Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
    Luis Arraez is the Twins' ROY:
    Twins: Luis Arraez, 2B/LF, age 22
    The night of July 16 was when Twins fans really knew they had something special. Arraez, a relatively unknown infield prospect, inherited an 0-2 count against Mets fireballer Edwin Díaz and showed off his rare bat control and knowledge of the strike zone as he completed an 11-pitch plate appearance and drew a walk. Since Arraez first arrived in mid-May as an emergency injury replacement, his batting average has hovered around .350 all season. He’s so confident of the strike zone that he will vigorously shake his head as close pitches sail by, and the Twins like his hitting so much that they’re having him learn left field on the fly to keep his bat in the lineup. Francona compared Arraez to Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn earlier this season. That should say it all.

The Twins are the first team in baseball history with 300 home runs in a season and they have 3 games left. They have clinched the AL Central and have the best road-record in baseball. Could be an interesting playoff year.

The Twins didn't select anyone in the Rule 5 draft and currently have 37 guys on the 40-man roster. A few more deals are coming, I think, and hope.

Sergio Romo is back 1/$5MM and Tyler Clippard is coming in at 1/$2.75MM.

Who do you think will not be back next year? Rosario I would like back but think he will ask too much. I hope we can get Cruz to come back but doubt it. I think a lot of the bench guys will be gone. Pitchers........ don't even get me started on them!!!!!

It doesn't appear that Rosario is in the long-term plans. There are a lot of pitchers available this year, with a few interesting names. No "aces", but decent pitchers. I would love to see Cruz stick around, but it looks like the team is going to try someone else at 1st and move Sano to DH.
    Should be an interesting off season.

my guess was right with Rosario and I hope not with Cruz!!!!! We are taking a stepback so far in my opinion but a lot of time yet to go!!!!!
    Last edited by herdapop; 01-13-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Twins to sign 2 internationally ranked players:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/twins-2020-...onal-prospects
    Both are shortstops and both are young.
    According to sources, the club has agreed to deals with shortstops Danny De Andrade of Venezuela, No. 16 on MLB Pipeline’s Top 30 International Prospects List, for $2.2 million and No. 28 Fredy LaFlor, of the Dominican Republic, for $1.1 million.
    Last edited by catman; 01-15-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Twins to sign 2 internationally ranked players:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/twins-2020-...onal-prospects
    Both are shortstops and both are young.
    According to sources, the club has agreed to deals with shortstops Danny De Andrade of Venezuela, No. 16 on MLB Pipeline’s Top 30 International Prospects List, for $2.2 million and No. 28 Fredy LaFlor, of the Dominican Republic, for $1.1 million.
    2 summers ago I went down to Cedar Rapids and watch some A ball. There was a SS there that the Twins spent big money on to sign, he sucked pretty bad!! At the time he wasn't even batting over 200 and that was fairly later in the season. I hope these guys aren't a big waste of money like ssssooooooo many over sea guys have been for us cough, cough (Park, Nishioka).

Neither of these kids will play short at the major league level. De Andrade likely moves to 3rd and LaFlor to 2nd.

5 greatest single-game pitching performances by Twins' pitchers:
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/twins...g-performances

With the St Paul Saints as the Twins AAA team, I won't have to get a new cap. I already have one.

Twins announce Minor League Staff Assignments:
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/press-rele...press-releases

Brian Dozier announces his retirement. Man he was fun to watch. His 42 home run season was great. I was at his 3 home run game and got the ticket stub signed and inscribed by him.

Nice souvenir. Dozier was a good player for the Twins and nearly netted the team Urias from the Dodgers a few years back. Unfortunately, that deal fell through due to Urias' injury.

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast