Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    With his plate discipline he looks very baseball mature for his age. He's making mental mistakes and needs seasoning but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a rare 22 or 23 year old starting for this club in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    With his plate discipline he looks very baseball mature for his age. He's making mental mistakes and needs seasoning but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a rare 22 or 23 year old starting for this club in a few years.
    I agree with this. He just needs to "mature" a bit in the minors. He can play baseball at the MLB level. But he really is like a lot of young players, it takes time to really know the game inside and out. The mental errors were enough to make sending him down an easy choice.

As for the AA vs. A ball discussion I like that we sent him back to A. Let him get adjusted to the minor league cycle again and then bump him up to AA later this season.

ya can't bring the kid to Minnesota from Florida then send him to Connecticut....all his stuff is still in Florida!

tho I could certainly see where they'd move him up to AA before the year is over and bring him back up in September
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

When do the Twins start making moves to try to win? We have three starting pitchers in AAA with around 3.00 ERA's. Only one of the three have gotten a start at the MLB level and his starts are spot starts at best. He hasn't had a chance to get into a routine.

Do we try to win next year? Next month? I'm getting a little frustrated like most Twins fans watching our better players rack up wins in the minors while we have Deduno and Swarzak getting starts for the MLB team. Our pen has been in the top 10 for reliever ERA's while our starters have been bottom 3 for ERA. Adding Meyer and May as starters might really improve our staff.

Gibson 4.19 ERA
    Hughes 4.1 ERA
    Meyer
    May
    Nolasco 1,000,000 ERA

More importantly - our relievers can focus on being relievers for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    When do the Twins start making moves to try to win? We have three starting pitchers in AAA with around 3.00 ERA's. Only one of the three have gotten a start at the MLB level and his starts are spot starts at best. He hasn't had a chance to get into a routine.

Do we try to win next year? Next month? I'm getting a little frustrated like most Twins fans watching our better players rack up wins in the minors while we have Deduno and Swarzak getting starts for the MLB team. Our pen has been in the top 10 for reliever ERA's while our starters have been bottom 3 for ERA. Adding Meyer and May as starters might really improve our staff.

Gibson 4.19 ERA
    Hughes 4.1 ERA
    Meyer
    May
    Nolasco 1,000,000 ERA

More importantly - our relievers can focus on being relievers for a change.
    Completely agree. I have no idea what the hell the Twins are waiting for. May and Meyer are ready for the bigs. I have no doubts about it.
    Hopefully with the trade of Morales, it'll show the Twins are looking at the future now and will call them up.

If the Twins trade someone from the 40-man roster for someone that doesn't have to be, I would expect Meyer to be added and then brought up soon.

We are clearly trying to tank to stack our farm system... just kidding. But I can't say I disagree with each of your points. May deserves a chance in the majors, along with Meyer at some point. I can see maybe why they want to keep Meyer in AAA slightly longer since he is pretty inconsistent. But May has been throwing well and deserves a shot. We also need to see if he is going to be a piece in the rotation or in the bullpen.

I've never seen a simpler solution to such a big problem for an MLB team. Our SP are in the bottom three for ERA. Hughes and Gibson have been manageable. Nolasco will get starts because of his contract. This means we have 2 SP spots to improve upon. Some teams would have to sign a big FA. Others would have to trade minor leaguers for a proven MLB pitcher. We, instead, have THREE guys in the minors which can fill these two roles but somehow we're perplexed on how to solve the issue.

Bottom 3 in the league for SP ERA and we're leaving them in the minors... At least look like you're trying, Twins.

Let's hope they're just waiting to see how trades sift out in the next couple days...then they start making some moves (he says knowing how unlikely it is there's a trade that impacts the rotation)

anybody know anything at all about the 'Prune Packer' the Twins just signed?

Twins acquired Tommy Milone.

Also, Kennys Vargas just got called up today.

I don't know much about Milone, but I'm hearing we won this deal.

Super stoked for "Little Father" being called up.

Definitely a good start to the day.

Vargas has been hitting well in New Britain and should help quite a bit.

Suzuki - we over paid a bit.
    Milone - could find himself as a 5th starter for us if management tries to pitch the "best" options instead of the "highest paid" options.
    Vargas was pretty cold over the past month if I remember right - I'd hate for him to sit on the bench at the MLB level. He needs at bats. I'd be fine with Vargas getting at bats at DH and 1b over Collabello at this point.

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast