Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh!!! :o

Uh Oh!!! :o

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-win-in-ot.ece

I was just reading the news on PSD and came across the part where:

It was Durantís 3-pointer with 5:06 left that put the Thunder up 15. After the shot, Durant gave the crowd a little eye-candy, pulling the imaginary championship belt around his waist a la Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
    I have a few questions. Should players ever do this before they win? Do you think Kevin Durant will ever do that again? Does this make Durant less humble or was it just a rare occurrence? Explain your thoughts.

Is this a few minutes before he was so sad kneeling on the ground?

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

Blake Griffin out-humbles him.

It was at home, it was for their fans.

A lot of times outsiders look at things players do at their home arena as out of character. But you shouldn't take it that serious. They are trying to rally the crowd and keep them excited.

Doubt he'll do that again.

Nobody can put on the belt except Aaron Rodgers - a true champion and MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    Since he made it up

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    It was at home, it was for their fans.

A lot of times outsiders look at things players do at their home arena as out of character. But you shouldn't take it that serious. They are trying to rally the crowd and keep them excited.
    this. besides, plenty of time to be humble off the court. On it, compete like an animal.

I got no problem with the "I want a championship belt" gesture...it symbolizes the team's ultimate goal. But to avoid embarrassing yourself, it's better to gesture after you have won the game.

It might have been a little premature, as we all knew the outcome. Other than that, I have no problem with it. Gotta have that attitude when you're in the game and be humble off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by MFFL==FML View Post
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-win-in-ot.ece

I was just reading the news on PSD and came across the part where:

I have a few questions. Should players ever do this before they win? Do you think Kevin Durant will ever do that again? Does this make Durant less humble or was it just a rare occurrence? Explain your thoughts.
    It's fine to do it when you know you have the game in hand, but 5 mins left anything can happen. Durant jumped the gun and now hes gotta get the monkey off his back, he will never forget that night.

Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    Lions are going to kill him this year.

-----

I love this kind of stuff. Even though it looks bad when you lose, I would do it 10 times out of 10 times.

theres nothing wrong with what he did.. he's trying to bring a title home. u pump the crowed up like that. theres just something wrong about okc losing a 15 point lead in 4 minutes haha. this game made them lose the next game too before it even started. because i can guarantee you that dallas wins the next game even if dirk gets injured half way. game 4 loss was so deflating it destroys u mentally. not to mention losing two in a row at home. add that to the fact that this team is wayyyy too young to deal with adversity or a blow like that. dallas wins in 5 like i predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by 8kobe24 View Post
    I got no problem with the "I want a championship belt" gesture...it symbolizes the team's ultimate goal. But to avoid embarrassing yourself, it's better to gesture after you have won the game.

i wouldnt say its better. maybe its safer. but i think its better to feel ur championship worthy BEFORE the game even starts. go into every game thinking ur going to win or dont go at all.

durant and westbrooke are like what? 22. harden 21? these guys are my age and harden younger than me. and theyre in the western conference finals. when durant learns how to get a complete game and westbrook learns how to be a point guard the league is in huge trouble.. theyre going to be the new mavs (a 50 plus win team for the next 11 years or so) remember dallas pretty much started with nash dirk and finley. durant westbrooke and harden. now they evolve from here. make required trades IE westbrooke perkins and ahrden for cp3 west and okafor. use the mle for a sg
    even westrook and perk for cp3 and okafor.

imagine ibaka and okafor on defense TOGETHER in a lineup with a team that can RUN. west as ur post threat cp3 as ur true point with a top 3 scorer in the league in KD. VERY bright future for OKC.

Zach Randolph told the crowd at the ATT center to quiet down in that game with the Gary Neal shot. I don't have a problem with that stuff. Hell, if I were a player I'd do it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast