Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Question Should we have expanded Instant Replay?

After the controversial call by Jerry Meals last night which lead to the Braves 4-3 win against the Pirates, I must ask the obvious question of the hour. Should we have expanded instant replay for calls like that?

we?

Yes, Ive seen to many mistakes against the M's this season i don't mind it once in awhile but its been coming in bunches and it really makes me mad especially since the team sucks no room for error.

No idea how the Ump missed that call though against the Pirates the base runner was out by a mile.

we keep asking this question over and over, it should be obvious by now YES YES YES
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

no. expanding it will lead to using it on balls and strikes
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

I've been against it before, but the call last night changed my mind forever. No fanbase should be put through that again, much less have it happen in a more important game or the playoffs
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Not necessarily. There is no doubt that it needs to be used in close plays at the plate. I'd be in favor of giving the managers challenges.
    "If we want to be an iconic franchise, which I think we are capable of doing, we have to write more good stories than bad, and occasionally we have to write a really epic story." --Sandy Alderson

Quote Originally Posted by Holydiver View Post
    we?
    Absolutely. Far too many hostile replies in this forum could have been avoided if someone just stopppeed and re-read the post before they responded too. Who knows how many hurt feelings could have been avoided?

100% absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Only if it makes sense to do it. As rational beings (Selig excepted) we can stop ourselves from doing something we don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by misterd View Post
    Only if it makes sense to do it. As rational beings (Selig excepted) we can stop ourselves from doing something we don't want to.
    i don't know. expanding it is like opening pandoras box. i especially dont like the knee jerk reactipon because of one bad call. it went up last year for the perfect game and went away. same thing will probally happen here.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

I like the idea of giving managers the ability to challenge. I also don't think it should be used for balls and strikes. But plays that make a huge difference in the outcome of a game should be.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Yes, it's obvious it is needed. That's bull **** what happened. Get with the damn times.
    LA Rams 2016!