Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Anyone else dissapointed in Derrick Rose's performance?

Listen I'm not a big D. Rose fan, I think he's the most overrated player of the past decade, I don't think he deserved MVP and I don't think he's close to CP's or Deron's level. I do think he's a very talented kid, and is a very good offensive player.

His performance against the Heat so far, might be one of the worst playoff performances for a teams best player, i've ever witnessed. It came to a point in their last game, that Derrick Rose was hurting his team when he was on the court then helping them.

Lets have an actual discussion here, not a hate-fest on me nor Derrick Rose.

There really is no need for this, the guy is 22yrs old and the MVP. He's overachieving already at such a young age.

Obviously every Bulls fan is going to be disappointed, especially since they lost the game.

In before lock or lock before in. Whichever way you want to put it lol

DeMar "DeFuture" DeRozan

hes young. and doesnt really have any other type A talent around him
    give him time

No. He is young. He is a great player. His day will come.

This is all a learning experience for him. He's just going to keep improving his game.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

yeah- hes not gonna start winning right away. He'll understand he needs to create shot for others, not just himself. He doesnt realize- if 2 guys are guarding you, SOMEONE is open.

Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    No. He is young. He is a great player. His day will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    This is all a learning experience for him. He's just going to keep improving his game.
    What these guys said.

Overall he has had some pretty terrible shooting preformances this entire post season. And while I agree with you that he is one of the most overrated players in the NBA and should not have won MVP, his teammates arent playing well this series either. The Heat are a great defensive team and are freakishly athletic. They have pretty much shut down everyone this post season. (Cant wait to see what happens when they meet Dirk)

If this were Kobe Bryant that we were talking about, this thread would have exploded with everyone demanding that he had been exposed, just like the last regular season MVP winner was exposed in the playoffs.

The fact is Rose is going up against two of the top 5 players in the entire league in Wade and LeBron. You would expect his numbers to be pedestrian.

Further, this reinforces the belief that the role of the point guard is to make everyone else around him better. Rose is young and his skills as a creator and floor general will improve. He should work to see the floor the way a Steve Nash does. With vision and passing skills like that, Rose would truly be lights out.

He is on a team with limited offensive weapons. They are better than what LeBron had in Cleveland but no one other than Rose can create offense for themselves.

Other than that Rose is a good player. He does need to work on being efficient though. 20+ shots to score 20+ points is a terrible thing.

22Yr old MVP of the League, Playin against a team thats hittin their stride at the RIGHT time, No dissapointment there, only let down i could see here is that bulls should have gottn a Threat at SG position b4 the Trade dealine, but regardless this is the ultimate learnin curve needed to elavate DR game higher, next year he comes back with a more improved jumpshot, maybe more help on the wing(SG) an they make the finals........BTW its not over YET...

No, You can't expect D.Rose and K.Durant to be on the same level as Lebron, Wade and Dirk.

It's all in experience and not that easy to come in that young and beat guys you have just as much talent as you as well as a lot more experience.
    ____________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love that he's only 22. Some awesome talent for such a young age. A couple of problems. His bar was set pretty high by winning the MVP. He carried this team all season long, and now he's up against better players then him. Also, he is a horrible shooter, and so is just about every player on the Bulls. Great defense, and offensive rebounds can get you pretty far. But at the end of the day, wide open shots have to be made. Plain and simple.

He'll get it. There's no doubt there. Because the Bulls can't make 4" tip ins, or a 2' shot, he has to do everything. He's just not capable of doing that. Put some talent around him, where he knows that he doesn't have to drive the lane in a pile of 4 guys, and he'll be incredible. Also, he has to learn how to make a jump shot. Hell, he would still be in college had he stayed! He is so very gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    There really is no need for this, the guy is 22yrs old and the MVP. He's overachieving already at such a young age.
    Exactly. It takes time for a young star to adjust to the playoffs. Kobe has had some UGLY playoff performances, especially early in his career. Derrick Rose is already getting ECF reps at 22. That's a good thing.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast