Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Would build a team around Pippen he was franchise material

72 58.06%
  • No has was a very good player but not franchise material

52 41.94%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Was Pippen a great player like a franchise player

Pippen was a very good smart player. He read the floor well, had good handles, Played solid defense, Ran the floor well, finishes around the basket in the open floor and was a very decent shooter. One of the most rounded players of all time. If you had to choose a player today that reminds you of Pippen in form of tallent who would it be? There is also talk that he was Jealous of Mj and felt he was just as good if not better as a player. Did he have what it takes and could Bull have made him their Franchise player?
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-29-2011 at 01:40 PM.

pippen finished 3rd in the mvp voting the yr jordan played baseball, so the notion that jordan made pippen is exaggerated to an extent
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

Hard to tell if he was a franchise player, but I think so. He could do everything well, including being one of, if not the best, perimeter defenders ever.

In 1994 when MJ was playing baseball, he did take the Bulls to 55 wins and forced the Knicks (a very great team that lost to the Rockets in 7 in the Finals) to 7 games.

He went 22/9/6 that year, shooting 49% with 3 steals and a block a game. He was First Team All-NBA and First Team All-Defense.

The guy was as 7 time all-star and made 7 all-NBA teams (3 1st team).

I think he could have won as a first option, given the right team around him (just like any other player needs).
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

best defender of all time. and he was no slouch on offense. he would was absolutley a franchise player. pippen was a beast.

that is a tough question. He is borderline for me, but I agree with ManRam. He showed in the year MJ was gone that he was a top 5 player, at least for that year, which qualifies you as a franchise player imo

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Peppin was not a franchise player.he was an all star and a all around good player. He was like the Shane Marion of his time. Great complimentary piece, but not a franchise guy.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

pippen in his prime >> pierce, carter, tmac, iverson, marbury, steve fancis, if you considered any of those guys franchise players in theyre prime then pippen was def a franchise player.

he would be nothing with out jordan .

Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Peppin was not a franchise player.he was an all star and a all around good player. He was like the Shane Marion of his time. Great complimentary piece, but not a franchise guy.
    this is probably the worst thing i have ever read on this forum..

LOL. Not surprised to see this post from the guy who said this:

I'm tired of bron acting like he can guard quick point guards. He's never been ever to guard any of these guys he said the same thing about rondo last year and as soon as it was apparent he couldn't guard rondo he never guarded him again.

For a superstar this guy is the biggest chump in the NBA. Yeah a 260 lb player is going guard the quickest player in the NBA, give me a break fkin break.
    and this

Again, you are wrong, as usual.

Bron use to play the pg position in cle and when it was obvious he couldn't guard any pg in the NBA they ended that nonsense.

Bron just likes to boost his ego by saying stupid crap like I'll guard him. You might see bron guard rose a few times in the first quarter, and just like what happened with rondo, he will get destroyed and won't guard him again.
    try another sport.

Quote Originally Posted by phantasyyy View Post
    this is probably the worst thing i have ever read on this forum..
    He's said worse.

Shane Marion

Is this a joke? It has to be.

Bill Simmons has him as the 24th best basketball player ever. B-R.com has him at #27. He's a HOFer and a member of the NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team.

Calling him "Shane Marion" is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by allSUAVE View Post
    he would be nothing with out jordan .
    Except, without Jordan he was 3rd in the MVP voting, 1st team All-NBA, 1st team All-defense and forced the second best team in the league to a great 7 game series.

Yup, sounds like "nothing" to me

first of all his name is shawn not shane. and 2ndly my man how the hek are you comparing pippen one of the nba's 50 greatest players to shawn marion? your talking about a hall of famer with 6 rings, who made severall all star games, defensive teams, all nba teams. your comparison is nuts bro.

How many of you people who voted against Pippen actually saw him play?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast