Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Magic Johnson told Dwight Howard he could never play in the NBA

http://www.vladtv.com/blog/49152/mag...ay-in-the-nba/

Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard recently revealed that when he was 15, he met Magic Johnson, who told him that he didn't have what it took to make it to the NBA.

"He said I was too skinny," Howard said. "Magic inspired me by telling me I wasn't going to make it, that I was too little. I was in 10th grade when he told me I was too skinny to play in the NBA. I said, OK, we'll see."
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

hahaha thats awesome if this is actually true

Magic was a great player on the court, but doesn't seem to be very intelligent about the NBA now that he's off the court.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

what a douche.

3 cycles of steroid use later.... "I'm HUGE"
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [x ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [x]
    Win Championship [x ]

Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    3 cycles of steroid use later.... "I'm HUGE"
    this
    ]

ahaha yeah. "and that's the story of how I started to take steroids".

8. 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
    Reason
    Give it a rest guys

Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    Magic was a great player on the court, but doesn't seem to be very intelligent about the NBA now that he's off the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    what a douche.
    seriously?
    this sounds like a former player ribbing a young fan, not a serious talent evaluation. he's just giving him ****. watch any mj video interacting with fans (or any former player interacting with fans, or even any adult talking to a child) and you'll see the same thing.
    even if he knew dwight was serious about the nba, and he wasn't just making meaningless fun, it would've almost certainly been said in an encouraging or challenging way, not an ******* way. as dwight said, it inspired him.

come on now, don't go getting all on magic because of one quote without any idea of the inflection or details.

10. 09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
    Reason
    Give it a rest guys

Well he was 15, hard to tell if he would have made it or not. That doesn't make anyone an idiot.

Free As Seagull.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Well he was 15, hard to tell if he would have made it or not. That doesn't make anyone an idiot.
    Correct. Magic Johnson was an idiot long before he made insulted Dwight.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

mmmm if howard was too skinny back then, then magic was right then, if he had gone on being skiny with the moves and fumdanlmentals he had entering the leagfue......well he would have probably not been dradfted at all.
    ]

Shaq met LSU's head coach at a local basketball camp. Shaq, at the time about 6'6" or so and growing out at the time, was told by the LSU coach that he was too small to play center on the college or pro level. Shaq simply said, "Coach, I'm only 14."

They've been friends since.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

Well, no one thought Magic could survive AIDs and live to see the year 2000, so I guess it's all fair. Btw it's well known that steroids is one of the super-effective "magical" drugs that have tremendously helped AIDs patients.

so it's funny that Dwight gets villified somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    mmmm if howard was too skinny back then, then magic was right then, if he had gone on being skiny with the moves and fumdanlmentals he had entering the leagfue......well he would have probably not been dradfted at all.
    Yes we all know that Dwight isn't the most skilled player in the NBA, and yes skill and fundamentals are important, but stop hating on Dwight. First of all u don't get that big and strong without working your *** off, u know eating right, sleeping right, exercising, lifting weights etc., so the time Dwight spent working on his body is a million times more than what a European player would spend on his. The european spent his time improving his skills, and that's good, but look how bad some of them do in the NBA compared to Europe, so obviously Dwight did the right thing. And I say European just bcz I know that ur propose of existence on this site is to try make European players look better in the eyes of NBA fans (or at least that's how it comes out), which simply put is stupid. U say Dwight uses steroids? Did u see him put the needle in his arm? Or is it just ur jealousy talking? Jealousy from the fact that u know that most European players are not and probably will never be as athletic as NBA players such as Dwight or Lebron. U do know that black people have the ability to build muscle better than caucasions right? They are also on average mostly taller than caucasions. Whatever I'm white I don't care I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Yes we all know that Dwight isn't the most skilled player in the NBA, and yes skill and fundamentals are important, but stop hating on Dwight. First of all u don't get that big and strong without working your *** off, u know eating right, sleeping right, exercising, lifting weights etc., so the time Dwight spent working on his body is a million times more than what a European player would spend on his. The european spent his time improving his skills, and that's good, but look how bad some of them do in the NBA compared to Europe, so obviously Dwight did the right thing. And I say European just bcz I know that ur propose of existence on this site is to try make European players look better in the eyes of NBA fans (or at least that's how it comes out), which simply put is stupid. U say Dwight uses steroids? Did u see him put the needle in his arm? Or is it just ur jealousy talking? Jealousy from the fact that u know that most European players are not and probably will never be as athletic as NBA players such as Dwight or Lebron. U do know that black people have the ability to build muscle better than caucasions right? They are also on average mostly taller than caucasions. Whatever I'm white I don't care I'm just saying.

lol im taking for certain than dwight or lebron did/do dope.

but i also take for certain that dirk and pau take/took steroids too as soon as they reached the league.

i would be surprised if the number of career long clean nba players was higher than 10%

its not a thing bout americans vs europe is a thing bout nba allowing it.

as an example, R Lewis positive, in europe it would have costed him a two year suspension, what was it in nba?

odom or randolph or beasly and mariuhana, europe? 2 years of suspension nba? a pat in the back and dont do it again.

theres a reason in 1990 when nba agreed to send pros to the olympics david stern made SURE that nba players would be pretested by the league doctors and would NOT pass olympic comitee tests.
    that proteccion includes ALL nba players american or europeans.
    ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast