League)- aggressive base running/defense guy fits Boston's roster.
    2. Tom Foley (Coach- TB)- Another defensive/speed guy who is very good with players.
    3. Ron Wotus (Coach- S.F.)- Great player coach, preaches defense, and has done all the coach positions but pitching coach. Well rounded and ready.
    4. Scott Ullger (Coach- Minn.)- Bench coach and has managed in Gardenhires absence. Another cerebrial guy who is good with players.
    5. Jose Oquendo (Caoch- St. Louis)- Has been seen as future manager for years. Has been around Tony L. for a while now so he knows the game and how to manage. He's ready.

Just my take but those to me are the top ready for action manager prospects.
    Last edited by hoog; 09-30-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
    Here is a well written article by a Yankees fan...of course he takes the usual shot at the Sox typical of a Yankee fan but his point is right on...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...m=br_nyyankees
    Why the **** would you post that?

Theo can manage, Paul Depodseta can do the paperwork as a pseudo-GM.

Or trade Lackey for John Farrell.

NY Daily News reports Francona fired (according to EEI).

They think the CWS and BRS may both pursue Rays bench coach Dave Martinez as a top choice.

Also TF rumored to CWS as early as this weekend.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011