Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    Is it him being stubborn or is it the available resources he has to work with?
    Surely his resources are limited although Dave St. Peter said Ryan did not have a spending limit this year.

Regardless, Ryan nickle and dimes his free agents instead of going out to get one guy who could actually be helpful. He does this every year. Pelfrey and Correia are likely not much of an improvement (if they are at all) to guys like DeVries, Deduno, Hendriks, Hernandez and Gibson. Why sign either of them? Why not pool that $15 million and sign an actual improvement player? He does this nearly every year and it needs to stop, it does nothing to help the product on the field. He's too frightened of making a mistake so he refuses to be aggressive.

Oswaldo Arcia got a hit in his first major league AB. He advanced to 2nd on an error. Congrats. Hope he continues to hit, making a decision very difficult to make as to who goes down. I feel he will be the one sent back, as he needs regular ABs, but he'll be back later this summer.

Hicks looked a lot better at the plate today. He was 1/3 with a run scored and 1 batted in. And then there's Willingham. He came up with the bases loaded and didn't miss a mistake pitch from Jesse Crain. Roenicke allowed a homer to Dunn on a pitch that really wasn't bad. If would have been 3" farther on the outside edge and a couple of inches lower, Dunn would have swung and missed at it. Good start for Diamond tody. 6 very good innings. Perkins threw 11 pitches (10 strikes) and fanned a couple in his inning.
    Good 5-3 win for the Twins.

The Twins released Brandon Boggs. He was a long-shot to make the team out of spring training, but I'm glad they gave him a chance.

They needed to keep him around as one of the true CF options. Surely Clete Thomas was ahead of him in the pecking order and perhaps Antoan Richardson in AA.

Maybe he asked for his release?

Perhaps, he wasn't hitting though. When I said they needed to keep him around, I just meant initially out of spring training and only as insurance. He didn't prove much at Rochester unfortunately.

Aaron Hicks picked a pretty good night to have his first multi-hit game. He hit a pair of homers and robbed a homer from Adam Dunn.

By the way, I think one reason Wilkin Ramirez is on the big club is to be the translator for the other Latin players. He does a nice job. I'll have to ask my daughter (who speaks fluent Spanish) if he's doing a good job.

I went to Wednesday afternoon's game against the White Sox and wasn't impressed by the effort the Twins put forth, especially the pitchers. They seemed to forget that Adam Dunn murders the ball belt-high on the outside corner. Oh well, it was a great afternoon with 3 nephews, a neice and their kids. If you watched the game, you probably saw me, as I was sitting next to my nephew who caught the foul ball off Carroll's bat in the 1st inning. I guess it was shown twice. My grand nephew will get the ball when he's old enough to understand what it's about.

Nice work, that's the best souvineer you can get at a ball game.

Dunn is a true three outcome hitter, he either strikes out, walks or hits home runs. The Twins pitchers don't walk anyone and can't strike anyone out. It's not surprising what Dunn is going to do when facing Twins pitchers.

What frustrates me the most is that Dunn has 2 obvious holes in his swing -- low and away (I mean at the knees or below just off the corner) and up and in (shoulder high, inside corner). The only problem with this is that if you miss up over the outside corner, he'll hit it to either left-center or center and if you miss over the plate, up, he'll hit it to right.

The Twins have lost Joe Benson to the Rangers. The Twins took Benson off the 40-man roster to add PJ Walters. Not really sure what to think about this. Benson has a world of talent but appears to have some trouble making the step necessary to play well in the bigs. Vance Worley has been sent to Rochester to work out some "issues". He knows what he needs to do to come back and will have an "assignment" and "homework" to do.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The Twins have lost Joe Benson to the Rangers. The Twins took Benson off the 40-man roster to add PJ Walters. Not really sure what to think about this. Benson has a world of talent but appears to have some trouble making the step necessary to play well in the bigs. Vance Worley has been sent to Rochester to work out some "issues". He knows what he needs to do to come back and will have an "assignment" and "homework" to do.
    I wouldn't really sweat over losing Joe Benson, it was time for him to get a change of scenery. We most likely would have lost him this upcoming off-season when we make changes to the 40 man. I wish him the best, but I just don't think his bat can make it past AA. From what I have seen his bat speed is just to slow to keep up with the fastballs you see in AAA and MLB.

Arcia is back in Rochester. Not really sure what's up, other than they need pitching in the bigs worse than hitters. They have other guys that can sit on the bench.

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast