Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What type of player/person would LeBron be had he played in college?

I know physically speaking that LeBron James is as mature as anyone in the league. But his mental makeup is very immature from what I've seen of him since he came into the league. From his questionable tweets, to the decision, to his mannerisms (tearing his Cavs jersey off after playoff loss to C's last year), and now to his mocking Dirk being sick... I feel like had he gone to college where a guy like Coack K, Roy, or Thad Matta was coaching him and holding him accountable for his actions, then LeBron would make better decisions as a grown man.
    It's hypothetical and doesnt mean anything now that he's been in the league for 7 years, but just throwing it out there

This is a legitimate question and sadly it will probably be closed.

The little things that his game lacks would definitely be better.. I think he dribbles good for a big man, actually great for a big man, but he doesnt have much control. His shot needs a little help and he has no post game.. No way Terry and kidd should be sticking this guy in the post.. And he would be a lot smarter in the closing minutes...

he's only 26 if he went to college his development would have been accelerated.

i think he would of learned or atleast develop some more skills. i'm not a fan of him but he would be a beast. but then disappear in the final 4

Maybe he doesn't do THIS so much.

I think he really would have dominated at the college level for sure. As for development...well thats a good question. Is a immature adult always an immature adult? There's no saying he would have "grown up" in college. I think if anything his domination at that level would just make his head bigger then it already is.

It may not even be too late for someone to mentor him and show him how to be a grown up. If Spo' gets the boot from Miami, I think Larry Brown could come in and be a perfect coach for LeBron on and off the court

Quote Originally Posted by BritneysBestBet View Post
    I think he really would have dominated at the college level for sure. As for development...well thats a good question. Is a immature adult always an immature adult? There's no saying he would have "grown up" in college. I think if anything his domination at that level would just make his head bigger then it already is.
    Yeah, he might have got a bigger head. But he wouldn't get away with these poor antics he's given us in the pro's. He'd be benched to start games and he'd be running suicides up and down the floor in practice. He could of benefited from learning how to represent an institution and an organization with class, which is something they teach at the college level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Yup, the mods have been on a pro Lebron tirade today.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

I think a large part of Lebron's immaturity is due to the environment he's been "raised" in. I'm sure his friends throughout his life have basically been enabling his ego. Had he gone to college and been coached by a coach K or someone like that, I think it could've made a difference. Of course, he would've had to stay more then 1 year, which wouldn't have happened.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ThornMo View Post
    I know physically speaking that LeBron James is as mature as anyone in the league. But his mental makeup is very immature from what I've seen of him since he came into the league.
    Are we talking about the same LeBron James?

Since he entered the league, he was crowned the "king" and praised as the NBA's golden-boy since Kobe's image was somewhat tarnished over that scandal. During LeBron's first few years, he always said the right things and made his teammates better (still is). LeBron didn't start drawing negativity until he started voicing his frustrations in Cleveland then he started to slip up. Durant has become the new golden-boy but we're yet to see if his nice guy persona is just an act like LeBron's was.

College would've done nothing for him.
    Last edited by albertc86; 06-10-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I don't think it will be. I can't speak for any mods, since I'm obviously not one, but I don't think this is considered a bait thread (whereas I can def see how the other one is considered a bait thread).

Depends. He says he would have been a Buckeye, so he probably plays the Cavs style offense at Ohio State. LeBron would have been the only star, so he would have handled the ball and made the plays. Thad Motta took over in 04-05, and Jim O'Brien was the coach in 03, which would have been LeBron's likely only season in college. It doesn't seem as though there were many great players on OSU that year anyway, so I'm not sure playing one year in Ohio State would have done as much as going to the NBA. Now, if he went to Duke under Coach K, then we have a completely different story. He would have had to worked on the small skills that Krzyzewski loves to instill in his players. All in all, LeBron is still 26, and he still has growing to do. It is very likely that his best years are still ahead of him, which is a very scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BritneysBestBet View Post
    Do you think Kobe is still an immature adult? Because he definitely was when he first got into the league. Maybe he still is, idk. But people don't seem to perceive he is anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast