Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    The Twins just DFA'd Luke Hughes to make room for Jason Marquis. This makes little sense to me. He has so much more potential that Sean Burroughs and much more versitile. He sure hope Ryan has a better feel for this than I do because if he doesn't clear waivers I am going to be pretty disappointed in the decision. Regardless, I would have DFA'd one of the relievers anyway.

I agree with you, Nick. I hope Hughes clears waivers. He will go back to Rochester without pouting, I'm sure.

Meh, I am not losing sleep over Hughes he's 27, replacement level player. He's not special at anything in paticular.

There is still no news on Bowden hitting waivers. I wonder if the Red Sox found multiple bidders. They've been looking for a right handed bench bat. Maybe Hughes.

As expected, Luke Hughes was claimed. The A's got him. With Gardy giving Clete Thomas most of Chris Parmelee's at bats, it seems like the decision to DFA Hughes instead of sending Parmelee down to play every day was a poor one. With Valencia struggling, a debate about whether Hughes should be getting extended playing time at 3B should be brewing.

Bowden was part of the Marlon Byrd trade between the Cubs and Red Sox.
    I'm sorry to see Luke Hughes go. He is the sort of player that Gardy usually likes -- one that plays everywhere and isn't afraid to get his uniform dirty.

so, whats up with Revere being back? who did we have to send down to get him back up?

Willingham is on paternity leave. His wife gave birth to a son. He could be back Friday. Revere is likely going to be sent back to Rochester to play every day. He is leaving a very good impression with the brass and fans.

Anthony LaPanta was on Kfan today. He thought Revere sticks and starts most games somewhere in the outfield. I could see it happening, this teams needs to start shaking things up. I don't seen much harm in it at this point.

I'd be fine with that as well. Revere looks like he woke up and is ready to contribute at a very high level.

Butera has bee recalled and Burroughs has been DFA'd. I imagine Mauer will get a few starts at 1B and Butera will back up Doumit.

Jason Stark is reporting that Danny Valencia is on the trade block. If the Twins once again trade a young player when he is at his lowest value I think I am going to have a hard time recouping any postive feelings I have ever had for Terry Ryan. This should absolutely not be true. A quick look at any statistical website will show Valencia has far and away been at his best in July. Why not wait until the trade deadline to see if he can recapture some of his past value?

Erik Komatsu has been claimed by the Twins and Clete Thomas has been DFA'd. Komatsu has some upside and he's still just 24. He was a Rule V pick the Twins took off waivers so to keep him he needs to stay on the 25 man roster the rest of the season. He has more upside than Thomas so there is no reason not to give him a try but he looks a lot like Darin Mastroianni who is waiting in AAA, a level that Komatsu has never had a chance to play at.

I don't see the Twins moving Valencia right now. They really don't have anyone to step in to play 3B regularly.
    It is nice to see the Twins pick up Komatsu. He's got some ability.
    Last edited by catman; 05-05-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Hey guys I'm a yankee fan who just acquired a signed Tom Kelly Game worn jersey if interested please call me 732-904-5874
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast