Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Please Delete
    Last edited by Bray991; 10-03-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: I Was being dumb when i posted this.. I wasnt at the end.. MOD please Deleter

-
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    Great exchange, both of you....fun to read. Great ideas/proposals, all the same.

Here again, from the standpoint of the payroll challenges ahead, what is the solution when each and all of you are right in parts, be it the suggestion of bringing in a couple of f/a's (The overall payroll sacrifice in the process), or getting the minor league system in line from the standpoint of development, etc....

Bottomline is that everybody here, in truth, has suggested for meaningful solutions. In that same breath, though, the organization itself doesn't seem to be on a track record for ANY of them to take place, you know.....

I don't understand this any better than the next poster, btw, and so it's an honest question, here again.

One day, I'm with Nick completely in that Harden and others could be the solution; the next day, unfortunately, so much of the well meaning philosophy would seem all for not if they don't have their own minor league system in proper order, for the simple fact we know the Twins are probably never going to sign a marque f/a ace pitcher, etc (Which may, or may not, be for good reason, too).....

Tough stuff, tough questions....

My position is obviously clear in that I would want to see every coach and trainer/conditioning coach retained, but in that same breath, if certain mentalities across the org right now simply don't make a whole lot of sense, what's the answer/solution?

I don't know that answer, personally, that's for certain. I only know that these are all very good people, but something's wrong per the current venue/attempts, etc, organizational wide......
    I think we all have a soft spot for Gardy and Rick and the current staff because of the magic of previous teams weve seen and how well they played, and yes I agree it would be hard to see them go. But lately they just dont seem to have it and it seems as if other teams have figured out ways to beat us that we cant counter.

-
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:38 AM.

I agree with Matty 100% I feel like we are smarter as a community then any other one on psd or else where.. I know nothing we say really matters but its fun to be around such smart people who have the best intentions of our team... Now I say lets Come up with a Legit plan.. Not by our selves, but as a community... bounce ideas around and come up with ones that are for sure.. create a payroll.. I mean the whole 9 yards.. Maybe I am too overzealous, but I think with how smart everyone in the forum is we could put together something....

Coaching staff just got cleaned out! White, Ullger, Liddle, Vavra and McWane are not coming back. Gardy and Andy stay. I'm in my phone, otgerwise I'd add a link.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/1...denhire-staff/

DANM!!! thats crazy. but its what we needed!!

These are big changes but still seem more like a compromise to keep as much of the old boys club together as possible. These are good men and it is sad to see them go but they are not at the top of the culpability pyramid. Gardy and Anderson are the big dogs on the field, Ryan, Rantz and Krivtzky are the big dogs behind the scenes. This almost seems like a phony admission that they are willing to change. Lets face it, pitching and talent evaluation have been the biggest issues with this club. As much as I like Anderson and Ryan, they deserved the boot more than Jerry White. Seriously, are we really to believe the freakin bullpen and firstbase coaches were responsible for this fiasco? Change is needed but it's a total cop out if the guys responsible for the mess get to stay while their underlings take the fall.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 10-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.

-
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:37 AM.

-

Yeah, I hope our anger subsides because I don't want to spend all off-season upset with this club. I like Rick Anderson, from everything I've heard he is a very good human being and firing him may not have been fair due to the lack of talent he had to work with. But that just underscores how rediculous the other firings are. The offense was better than acceptable and the bullpen out performed expectations. This team may have competed if they had reliable arms in the rotaion, yet EVERY coach not directly in charge of the rotation was let go yet the two who do have influence on it, and the one who put it in place get to keep their jobs. This is shameful.

On a further note, what happens if next year is a disaster and Gardy and Anderson get the boot? What happens to the five new coaches just brought in? Do they once again get replaced? New managers generally like to bring in their own guys. Is it really fair to put Brunansky, Glynn, Cuellar and anyone else into a lame duck situation? OR are they already being looked at as the de facto replacements for Gardy and Andy once again keeping the Twins line of promotions in house? I dislike both possibilities, that's why Ryan needs to go.

-

I would add Hicks and Pinto to the 40 man roster right away. Hicks is an absolute "no-brainer". He may not be ready to contribute in April, but by August he should definitely be. Pinto could be a replacement for Butera and could be in the C/DH rotation with Mauer and Doumit. I'm not sure of his defense, but he is a definite upgrade offensively.
    I wonder if Molitor is going to be the 3rd base coach and be the in-house replacement for Gardy when he decides to hang 'em up?

Ryan said Molitor is not going to be on the coaching staff. I too would like him.

Molitor was interested but Ryan said he was not a fit. My guess is Gardy put the kabosh on that move as he would not be comfortable with hiring a guy who the fans would be screaming for to replace him if the team starts off 10 and 20.

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast