Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:34 AM.

It wouldnt be the worst thing to bring in guys who are new to the organization, its part of creating a new fresh look in the coaching staff which I feel will provide a positive spark for our Twins. Also what about looking to upgrade or medical staff, we cant afford to have any more Scott Baker accidents where he is diagnosed wrong and costs him greatly.

-
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Just thought I'd share an article about the Tigers owner, Mike Ilitch:

http://www.freep.com/article/2012102...roit+Tigers%29

If you don't want to read it, don't worry, it's basically summed up in this quote:

"I don't worry about the investment, I want to win,"

Color me jealous. What would it take the Pohlad's to have the same desire?

He has done his best to bring quality talent to Detroit. It would be nice to see the Pohlads get out of their "banker's" mentality for a few years to see what would happen.

Ilitch is old and wants to win before he leaves this world. Carl Pohlad was in the same position but still refused to spend, I'm not getting my hopes up the sons will see things differently.

The Twins outrighted Luis Perdomo, Esmerling Vaszuez, Kyle Waldrop, Jeff Manship, PJ Walters, Carlos Gutierrez and Matt Carson. The Cubs snatched up Gutierrez after about two seconds. Funny thing was, he was the only member of that group who did NOT play on the Twins MLB roster last year. As far as upside goes, he obviously has the most.

Also, as expected Matt Capps option was declined.

Not a real surprise that the team declined Capps' option. He was good with the Nats and for part of a season with the Twins, but has been hurt a lot since.
    I'd have no problem keeping Carson as the 5th OF.

Capps option was declined and I hope that means we've seen the last of him, but I'll believe it when I see him wearing another uniform. I'd really prefer not to bring him back, even at $2 million. There are enough bullpen options in AAA and the waiver wire to support Perkins, Burton, Duensing and Fein. Save the money for starters. If the Twins can put together a decent rotaion, then they won't need 8 arms in the pen in 2013.

No kidding, Nick. Several guys would be very interesting, including Danny Haren and Ervin Santana. Haren has a very good track-record and is reputed to be a good clubhouse guy. Santana has been a difficult pitcher to read. He is really hot for a while and then really cold. Looking at video doesn't really show much to cause his inconsistency, either. Last year, his velocity was down, as was his control. He is only 29 and could have a number of good seasons left.

Terry Ryan told Seth Stohs in a recent interview that the Twins will go after a pretty darn good pitcher. I'm sure Greinke won't be paid by the Twins, but for some illogical reason (!!!don't do this to yourself again, keep your expectations low Nick!!!) I'm starting to think Haren/Peavy/Marcum/Sanchez might actually be in play.

It's expecting way too much from the front office, but if Haren and Marcum could be obtained for say $22 million how could you justify not making that move? Even if the team didn't sign any other free agents, that should vastly improve the team. It would seem to be a far better use of their money than the usual grab bag of signings of replacement level back end of the rotation arms and platoon/utility infielders who are either offensively or defensively terrible.

How many years for each Marcum and Haren? I like the idea of bringing them in.

What about 3 years at 12 per for Haren? I honestly can't decide if that's too much or too little. Marcum might look for a one year deal to rebuild his value, a one year deal would cerrtainly fall into Ryan's comfort zone.

I'd have no problem with 3 years/$36MM for Haren. What would that leave for Marcum? 1 year (with an option) at $10MM? Would that get them into camp?

There is some talk of a trade involving Oswaldo Arcia for James Paxton of the Mariners organization.I wouldn't have any problem with a trade like this. The Twins have an abundance of good outfield prospects and need pitching.
    Last edited by catman; 10-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast