Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,392

    Red Sox Injuries

    Now Josh Beckett is injuried! I hope this doesnt put him on the DL.

    http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/josh-bec...left-knee.html

    John Lester- 15 DL strained left latissimus muscle

    Clay Buchholz- 15 DL Lower back soreness

    Josh Beckett- DL?? mildly hyperextended left knee

    If he goes on the DL The only pitchers not hurt Lackey & Wakefield

    The injuries keep piling up.

    We have Miller up, Alfredo Aceves , Weiland

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    Thank God there are people out there who offer up a few moments of their time to state the obvious for the rest of us casting about in the 30-65 IQ range.

    Thanks.
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

    In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,915

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Now Josh Beckett is injuried! I hope this doesnt put him on the DL.

    http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/josh-bec...left-knee.html

    John Lester- 15 DL strained left latissimus muscle

    Clay Buchholz- 15 DL Lower back soreness

    Josh Beckett- DL?? mildly hyperextended left knee

    If he goes on the DL The only pitchers not hurt Lackey & Wakefield

    The injuries keep piling up.

    We have Miller up, Alfredo Aceves , Weiland
    Injuries are apart of the game, but perhaps it's time to take a look at the Red Sox approach towards pitchers? Even though a few have thrown 200+ innings in the past -- and could again do so this year -- I'm thinking that maybe their system is starting to pussify some of their staff.

    A hyperextended knee can be a legitimate cause for concern when you're throwing 90+ MPH, but these injuries seem somewhat endemic of an overly cautious system. I understand the need to protect young arms, but this just seems to be too much....
    Last edited by elements1985; 07-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    35,855
    Beckett wasn't concerned after the game. He said he still expects to pitch in the ASG, I hope he doesn't.

    Miller-Wakefield-Lackey-Weiland-Millwood, would be hysterically depressing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Providence RI
    Posts
    9,971
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Beckett wasn't concerned after the game. He said he still expects to pitch in the ASG, I hope he doesn't.

    Miller-Wakefield-Lackey-Weiland-Millwood, would be hysterically depressing
    he wont pitch in the ASG. but i do exspect he'll makes his next start
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Beckett wasn't concerned after the game. He said he still expects to pitch in the ASG, I hope he doesn't.

    Miller-Wakefield-Lackey-Weiland-Millwood, would be hysterically depressing
    I wonder, if Beckett heads to the DL, who's the Ace. Wakefield?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Providence RI
    Posts
    9,971
    Quote Originally Posted by sleazy View Post
    I wonder, if Beckett heads to the DL, who's the Ace. Wakefield?
    Andrew Miller! after all hes 3-0
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    OK, so this will be the injury thread. WTF is Lowrie's status? Anyone know?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,684
    Beckett-Fine.
    Lester-Should be 100% at most 3 weeks after the ASB?
    Buchholz-At most a month away?
    Crawford-2 weeks after the ASB, but do they sit Drew and let Reddick start? They should.

    Lowrie-Id guess he'll be back in mid August. Between overall performance including D, i'd start Navarro over Scutaro, who is fine at the plate but scares me on every ball hit to him. And if it's not hit to him, theres no chance of him getting to it.

    That cover everyone?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,952
    It's good to know that Crawford is back very soon, Beckett is totally fine, and hopefully Lester will be off the DL shortly after the ASG. As for Lowrie and Clay, it's anybodies guess. I wonder if we'll make a play for a SS?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavelb1 View Post
    Beckett-Fine.
    Lester-Should be 100% at most 3 weeks after the ASB?
    Buchholz-At most a month away?
    Crawford-2 weeks after the ASB, but do they sit Drew and let Reddick start? They should.

    Lowrie-Id guess he'll be back in mid August. Between overall performance including D, i'd start Navarro over Scutaro, who is fine at the plate but scares me on every ball hit to him. And if it's not hit to him, theres no chance of him getting to it.

    That cover everyone?
    Crawford is returning (hopefully) July 18th so we don't have to wait as long for him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,649
    This may not exactly be a "Red Sox" injury, but has anyone heard a recent update on Westmoreland?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    he wont pitch in the ASG. but i do exspect he'll makes his next start
    You seem so sure about this yet he was cleared to play in it yesterday..hmmm ...i assume if he wasn't going to pitch they would have held him back and said he's not cleared, wouldn't you think?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    You seem so sure about this yet he was cleared to play in it yesterday..hmmm ...i assume if he wasn't going to pitch they would have held him back and said he's not cleared, wouldn't you think?
    Cleared and ready to pitch:
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...k_bos&c_id=bos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •