Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 144
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,577
    I disagree. WE pay their salary. WE root for them and defend them regardless of how bad or good they are. WE are the reason they even have a career making millions playing a child's game.

    I will continue to use "WE" when referring to my Wolves forever. And my Hawkeyes, Texans, and Yankees.

    Sorry, I think its a fan's right to feel they belong as part of the team when they invest so much time and effort into following and cheering for them.

    It also makes it that much better when you feel like this, when your team finally wins a championship.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by marj987 View Post
    To all you Mavs or Heat fans or any other NBA teams stop saying "we" cause "we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs "we" are not on that floor winning games for no team...."we" just support the "teams" "we" dont do a thing but cheer the team you want to win on....."They" win the games..."we" just support.....That is all.
    Lol I thought I was the only one who thought like that...but in a way fans do support their team and if they don't, that team going to another city.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Wrong.

    You bought the Jersey.
    You payed for attending the games.
    You payed for Pay per view.
    You payed for this or that Merchandisign of your team.

    so YOU are PAYING your teams players salary, a portion of it, no matter how tiny so yes you are entitled to say WE this or WE that.
    bingo, +1

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    Wrong.

    We sat back and watched our teams play all season long hoping and praying for one accomplishment a championship.

    We (mavs fans) have watched our team dominate the regular season for a decade but have fallen short of a trophy to commemorate our efforts.

    We mavs fans have heard how Dirk is never as good as so and so how we will never win with a bunch of jumpshooters etc. And here we are.

    We may not be on the court but we commit our time and effort to watch and cheer on our teams so why can't we say we?
    100% agree with this.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,456
    I say we all the time, its just what comes outta my mouth when i talk about my teams! I have vested into The Seattle Mariners and Denver Broncos my whole life so i feel like i am apart of that organization! Stop being nit picky over nothing your acting like a 6th grader who knows english very well! lol

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by marj987 View Post
    To all you Mavs or Heat fans or any other NBA teams stop saying "we" cause "we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs "we" are not on that floor winning games for no team...."we" just support the "teams" "we" dont do a thing but cheer the team you want to win on....."They" win the games..."we" just support.....That is all.
    STFU and stop telling "us" how to support "our" teams. Get the thorn out of your ***. I have been a Pistons fan since I could walk and if you were in Detroit in 88-90 and 04 you would know that they wouldn't win **** without the support of their fans. That goes for most if not all teams. Also after your team wins a title something happens to the city... it kind of becomes electric for a few days... and that feeling is a sense of accomplishment; not just for the players but for the city itself...
    Last edited by Stuckey#3; 06-04-2011 at 03:12 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hemp Land
    Posts
    10,915
    I think this thread shows the difference between a die hard fan who lives and dies a little with every game oppose to a fan who likes the team but doesn't put as much emphasis on them.
    Last edited by championships; 06-04-2011 at 03:21 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,334
    Maybe if Dallas wins this year you will have a different perspective...
    Unless you are just a fairweather fan.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by marj987 View Post
    To all you Mavs or Heat fans or any other NBA teams stop saying "we" cause "we" didn't bring none of these teams to the playoffs "we" are not on that floor winning games for no team...."we" just support the "teams" "we" dont do a thing but cheer the team you want to win on....."They" win the games..."we" just support.....That is all.


    A team consists of the ones that play, the ones that coach, the ones that help and the last but not the least the ones who cheer.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    When people go see a movie, does the audience ever say "we made a good movie" because the studios profited from their money?
    That's a dumb example because the movie doesn't represent your city.

    People are investing in a team that represents where they're from.

    As a Sixer fan, the last decade has been rough and the mere fact that I've only missed a handful of games over 10 years gives me the right to say "we".

    You try sitting through a decade of mediocrity or worse, it ****ing sucks! but I do it because I love the team

    And it finally looks like things are turning around a bit for my Sixers, that's what makes it worthwhile; having a team you can be proud of.
    Last edited by SeoulBeatz; 06-04-2011 at 04:11 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    When people go see a movie, does the audience ever say "we made a good movie" because the studios profited from their money?
    Hmm, good try. Nobody knows how a movie is going to turn out. BUT, if alot of people go and see the movie and it makes a huge profit then technically "the people" made the sequel. What about that?

    Pretty simple, if the Mavs or Heat didn't have any fans then they wouldn't have a team. So fans are part of the team.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    297
    Obviously fans know they are not formally part of the organization, however most teams acknowledge the support of the fans. By using the term we, it is a way of feeling apart of it and no matter how small of a part, fans are part of it. Sometimes people can overdo it including some who take these forums too seriously.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    887
    The "we" argument is a age long argument. I say "we" all the time and the only way I can explain why I do it is because I'm very emotionally attached to my teams.

    As far as the front runners doing it, I can't really explain that..

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15,824
    I've been a Detroit fan for 31 years - I can say "we" if I want to. I played college football for Ferris State and I have a stronger connection to Tigers/Lions/Pistons than the team I played for. Besides my wife and kids - Detroit sports are a big part of my heart - so **** off. Horrible thread made by a kid. I also spend thousands on season tickets. My son was wrapped in a Detroit Tigers blanket the day he was born. I'll say we until I die.
    Last edited by fadedmario; 06-04-2011 at 04:09 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    100% agree with this.
    Yeah I can kinda feel were you guys are coming from.....but that fact that most of these fans wasn't real a original fan but all the sudden a fan saying we like they've been a fan all year long just kinda gets too me sorry if this was kinda pointless....but still what YOU! Did is what YOU did.......

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •