Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBullsM'sFan View Post
    Yeah, that's true buttttttttttttttttttttt we need some way to get power bats into our farm.
    But it doesn't matter what we have you never reach for a prospect you always go for the more talented guy. Either he takes someone elses spot in a couple of years or you flip him for what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    But it doesn't matter what we have you never reach for a prospect you always go for the more talented guy. Either he takes someone elses spot in a couple of years or you flip him for what you need.
    This is especially true in the top 5. Which is why Bill Bavasi is a HUGE FAIL.

Even though I say reach bubba will prob end up a top ten pick. so if we think of it that way it's more of a stretch than anything. It's warranted and justified.

Even though I say reach bubba will prob end up a top ten pick. so if we think of it that way it's more of a stretch than anything. It's warranted and justified.
    Kinda like when we reached on Jeff Clement and missed out on Ryan Braun, Ryan Zimmerman, Ricky Romero, and Troy Tulowitski?

Yeah, justified.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesa_Titan View Post
    Kinda like when we reached on Jeff Clement and missed out on Ryan Braun, Ryan Zimmerman, Ricky Romero, and Troy Tulowitski?

Yeah, justified.
    Bad picks is a part of the game. You don't know it'll happen. If everyone picked good, the MLB would be overloaded with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Bad picks is a part of the game. You don't know it'll happen. If everyone picked good, the MLB would be overloaded with talent.
    Yup, bad picks happen, and they happen because of stupid GM's and talent evaluators.

I guess we should just go along with the same philosophy since we might get lucky and hit one, or have one fall in our laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    You really shouldn't miss with a top 5 pick like Mesa said though. Clements was a terrible pick and was more of a need pick then a talent pick just because Bavasi thought he could play catcher it was a horrible pick at #3.

Yeah, justified.
    we weren't the only teams to pass on those guys same goes for Lincecum those are the breaks man. There's a lot of other players we've missed also but it's whatever.

we weren't the only teams to pass on those guys same goes for Lincecum those are the breaks man. There's a lot of other players we've missed also but it's whatever.
    Backpedaling.

Nice.

Backpedaling.

Nice.
    not backpedaling. just saying. I still want us to go after a power. I know we passed on some big time players but what are we going to do about it? That's the draft.

not backpedaling. just saying. I still want us to go after a power. I know we passed on some big time players but what are we going to do about it? That's the draft.
    No, that's Bavasi.

It's the reason we've sucked for so long. Bad drafts, equals desperation, desperation equals bad free agent contracts, combine those two together and you have a bad team for many years.

No, that's Bavasi.

It's the reason we've sucked for so long. Bad drafts, equals desperation, desperation equals bad free agent contracts, combine those two together and you have a bad team for many years.
    The trades he made where the worst thing that happened to this team. Bad drafts happen as do FA decline after they're picked up (which seems to happen more the M's but w/e) However, I'm pretty sure where a lot better team if we don't make any of bavasi's trade now. The thing is when you're rebuilding you have to be committed to the rebuild not sell of farm your for an attempt to compete and that's what Bavasi did and that's why we had nothing in the farm and that's why we're bad now. If we don't commit to a rebuild then we'll never turn it around.

The trades he made where the worst thing that happened to this team. Bad drafts happen as do FA decline after they're picked up (which seems to happen more the M's but w/e) However, I'm pretty sure where a lot better team if we don't make any of bavasi's trade now. The thing is when you're rebuilding you have to be committed to the rebuild not sell of farm your for an attempt to compete and that's what Bavasi did and that's why we had nothing in the farm and that's why we're bad now. If we don't commit to a rebuild then we'll never turn it around.
    No, the only guy that has been doing good from Bavasi's draft i believe is Adam Jones someone correct me if im wrong, Cabrera and Choo were international signings..Bavasi was horrible at drafting.

No, the only guy that has been doing good from Bavasi's draft i believe is Adam Jones someone correct me if im wrong, Cabrera and Choo were international signings..Bavasi was horrible at drafting.
    You're right but I think jones came first. Bavasi's draft was very bad but there was still talent in the minors which got trade away for some crappy vet. In an attempt to accelerate the winning process.

Quote Originally Posted by boysbullsm'sfan View Post
    you're right but i think jones came first. Bavasi's draft was very bad but there was still talent in the minors which got trade away for some crappy vet. In an attempt to accelerate the winning process.
    beltran! Beltran! Beltran!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast