Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

M's Draft Thread

I should have made this a while ago...i apologize

We have the second pick this years draft and the draft is a week away

Talk potential draftees and players you like, rumors and such

This is the deal.

If the Pirates take Hultzen or Cole, literally ANYONE, but Rendon, he had BETTER be the pick.

If they take Rendon (I will die a little inside) then we take Cole or Bundy, no questions asked, if they reach on a guy like Starling or Lindor, I will cry.

I want Rendon I'ma be pissed if we draft some crappy HS pitcher.

There are genuine signability concerns for Rendon.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    There is no chance in hell we wouldn't sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    really? this is the first I heard you got a link ?

I have concerns about Rendon's health, 2 severe ankle injuries and his shoulder
    2011 Suck For Luck Campaign!
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBullsM'sFan View Post
    Rendon is the obvious pick if he falls and he checks out medically but id be fine with Bundy even if he is a prep pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Yendil View Post
    I have concerns about Rendon's health, 2 severe ankle injuries and his shoulder
    I have those same concerns so far this year he has only played defense twice.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 05-26-2011 at 12:11 AM.

I'd rather we reach on a power hitter than take a pitcher. We might pick up that Bubba kid. But from what I hear Rendon is healthy he should be our pick if he is there. I'd be pissed if he wasn't.

Rendon's shoulder scares the crap out of me right now

if we take a HS player i bet it would be that SS from Florida. Francisco Lindor

I'd rather we reach on a power hitter than take a pitcher. We might pick up that Bubba kid. But from what I hear Rendon is healthy he should be our pick if he is there. I'd be pissed if he wasn't.
    Reaching for a player would be stupid you take BPA even if it is a pitcher.

Exactly! Always take BPA regardless of depth

GMZ would get some flack if Rendon was there and he passed on him, but I would understand the hesitance to pull that trigger. Like was said, the two ankle injuries are very concerning, and the shoulder injury adds insult to injury (no pun intended). I can see us passing if GMZ's research into those injuries leads to suspicion of more injuries down the road. I know how those injuries go, my knees being my problem, and some injuries simply mean you will never be 100% again. Never. If both of these ankle injuries create a higher likelihood of re-injury then I would pass. We want him to play 3B, not DH.

I know he's considered the lesser pitcher to Cole, but his teammate Trevor Bauer is high on my radar. I can see him pulling a Tim Lincecum where he gets passed up for other pitchers but ultimately turns out to be the best of the group. He's destined to be a top 10 pick as is, so its not like he's a 3rd round talent or something. This is a deep draft, and frankly I think Bauer is the most likely candidate of the bunch to pull a Lincecum. I'd hate to be sitting here in three years looking back at how we drafted a "Morrow", when we could have had a "Lincecum".

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    Exactly! Always take BPA regardless of depth
    Except this is a very subjective thing... we don't exactly know who the best really is... and especially this season too many factors go into the numbers we are seeing in the stat lines, like the change in bats affect both hitters and pitchers. A great talent evaluator like GMZ may find player B to be the best while 20 other GMs would take player A. Not all people see the same upside, downside and projectability. The hardest part is knowing you're a fool if you pass on Strasburg, even though you see his delivery and you're pretty damn sure it means problems down the road... how do you pass though? That's what every GM will be thinking to themselves when they are looking at Rendon if he's on the board: future injuries, but oozing talent.

Anyway, I'm 100% for the BPA, I just think its too easy to say it when in reality the "best" player is a very subjective opinion...
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 05-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast