Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

If Miami Loses, Is Spo Out Of a Job?

Can Spo coach? Or can the guys just play. Mike Miller has played with James and Bosh and Wade with the olypmic teams, they already know how to play together. James has played with Big Z for years, Wade has played with Haslem and Anthony for years. No I am not saying Spo has or hasnt helped this team get better. I really havent watched enough Miami games this year to tell. But I put it to you: Is nothing short of a title enough to secure his job? With guys like Adleman (who is an amazing coach) and potentially Phil Jackson out there, and Pat Riley presiding over the team, there is no shortage of great coaches who could step in. It seems a title would offer Spo a lot of security, but what if Miami simply cant put a good series against Dallas?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

no but mike bibby likely is.

spo just guaranteed himself a job for next season

^agreed. Dont see him being replaced after getting to the finals...

no. unless he sits wade and lj in the 4th every game
    \_(ツ)_/

lol def not out of a job. while hes avg at best and imo doesnt do a great job of handling the media they got toothe finals and are probably going to win it all you dont get fired after you get to the finals

Pat Riley said in an interview that played on SportsCenter today that "Spo's career is just beginning," so I feel his job is pretty secure.

Heat will win. Plus like CeeDub said a finals spot gets him the job for next season, a finals win, new contract.

Absolutely not Riley groomed Spo for this job so I expect him to be there but if he can't win a title after next season, assuming they don't win this year, he'll definitely be gone.

I think Spo is definately safe. He showed he has the ability to get the egos together and get that team focused and playing together.

He is guaranteed to be around next year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I don't see a reason why he wouldn't still be the Heat coach next season.

what kind of question is this? If miami lost to philly in the first round, then maybe. But to come up with this thread is just ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

he is there next year for sure
    BEAT THE HEAT!!! GO MAVS!!!

No offense but this is a stupid question. How many coaches have been fired after making the Finals?

Call me crazy, but I somehow believe that Phil Jackson is waiting in the wings to replace Spoelstra if things do not work out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast