Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you're team was a potential Mavs opp., how do you feel this site portrayed ur team

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I thought it my made team look bad and didn't tell the whole story

2 40.00%
  • I didn't think it made my team look bad and my team had it's side of the story heard

3 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RefCalls.com paints bad picture of potential Mavs opponents (check your team)

I reviewed the website RefCalls.com hoping to find footage from the Finals and noticed a pattern. Here's what I found:

- There's not much arguing for the Heat, and a lot of it against the Heat (shocker, I know, but please read)

- A lot of praise for the Mavericks "Epic win against the Thunder" and "Classic comeback against the Blazers". This was very odd because he does not display the same affection towards other teams.

--- Want to report a bad call? It's easy as following the website's template:
    POR-DAL 1Q 7:48 – Dirk fouled by Aldridge but no call. #refcalls
    (wow, how helpful, and not subliminal at all)

- Each potential Mavs opponent (Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Blazers, Heat, Bulls, Celtics) were heavily criticized, while their previous opponents were shown sympathy (interesting, go on)

-- Blazers
    --- Game 1 vs Mavs: "Were the Blazers right in complaining about the officiating" (the web site creator ends up blaming Andre Miller and the Blazers in the end while providing no footage of the play) (Mavs won)
    --- Game 3 vs Mavs: "Barea 'allegedly' flops, questionable call fouls out Chandler" (Mavs lost)
    --- Game 4 vs Mavs: "Calls and Non-Calls that could have had a different bearing on the outcome." (Mavs lost)

-- Lakers:
    -- A defensive 3 helps the Lakers win the 2nd seed in the East (guess who they took the 2 seed from?)
    --- As the Mavericks swept through the Lakers, there were "no big wrong calls." . At best, there were "some tough calls that could have gone either way" (they went the way of the Mavs).
    --- The only time the creator showed any favorable Lakers footage? When they lost game 4. The videos paint the Lakers in a bad light, until the very last game, where the guy calls Barea a flopper. Probably trying to cover up the evidence, but the previous videos focus heavily on the Lakers.
    --- In this video that only talks about the Lakers, it even goes as far as to criticize the Thunder! (an opponent the Mavs knew they would have to face).
    --- Game 1 vs Hornets "Good call by ref deserves credit" (Lakers lost, no side of their story heard).
    --- This is another video, with the Hornets series tied at 2, the website creator finally decides to show both sides of the story. With the series still in the balance, that is.

-- Spurs:
    --- "Good no call on Manu's injury inducing flop"
    --- Game 1 vs Grizzlies "Not much controversy, but some good flops by Bonner" (Spurs lost)
    ---More videos on Ginobili. Ginobili is taunted as a "Flopper." Of course, the Grizzlies did not receive much attention. This guy is covering all his corner for potential Mavs opponents.
    --- But when the Grizzlies finally advance, the website creator starts planting seeds about the Memphis Grizzlies!. He hadn't done that in all his previous videos regarding the Spurs-Grizzlies.

--Thunder:
    --- Game 1 vs Mavs: He favors the Mavs, with 4 bad calls against the Mavs to 3 against the Thunder.
    --- Game 2 vs Mavs: "Bad calls favor Thunder" (wow surprise here)
    --- Game 3 vs Mavs: "First half pretty clean, but second half made up for it" (Mavs lost, of course).
    --- Game 5 vs Mavs: "The Mavs did not benefit during comeback win" (how appropriate lol!)
    ---In this video, it says that the Refs should not have been able to review a potential backcourt violation that gave KD a chance to win the game (OKC won).
    --- Game 1 vs Nuggets: "Refs miss goaltending violation that gives OKC late lead"
    --- Game 4 vs Nuggets: In this video, it only focuses on the Thunder, setting the tone in case the Thunder and Mavs would meet.

