Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Is The Celebration Of Dunks Getting Out Of Hand

This was actually brought up a couple weeks ago, but I couldnt find the thread and I was wondering what fans thought of this in general. It seems that throughout this playoffs, and especially in the finals, players really like to celebrate the dunk, screaming and looking to the fans when they SHOULD be getting back on defence. I've seen this celebrating lead to 3 on 5s and 4 on 5s, and it seems like some players are treating a FG as if it were a touch down. In a touch down, play stops, clock stops, and there is time to celebrate, not to mention the fact that there are usually only three or four touch downs in a game. Celebrating a goal in hockey or soccer, makes sence and fits in with the game/time. Same with touch downs. But I think dunk celebrations are getting out of hand and actually impacting the game.

Thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

The Heat did that after every dunk in game 2, you would think the Heat was up by big time the entire game with the dunk contest like emotions from the big 3

The Mavs never let it got to them so its whatever

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

Players will do what they will, I am a not a big fan of it but what can ya do. Does it deter from focus of the game, maybe. The heat really gave that game back when they started playing to the crowd. Boxing and what not.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

If it costs them on the other side, i.e. not getting back on defense, then that's retribution enough, and that looks bad for that player. Like I said in the other thread as well, it has to meet certain criteria for it to be okay, i.e. I should celebrate when I dunk on my 6'1" cousin in a league game and not when I dunk on my neighbor's 4'1" daughter after church on Sunday.
    I remember Larry Bird getting on Reggie Miller for his jumping spinning around celebration during the Bulls series as well; those guys celebrated plays that mattered.
    Jerry West or Larry Bird? The discussion is over.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../birdje01.html

Part of the GOAT team: Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, Durrant, Ewing, Gervin.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/JIHaF

I watched Boshtrich's head nearly implode after a simple tip-in dunk last night.

Yes, it's ridiculous.
    #BenchMob

Would this have been an issue if the Heat held on to win last night? If anyone is trying to make sometime type of correlation to chest bumping and the reason they lost the game I'm not buying it...

if it's an amazing dunk then who cares...but if it's a crappy little putback like Rupaul had last night then yes...he acted like he dunked it through the legs from half...pretty ridiculous

this is a big reason why i cant watch these finals as much as i want to, the Heat players celebrate too much and overdramatize every shot they make. i get it sometimes if they player makes a great play or dunk but dont over do it. much like when they beat boston, they acted like they won the title. Egos that big make me want to not watch. Jordan had a huge ego, but not like these fools in miami...... Go Mavs

Dude, if I had as many easy dunks in a row as the Heat had in game 2, I'd find it hard not to be giddy and celebrating. There was a four or five minute span where it looked like an And1 mix-tape.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Dr. Johnson

These players on the heat been dunking since they were in middle school. It's completely out of hand, it doesn't even look natural the way they celebrate after dunks, its like they think it's cool.

Amd bron, seriously, looking into the crowd after every dunk? Get over yourself...

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Dude, if I had as many easy dunks in a row as the Heat had in game 2, I'd find it hard not to be giddy and celebrating. There was a four or five minute span where it looked like an And1 mix-tape.

Right but the And1 players arent PROFESSIONAL athletes, Miami over does it and it gets annoying

Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    These players on the heat been dunking since they were in middle school. It's completely out of hand, it doesn't even look natural the way they celebrate after dunks, its like they think it's cool.

Amd bron, seriously, looking into the crowd after every dunk? Get over yourself...
    Dude, 'Bron was strutting around like a peacock and jacking up terrible shots toward the end of the game, and he kept leaving his hand up like "oh yeah count that ****". I don't have a horse in this race, but that bugged me and made me glad that they lost. They totally got away from the blue collar work that got thm such a great win in game one.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Dr. Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Rentzias View Post
    If it costs them on the other side, i.e. not getting back on defense, then that's retribution enough, and that looks bad for that player. Like I said in the other thread as well, it has to meet certain criteria for it to be okay, i.e. I should celebrate when I dunk on my 6'1" cousin in a league game and not when I dunk on my neighbor's 4'1" daughter after church on Sunday.
    I remember Larry Bird getting on Reggie Miller for his jumping spinning around celebration during the Bulls series as well; those guys celebrated plays that mattered.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

It's getting alittle crazy and at the same time annoying. But, lets not pick on the Heat for this because theres at least one tool in every team that does it all the time. But, I do agree they did get out of hand last night. I wish I can celebrate and yell at work for every good thing I've done
    Last edited by ChitownSports16; 06-03-2011 at 12:26 PM.

I always lean towards the old expression "act like you're been there before"

I think it's a bigger intimidation factor when you dunk on someone or reject a player and just walk away like it's routine for you. Maybe that's why MJ was so amazing; the closest thing to celebrating I remember from him is a shrug or something along those lines. All you hear about MJ is how effortless he made the amazing look and I think that's why... he treated his amazing plays like they were easy for him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast