Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your opinion: new stadium for the jays?

I know it probably won't happen for a long time but do you think the jays, Rogers and toronto could support building a baseball Only stadium. Considering Rogers got the skydome for a steal at 25 mil. And how mug they could potentially make from selling the land for development. What do you guys think?

Not going to happen.

They would still need considerable help from the city / province and given the current financial condition of the City of Toronto, that won't happen.

It really would seem silly to build a new stadium when the current one is only 20 years old.

Replace the turf with real grass. That's all I really care about.

Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Replace the turf with real grass. That's all I really care about.
    Well thats the benefit of having a baseball only stadium.

The Rogers Centre is used for many other things so unless its converted to an only baseball stadium having real grass is not even an option.

Feel like the turf doesn't bother me much anymore, its more of an advantage for us because our players know how to play balls on it a lot better than road teams.

As for the stadium, don't see that happening for a long time, what's wrong with the current one? lol

GO JAYS GO!!

Follow me @3mikee_

Stadium is fine. Some of the current stadiums are soooo much older than ours. We have no reason to get rid of such a new place.
    TAKE PRIDE

I love Skydome (do not get me started on the Rogers Centre bs). Minus the fact that it feels like I'm in a concrete hell. They just need to spruce things up a bit and it'll be fine

Rogers Centre could use some upgrades, but a new stadium? Waste of money, IMO. I would love to play on grass like anyone else...but I just don't see the practicality in splurging on a new stadium so soon.

I'd love to see the interior of Rogers Centre redone a little bit. It feels like a concrete jungle in there. Something resembling a unique experience would be cool, too - I have no suggestions here, but the atmosphere and everything about the experience is just so blah.

A change back to SkyDome would be welcome, too. Heck, I'd even go for "Rogers SkyDome"

I've been to it many times, and it's a nice stadium not great but nice. The grass would really add to the experience but like someone said it's used for many other things that it seems impossible. Also think as everyone is saying that it's just really dark and dungeon feeling.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

I agree with most, nothing wrong with Rogers Centre that adding some extras in it. Maybe some hot tubs and a slide or rocks and trees, I don't know really. Come to watch the game not the stadium, but it would be nice to freshin it up a bit. Some games take forever.
    20 years ago we were the toast of the world with the roof, now its very common but they've all got a little fancier as they go up. But again, I come to watch the games and get SHAFTED at the concession and beer stand.

As much as I'd love for the Jays to get a new stadium, I doubt it will ever happen. At least in the near future it wont.

I've been to Jays game my self. One thing I cant stand is being in the 500 level behind the outfield. You cant even see half the field, and have to watch the game from the screen.

There is alot of work that could be done to the skydome ( yes my self like to refer it to skydome too ). I don't think its about how long its been around, but the fact that it needs work and needs reconstruction on the skydome. The old concrete look and the turf, does not make me believe I'm at a baseball park. Plus the view is bland only to have a CN tower too look at. Overall the construction and design is out of date. I think they focused on making history, by having an re-attractable roof, rather on the design its self. But that's just my two-cents. Of course its a little too late now, to build a new stadium. I'm sure the Jays would have to be contenders again, a fan base where they can rely on fans to come out and support the team and the new stadium ( or in this case, more money to build a stadium ).

On the other note, an idea i have is to just re-construct the stadium just like in New York with the MSG. Of course the Jays would need a place to play during the season, maybe at the old exhibition place. But maybe they can take down the 500 level in the outfield, work on interior design, as well maybe give the fans a nice view of Toronto ( such as adding windows or open up the seats to give a view of Toronto ). Overall i think that would be the best situation rather than go threw paper work, and deal with the government, etc, etc and god knows if that would even be approved.

Like others said its a good stadium, but needs ALOT of work. I think a re-construction could give the benefits of what the fans are looking for, rather than a complete new stadium. A nice overhaul could be what the Jays should look into.

I like Rogers centre, the only thing I dislike is that when i walk in, it feels like its a business building. We need to make it more of a sports revenue and change it up from the inside. Other then that, 20 years in, its a waste of money.

Nofear is offline Amish Rake Fighting Champ
    Two things that will never happen
    1. Natural grass
    2. Stadium changes structure wise.

Grass will never happen because of the stupid rule that the city has that any building that uses tax payers money must be multi purpose i.e. no grass. I believe BMO field when it went grass had to repay tax money before it could make the change but not 100% on that. I know for sure that TFC was on the hook for all the costs and maintainence fees.

The Skydome used a boat load of tax money so it won't be grass ever (plus its not practical) and any new building will have too much tax money tied into the build to make it grass.

Secondly, the Skydome layout is building locked and thus could never be revamped to open up the view or some type of city view because of the hotel. The roof also prohibits the ease of change such as an outside city view.

Basically, the roof, the hotel, the prohibited use of grass by the city and the overall cost prevent a stadium revamp and also prevent a new stadium from being on the horizon. Basically, the Jays fans are screwed and stuck with this concrete pit.

Personally, I like the dome just because its always been cool since day one but the turf just kills it for me. Even a new stadium would be turf anyways so I'm not even hoping for a new stadium

I love the place. One of my favorite memories is Jorge Bell standing in right field with his back to the infield watching the roof move. Things like that are priceless. The turf is not carpet on concrete anymore so it's fine leave it alone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast