Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
    Does Romero's success give anyone else the same thought as I've had for years? Some of our talent stagnates in the minors before we ever give them a shot- especially pitchers. I realize, of course, this was just one game and others have been brought up...but usually just for one start then it's back to AA or AAA.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I agree . Sometimes the Twins are a bit too conservative with their call-ups for my tastes. I remember the early '80s teams. They were horrible, at least in the standings. They learned to lose together without pointing fingers at each other and when they got to be a good team, they won together with the same attitude. Gaetti, Brunansky, Hrbek, Puckett, Laudner -- those guys learned to play as a team.

Matt Belisle is back with the Twins on a major league contract. Gregorio Petit was DFA'd to make room for him on the roster.

In a move that will surprise some, Miguel Sano was optioned to Ft Myers after today's game against the Tigers. I imagine Joe Mauer will be activated from the DL prior to tomorrow's game against Kluber and the Indians.
    Sano was hitting .191 since his activation from the DL with an ML leading K rate of 42+%.

Should be interesting at the trade deadline...see how many of these expiring contracts we will move/ depends on how they feel our farm players project @the next level for the upcoming years.

Slegers did a nice job. I think he earned another start.

Willians Astudillo needs to get ABs at the big league level or they need to send him back to Rochester to play regularly. He is just stagnating the way things are going.

At the break, the Twins have been playing better of late. Dozier is starting to hit. Rosario is doing pretty well and Escobar, though he has cooled off quite a bit, is still able to hit a little bit. Mauer is showing signs that he might not be through just yet. Jake Cave has been a very pleasant surprise to me. He has proven to be a capable major league player. I don't expect him to ever be an all-star, but who knows?

The Twins have a pitcher in the game named Oliver Drake. He just broke a major league record by appearing in a game for his 5th franchise this year. So far, so good for Drake. A clean 9th inning.

There is a reason for Logan Morrison's poor performance this season. He is going to undergo hip surgery to repair a problem that has affected him since spring training. He will obviously no tplay the rest of the season, and may miss part of nest year as well.
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/logan...ry/c-289944776
    In other news, Kohl Stewart will make his major league debut today against the Tigers. Stewart was once one of the Twins top prospects, but has had his career slowed by injuries. He appears to be healthy again so we will see what he can do.
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/kohl-...ay/c-289884940

Also, unless there is a setback, Byron Buxton is expected to return to the Twins' lineup next week. If he can perform the way he did late last year, he will give the team a great jolt.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263