Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would the Heat be in the finals without Haslem?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are just too good.

12 36.36%
  • No, he is the back bone of the bench.

3 9.09%
  • Likely, but its too hard to say.

16 48.48%
  • I dont think so, but it possible.

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love for Haslem

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Love for Haslem

It seems to me that Haslem has been an invaluable asset to the Heat, and considering how little time he had from being fully recovered to being inserted into the game, it seems he has been able to contribute a lot without disturbing the chemistry the team had spent all year developing.

So here is the question. Had Haslem not been able to come back for the post season, would the Heat be in the finals right now?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I believe they would have made it regardless. Yes, he's made the stride to the Finals easier, but the Heat are so talented and their defense has been superb all year when they focus and that was without Haslem. But damn I'm glad to have him back.

Favorite Heatle.
    A-hole HEAT fan since 1996.

2 games away from the HEAT AGE of the NBA!

Im gonna say yes they would have made the finals, haslem has been good though

When I first saw this, I thought you were bringing up a trade idea; Kevin Love for Udonis Haslem. Silly me.

I don't even know how this is a question. He didn't play in the Philly series and he only played 2:46 in the Boston series. So really this question boils down to could they have beaten Chicago without Haslem. Considering they did it in 5 games with him, I doubt a role player could swing a series that dramatically. I'll give him credit for a huge game 2 but other than that either Miami won comfortably or he had limitted impact.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

His defense on Dirk on the final play of game three was fantastic. I think they would have made it to the finals regardless, but IMO Haslem and Chalmers have been the x-factors for the Heat in these finals.

I put no, but it is impossible to tell. We would have lost game 2 to Chicago and been in an 0-2 whole. I think we would have lost that series if it were not for him.
    YES. WE. DID.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    It seems to me that Haslem has been an invaluable asset to the Heat, and considering how little time he had from being fully recovered to being inserted into the game, it seems he has been able to contribute a lot without disturbing the chemistry the team had spent all year developing.

So here is the question. Had Haslem not been able to come back for the post season, would the Heat be in the finals right now?
    I doubt it because his game 2 vs Chicago is what changed the series.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

haslem is a key part for miami and he deserves any recognition he gets thats for sure. the heat missed him badly after the injury but i'm not sure he was the sole difference in them making the finals though. when hes fully healthy his midrange jumper is killer on catch and shoots i expect big things from him and miller next season.
    Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 06-06-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I doubt it because his game 2 vs Chicago is what changed the series.
    Without him they would be forced to play big z, are you sold that he would fail?

I think the Heat would still be fine with Joel playing extra mins..

Likely but its too hard to say.

I would like to say yes, Haslem was just another weapon against Chicago. He IMO made it too much for Chicago. Without him, I say we would have lost Game 2, but came back and won both in Miami, went to Game 5 tied 2-2. I am just not sure.

LOVE me some udonis haslem. chris bosh needs to get that haslem hair back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast