Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Except this is a very subjective thing... we don't exactly know who the best really is... and especially this season too many factors go into the numbers we are seeing in the stat lines, like the change in bats affect both hitters and pitchers. A great talent evaluator like GMZ may find player B to be the best while 20 other GMs would take player A. Not all people see the same upside, downside and projectability. The hardest part is knowing you're a fool if you pass on Strasburg, even though you see his delivery and you're pretty damn sure it means problems down the road... how do you pass though? That's what every GM will be thinking to themselves when they are looking at Rendon if he's on the board: future injuries, but oozing talent.

Anyway, I'm 100% for the BPA, I just think its too easy to say it when in reality the "best" player is a very subjective thing...
    He was responding to BBMF's comment about reaching for a power hitter over a pitcher even if the pitcher was the better talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa_Titan View Post
    There is no chance in hell we wouldn't sign him.
    Disagree. He has the option of going back to school, his value is down, and Boris won't be settling for anything less than his peak value, which he could easily recover next year sans shoulder injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    He was responding to BBMF's comment about reaching for a power hitter over a pitcher even if the pitcher was the better talent.
    Ahh yeah, kinda lost that bit... thanks.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Disagree. He has the option of going back to school, his value is down, and Boris won't be settling for anything less than his peak value, which he could easily recover next year sans shoulder injury.
    Ugg, I never really thought about that. Good point though. With his injury issues he could be a ***** to try and sign because the GM's desired price point will surely be well below what Rendon and Boris will hold out for, and with Rendon only being a junior he can/would likely go back to school if the contract wasn't enough.

The only thing is that after the Paxton ordeal I can see some draftees telling their agents that they don't want to do what Paxton did, as it hurt him in the end. And since Boris already has a reputation amongst all the GMs, he's probably got some athletes under him who might object to taking such a route, especially if you were drafted #2... it doesn't get much better than that, and like with Paxton, you face getting drafted a couple rounds later the next time simply because you could now be a pain to sign.

The other thing is that with his injury issues he might think he would truly be better off in signing a bigger contract if he can have a healthy senior season at Rice.

The picture for us drafting Rendon is getting less... pretty. Now I can see why some draft pundits were claiming Rendon might fall to the fourth or fifth pick.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Isn't ackley a boras client? why not give him the same deal we gave ackley?

cause boras is all about inflation and getting "top" dollar each year

Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    cause boras is all about inflation and getting "top" dollar each year
    Shouldn't we use Ackley's deal as sort of a guideline?

I think we need a power bat we haven't been able to develop one in a while so if Rendon is gone at #1 we should go Bubba at #2.

i think Bubba Starling would be interesting to look at.. Hes big and fast and has the potential to be a 5 tool player he does have a scholarship to play football this fall at Nebraska, but if offered enough money I think he would come play for us.. he also has never focused on just baseball as he is played football and basketball could be great once he focuses on just baseball

I wouldn't mind Starling but if we don't get Rendon it seems it would be better to grab a pitcher like Cole or Bauer, Wouldn't mind Lindor though.

I wouldn't mind Starling but if we don't get Rendon it seems it would be better to grab a pitcher like Cole or Bauer, Wouldn't mind Lindor though.
    Lindor or Starling at #2 would make me vomit. Repeatedly.

There are three guys that should be the pick, Rendon, Cole, or Bundy, anyone else and it's a draft day fail.

I dont like the looks of rendon at all, way way way to many injuries already! Thats not something we want to go through!

We have enough pitchers. We haven't had a legit power bat come through our farm since when? Since who?

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBullsM'sFan View Post
    We have enough pitchers. We haven't had a legit power bat come through our farm since when? Since who?
    So what if we have alot of pitchers? You don't draft for need.

So what if we have alot of pitchers? You don't draft for need.
    Yeah, that's true buttttttttttttttttttttt we need some way to get power bats into our farm.

There's also this OF who didn't have a HS team but is making a lot of noise in the draft hopefully we can pick up him with our 2nd pick.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast