Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Dirk Choke?

Did Dirk Choke?

He had a turnover in the final seconds and missed the game tying shot......nobody says a thing but if lebron did the same that would be the only thing talked about...fair?

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Did Dirk choke? No

Is Dirk choking in the finals? Judging by his play to get ther and his play while ther I would have to say HELL YES? Dirk was an unstoppable beast the first three rounds, but now not so much. He's still getting his calls, but he's shooting like crap. You can give Miami's defense some credit , but not all the credit. I think the lights are just to bright for him. That being said im pulling for him because it may be his last chance in the big dance.
    How Ring Are Won

Defense!!!

Dirk didn't choke. But if LeBron did it you're right, there would 50 threads and nonstop ESPN overcoverage. And imagine what that idiot reporter would have asked .
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

Quote Originally Posted by ajnapoleon View Post
    He had a turnover in the final seconds and missed the game tying shot......nobody says a thing but if lebron did the same that would be the only thing talked about...fair?
    What are you talking about Lebron did worse! In the closing minutes he had a double dripple, missed two three pointers, and had a travel! Dirk at least scored his teams last 12 points, which by the way i might add, is more than Lebrons total 4th quarter points this series.

Quote Originally Posted by wjmoffatt View Post
    What are you talking about Lebron did worse! In the closing minutes he had a double dripple, missed two three pointers, and had a travel! Dirk at least scored his teams last 12 points, which by the way i might add, is more than Lebrons total 4th quarter points this series.
    LeBron's team has 2 wins, that's twice as many as Dirk's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jaji View Post
    HOLY ****!!!!! YOU CAN DO MATH?

No he didn't choke. If he was wide open and missed the shot then I would consider it choking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaji View Post
    So LeBron is playing better than Dirk?

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

Whhaaat???

In no way did he choke. If anything, he's the one who's kept them in games. He scored the teams' final 12 points. He did it all, and there was nothing we could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Whhaaat???

In no way did he choke. If anything, he's the one who's kept them in games. He scored the teams' final 12 points. He did it all, and there was nothing we could do about it.
    this
    /thread

Why is everyone watching Lebron's every move? It's still Wade's team and without him they would be down 3-0.

And to keep why would you say Dirk choked? He missed a contested shot. He hit just about everything else. Miami has played him tight and he is still getting points.

yes he choked, if dirk is going to be praised like a super star when he does good, he's going to get thrown under the bus when he fcks up...he said he was going to shoot but he thought wade was coming over to block his shot, so he kicked it out to the corner but marion was gone...sounds like he got scared and choked to me
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

Quote Originally Posted by Car Ramrod View Post
    Why is everyone watching Lebron's every move? It's still Wade's team and without him they would be down 3-0.

And to keep why would you say Dirk choked? He missed a contested shot. He hit just about everything else. Miami has played him tight and he is still getting points.
    ...and without LeBron the heat aren't even in the finals, it's not either/or it's both of them
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

The game is on the line. He is being heavily guarded by Haslem, a solid defender. He gets the ball, does his move and puts it up only to miss by inches. (** check the play out, he doesnt lift his knee as high and proportional as his successful shots, which sucks). Its not a choke. People miss, Dirk misses rarely. It happens.

We like Dirk, he doesnt leave Dallas to go to Los Angelas so he can play with Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher and announce it on national television. he stays with the team that is trying to build a team around him and win a championship. He doesnt grab LeBron James' arm when he has the ball and complain about the foul call. He doesnt have a rock concert to announce his team for 2010-2011. We like Dirk, the silent killer.

We make fun of LeBron James, as hes being compared to Michael Jordan... when he gets the ball on the 3 point line with no one on him and he has 20 seconds left and he shoots. A shot that could have closed out the game, but instead game Dirk that chance to have that tying shot.

Dirk misses a FT everytime the moon turns full, he rarely misses a shot and most of his skills are coming to use to bring Dallas back from some pretty bad scores. Its okay for you to miss once, its not really a choke. A choke would be if he had a lay up oppurtunity and he misses to tie the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast