• Brandon Roy

11 4.47%
  • Tyreke Evans

6 2.44%
  • Jamal Crawford

3 1.22%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

#6 SG In The NBA? (Volume IV)

Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last three years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. Its is now that time to vote! I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 3 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2011 SG Rankings

1) Dwyane Wade
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Manu Ginobili
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Monta Ellis
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

2010 Off-Season SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwyane Wade
    3) Brandon Roy
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Manu Ginobili
    6) Monta Ellis
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Stephen Jackson
    9) O.J. Mayo
    10) Jason Richardson

2009 Off-Season SG Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Brandon Roy
    4) Joe Johnson
    5) Vince Carter
    6) Manu Ginobili
    7) Ray Allen
    8) Kevin Martin
    9) Ben Gordon
    10) Richard Hamilton

2008 Off-Season SG rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
    2) Dwayne Wade
    3) Tracy McGrady
    4) Allen Iverson
    5) Manu Ginobili
    5) Vince Carter
    7) Joe Johnson
    8) Ray Allen
    9) Brandon Roy
    10) Kevin Martin

Kevin Martin (again)

Ray Allen. He's the best shooter in the league. His clutch gene is out of this world and he's a great defender.(forced Kobe to shoot 6-24 in game 7 last year)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

Ray Allen
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Kmart

Ray-Ray.

I'd take Martin for a full 82 game regular season (if he could finish it, not exactly an iron-man), I'd take Ray in a best of seven.

It's close. no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Kevin Martin (again)
    again? so you pick him over Monta too?

Now Ray is going to win this instead of Martin??

Damn. I can't believe the guy who produces the most out of the last 2 picked might now be beat by another. Martin is so undervalued.

Free As Seagull.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post

Damn. I can't believe the guy who produces the most out of the last 2 picked might now be beat by another. Martin is so undervalued.
    Ray Allen produces on both sides offense and defense. The game is more than scoring. Kevin Martin is such a bad defender while Ray's D is great
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Relo View Post
    again? so you pick him over Monta too?
    I picked him at 4. Explained my reasoning for my votes over and over again. See #4 and #5 threads for insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustlenomics View Post
    Ray Allen produces on both sides offense and defense. The game is more than scoring. Kevin Martin is such a bad defender while Ray's D is great
    Stop saying Allen's D is great that couldn't be more false. Because Kobe went 6-24 in a game does not make Allen a great defensive player. Kobe played against the Celts not Ray Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Stop saying Allen's D is great that couldn't be more false. Because Kobe went 6-24 in a game does not make Allen a great defensive player. Kobe played against the Celts not Ray Allen.
    Watch that game over. Ray Allen put the clamps on Kobe..how many players can do that? and Kobe isn't the only player Ray plays good D against. Don't try and tell me his defense is not good when I see him play all the time

Martin belongs in the top five along with Ray Allen, Manu, Kobe and Wade.

I don't think Allen potentially winning this over Martin is in the same ball-park of a crime as Johnson getting #4.

Ray Allen just had a brilliant playoffs, and showed the he could produce at an equal, if not even higher level than Martin does when it mattered most. Allens numbers from the playoffs exceeded Martins regular season production.

To be blunt, I don't trust Martin. Before last season- he missed half of the season three years in a row. He is yet to show us what he can do in the playoffs. I don't know if he's the type who will rise to the occasion and post better post-season numbers relative to his regular season, or if he'd be like the countless others who collapse and under-perform in the post season.

I'm sure he has the potential; but until I see that, or until he can string two healthy years in a row together, I'll go iron-man Ray Allen who just killed it in the playoffs.

*I think Martin will win this poll.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast