Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Turkish team pursues Kobe Bryant

We cannot give him the same money as he gets from the NBA, but if the money isn’t everything in this, and Kobe wants to play during the lockout, wants to play with Deron Williams, we can find some deal on the money, Ataman said.......Kobe is the player in Europe with the most fans, with the biggest name. I believe that Kobe is a basketball player, and I’m a basketball coach, and that this is a big club, and maybe he can come play
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu..._turkey_070711

I think he will be good in European Basketball, Kobe likes to shoot and European players are mostly shooters.

Your thoughts........

I was trying to give Kobe his due as the former top NBA player and someone changed the thread header.

D Will
    Kobe
    Who Cares
    Who Cares
    Zaza Pachulia

This team is taking advantage of the lock out!!!!!

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

Now if a local network could find a way to air those games during the lockout we would be set!
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    I was trying to give Kobe his due as the former top NBA player and someone changed the thread header.
    That sig is utterly fantastic

pity the team plays in like the 8th best league and in a team that doe snot play euroleague.
    ]

I hope both players go. I'd also love to see more star players going elsewhere. Maybe this might bring both sides to an agreement and end this lockout. This lockout needs to end quickly.
    "Want a challenge? Give away your money and move to the Congo and try to make a living. That's living against all odds..." valade16

kobe + deron williams =

i hope kobe does it just to stick a middle finger to the owners

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    pity the team plays in like the 8th best league and in a team that doe snot play euroleague.
    I really don't think this matters much. Either way we look at it, its a rental for any Euro team that signs Kobe.
    "Want a challenge? Give away your money and move to the Congo and try to make a living. That's living against all odds..." valade16

I think Kobe goes to either Barcelona or Italy, he's always said those would be the two places he'd go in Europe.

kobe,d-will, and iverson on the same team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

I don't like him on a Turkish team.

Kobe should play for Italy, he did spend a lot of time when he was growing up in Italy and I'm sure one would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by riveramk2 View Post
    kobe + deron williams =

i hope kobe does it just to stick a middle finger to the owners
    2 things about this:
    1- Why would Kobe say FU to the owners when he has a good one that is arguably against the lockout idea?

2- Playing in Europe for less money than the league would give even under the new CBA seems counterproductive. It adds a "you aren't my only option" thought, but is self-defeating by the fact that the other option is worse. Owners would argue that if they are comfortable with even less money, why not just pursue even more...like standing firm at the 45mil hard cap until the current proposal of a 62 mil "flex" cap seems good enough to be accepted.

Arguably one of the greatest backcourt combos in history on the same team... in Europe lol.

Pretty cool idea.