Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    Matt Shoemaker was officially added to the Twins' 40-man roster and Ian Gibaut was outrighted to St. Paul.

With Nick Gordon up in the bigs, when will he get his first action?

Also, 2B Tzu-Wei Lin has been recalled from the alternate site.

Nick Gordon went back down without seeing any action.

Hey, how's everyone doin'?
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

Buxton may be starting a rehab asignment soon. Maybe back in Cedar Rapids?

Buxton is looking good in his rehab. 2/2 with a pair of homers and 5 RBI tonight, playing center.
    Last edited by catman; 06-11-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Buxton was activated for today's game and stepped right in, scoring a run and going 1/4. Kepler was activated a couple of days ago and the outfield defense is a whole lot better now than it was (not that Refsnyder did a bad job filling in). It will be nice for the pitchers knowing that if the ball stays in the park it will usually be caught.

Buxton's return to the lineup seems to have sparked the team a little bit. They swept the Rangers in Texas, following a win in the last game in the Seattle series. Maeta pitched a good game today, allowing 2 runs on a pair of solo homers with Buxton hitting a 2-run bomb of his own.

Buxton can't seem to catch a "break" can he? Out now with what is called a "Boxer's" fracture of his left hand after getting hit last night.
    He was off to an excellent start this year.

One thing about him getting injured last night that could be a blessing in disguise
    ....those people that seem to think the Twins could trade him may be disappointed given the timing of this injury

Donaldson, I could see them trading. Kepler even, possibly. Maeda, potentially.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

MLB Network speculated that Berrios would be on the block this year. I hope not, but he hasn't budged from his conrtact demands.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    MLB Network speculated that Berrios would be on the block this year. I hope not, but he hasn't budged from his conrtact demands.
    Well if they could figure out how to develop pitchers, it might not be so horrible to lose him.
    He and Kyle Gibson are like the only pitchers who spent regular time in the rotation and were drafted by the Twins since Radke for cripes sake...oh, Scott Baker, too.

I can't fathom why it is they can draft seemingly solid prospects yet they either never make it out of the minors or don't do well enough to stick when they do....year after year after year. Even older guys come in and 'underperform' while a Twin, but regain their form when they leave...even Rich Friggin Hill!

Organizationally, how do they never figure this out?! We'll keep hearing about a guy with good potential like Gonsalves and Stewart, then you get excited they're called up, they struggle or just do OK for a couple starts and the next thing you know...oh, they're not even Twins anymore.

That's gotta be my MOST frustrating thing as a Twins fan. For years and years their drafts were loaded with prospect after prospect...and virtually none materialize.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Agreed. The Twins have some very good position players that are ready to come up, but they need pitchers badly. Losing Gibson hurt a lot, but the way he was treated, I can't blame him for moving on.
    Berrios is probably the best pitcher the Twins have developed since Radke. The team just released Dakota Chalmers, and from what I saw in his stats, I can't blame them.
    Look what happened to Lance Lynn. He was a "journeyman" pitcher until he left the Twins and became a pretty good #2 pitcher.
    Last edited by catman; 06-25-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast