Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 991 to 1,004 of 1004
    How Gibson was treated? Ya lost me. What I remember about him is that he kept insisting on nibbling at the corners of the zone, despite coaching constantly trying to get him out of that mindset.

I used to blame Rick Anderson for a lot of this, but it's an organizational thing....the team simply sucks at developing pitchers all through every level.

I also think their insistence of virtually never (Mauer exception) of keeping players in the minors often ends up meaning stalling some players' progress. i.e. I think Buxton would have reached what he may be reaching this season 2-3 years ago had they allowed him to move to the bigs sooner...and who knows what Royce Lewis could have done had they move him up quicker (and unfortunately now losing a season to Covid and another to injury)..............while other teams allow their phenoms a big taste of the bigs early on.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The team didn't treat him particularly well in arbitration, as is their right.
    Its good to finally see Nick Gordon in the bigs, and he is doing pretty well right now. For now, he is likely the best option in center.

Here is the most recent injury news:
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/twins...d-roster-moves
    There is some help on the horizon. Hopefully, it won't be too little too late.

This season started off with a lot of promise, but injuries and underperformance have cost the team any chance of advancing to the playoffs.
    What has gone right so far? Nick Gordon has come up and played pretty well. Rooker, Kirilloff and Larnauch have looked pretty good as well.
    What has gone wrong so far? The bullpen has disappeared in many games. I wish the team could have kept some of the pitchers they lost (Trevor May) and picked up Brad Hand. He is from Minnesota and expressed a wish to play for the Twins.
    The starters have been disappointing.
    The defense has not been very good.
    Baserunning has been abysmal, particularly in extra innings. Tonight's game was a prime example of this.
    What does the future hold for Baldelli? Will the team bring him back as manager? If not, who do they bring in?
    What will the roster look like next year? Will Lewis be recovered and be ready for the bigs? What will the rotation look like? Will Buxton and Berrios sign extensions? Who should the team target in FA?
    Lots of questions that will need to be answered for this team.

The Twins traded Berrios to the Jays for a couple of great prospects -- SS Austin Martin and RHP Simeon Woods Richardson. I guess this means that its time for Griffin Jax has to step up and show what he can do.

Twins are 8-4 in their last 12 games -- all against division leaders. It appears the Twins are playing a bit better lately.

Buxton to start a rehab in St. Paul tonight. Not sure how many games he'll need to get ready for major league play.

The Twins appear to be playing the role of spoiler this year. Over the past 5 series, all against contending teams, the Twins have won 4 of them, only losing to the Yankees (nothing new here). They have beaten Houston, Tampa, Chicago and Cleveland (not really a contender, but the team played well). Now they have split the first 2 games against the Red Sox. From here, they have another game with the Red Sox, host Milwaukee (another contender) for 3, a make-up game at Detroit, and a couple against the Cubs at home.

Buxton is back again and the Twins win the game tonight 2-0 over the Brewers.

We'll see what the Twins got for Cruz -- Joe Ryan is coming up.

The least amount of Twins game I watched on tv in my life thanks to Sinclair. I guess at least they suck this year!!!! Oh yeah Sinclair SUCKS!!!!!

Twins have a chance to avoid a 90 loss season with a win tomorrow.
    They came into this season with a lot of optimism. They were expected to contend for the division title and were very disappointing.
    What went wrong:
    Injuries to key players, Buxton, Garver, Lewis (not on the major league roster, but would have contributed), Kirilloff.
    Pitching issues -- Shoemaker didn't adjust to what the Twins wanted from him. Some of the relievers the team brought in offered little relief. Injuries to pitchers didn't help, either. Maeda certainly didn't have the same stuff this year as last. Pineda was in and out of the lineup.
    Inconsistent play from some key players, Simmons, Donaldson, Sano, Kepler, Cave, Colume.
    What went right:
    Some kids got some major league experience that wouldn't have without the above issues. Ober, Jax, Thorpe and Ryan look like a pretty good group of pitchers to work with. Gordon did pretty well as a utility guy. Refsnyder looked really good in the outfield.
    Polanco had a very good season. The team got some real talent for the players they traded away. I hope the team can develop them into good major leaguers.
    The team has a few big question marks for next year. Who plays 1B? Will Kirilloff be healthy and productive enough to do it all season? Can Sano actually learn to hit an off-speed pitch? Will Buxton sign an extension and stay healthy or will they trade him away this winter? Do the Twins possibly move Donaldson across the diamond to keep his legs healthy? If so, can Arraez handle 3B regularly (or do they give Miranda a shot next spring)?
    Thoughts?

better luck next year!!!!! Sign some pitching is the only way we improve!!!!!!!

and Sinclair SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667