-- Bulls: In the first and second round, they painted a bad picture of the Bulls. Bulls were playing their best basketball around this time and many felt they could make it to the Finals. In the third round, the Bulls start receiving more empathy because the owner of the site can now see that the momentum has shifted towards Miami. By the end of the series, the writer mostly focused on the Heat.
    -- Game 1 vs Pacers: "Rose carries the ball on way to big bucket, but no call"
    --- Game 3 vs Pacers: "Huge no-call on travel helps Bulls win"

-- Celtics:
    --- Game 1 vs Knicks: "Two bad calls at end of game doom Knicks"
    --- Game 2 vs Knicks: "4th quarter no-calls help Boston"

-- Heat:
    --- Game 1 vs Celtics "Some of the worst calls we've seen" (Miami won the game)
    --- Game 2 vs Celtics: More focusing on the Heat after they won, nothing about the Celtics.
    --- Game 3 vs Celtics: With Miami up 2-0, the Celtics get their first win of the series, and "the refs were not a problem," which is very convenient since the Heat lost the game.
    --- Game 5 vs Bulls: "Surprisng number of wrong calls" (against the Bulls, of course).
    --- Game 1 vs Mavs: "Not equal for Mavs" and "Wrong calls affect Dallas more than Miami" (of course, the Mavs lost)

There's a lot of focus on the Heat this series, especially the travels, but there were 2 clear travels (J-Kidd jumping into Wade) and Nowitzki's Hakeem step that the guy didn't show. When I didn't see those mentioned while the guy focuses heavily on Miami, I decided to do some back tracking and I can't believe how bad a picture he painted of every title contending team EXCEPT the Mavs!

Please note that there is plenty more and I did not have the time to post every video and show every piece subjective reporting by the web author that shows he favored the Mavericks over every team he reported on.
    Last edited by Wade>You; 06-08-2011 at 07:31 AM.

haha a Heat fan made this thread. first facepalm!

Makes no sense, we all know Dallas has been favored this play-offs. The Lakers series gave it away, you can mug Kobe and Gasol all you want and no call but you can't touch Dirk..........LOL.

The finals is pathetic, the refs are keeping Dallas in it every game.

ill give you a flop and horrible call from last night: Heyward went out to check Lebron and got close to him and Lebron acted like he was just pushed hard as hell.

Also game 3 Wade jumped for a rebound and flopped like kidd pushed him in the back and and the replay showed he was not touched at all
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

The Heat's big 3 flop like it's their job. I don't understand what you're trying to say with this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    Makes no sense, we all know Dallas has been favored this play-offs. The Lakers series gave it away, you can mug Kobe and Gasol all you want and no call but you can't touch Dirk..........LOL.

I'm guessing you ignore the amount of fouls Haslem commits while guarding dirk but gets away with because he has the title of "Great Defender" which makes him immune to touch fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    The Heat's big 3 flop like it's their job. I don't understand what you're trying to say with this thread..
    +1. I don't know why this thread was started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post

HEAT FANS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REFS!

i never thought the day would come....

What the **** is refcalls.com and this is pretty pathetic.

Why was it when other teams were complaining about Refs. the Heat fans were bashing them and now some of them have no problem being complete hypocrites and doing the same thing.

When the day comes that every game ends completely even on FT's and calls then that is when I will seriously start to think it is big time rigged cause that means Refs. are looking at foul call differentials and making adjustments to make them even.

Seriously man, your already crying and it's 2-2! Hate to see what you do if they lose? I'm a die hard LA fan and we didn't have an unjust series by the zebras. It was fairly ref'd throughout the series! I'm also the biggest Russell Westbrook fan maybe ever and the OKC series was fair too, OKC got away with some calls on dirk and Kidd got away with some on Durantual but who cares it evened out both ways. Quit crying, that's what makes people criticize Lebron and his groupies so much.

Cool site. Never seen it before. I think that's basically what NBA refs are shown (not the site, but that kind of indepth coverage of individual missed plays).

yep I blame the refs, refs 4 lakers 0

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Heat fans complaining about the refs

How the **** do you guys think you got here? If you want to complain about the refs, go back to the ECF and watch some tape

stop being a little *****.. the two of yous clog this forum with whiney nonsense that should be contained in the heat forum

I am not a fan of either team, id say it's been about pretty even, it's just i have seen the refs call less flops in game 3 and 4, the frist two miami had the flop edge, it think u are just seeing Miami mostly and dallas flops not getting called and people are but hurt. we all know the home teams allways have the ref advantage unless the refs are really trying to fix the games. get over it miami will losse this year, its not their year yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast